Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Now ... that IS fascinating ... my traceroutes from the US were showing hops with GT in the DNS name ... i immediately thought GroupTelecom or something like that ... but now that we (appear) to be back online i don't see those hops any more ...

We are still checking - some customers seem up but this happened earlier today to so we're not counting the chickens quite yet ...

We are STILL down... *sigh*

Another interesting issue ... since this is a BGP issue - why has one of my access ports to the access switch at DCC bounced twice ... seems like someone is rebooting switches ... but what would access layer devices have to do with it ... i still think they are doing stuff ...

we are not out of the wood ...

If I was in Ontario I would be pulling all my equipment right now.

Unfortunately I'm in Alberta...

Can help

So your done with things ?

I'm sure Openleaf, my tech, or someone local could assist with that process

I know this sucks, but we can only hope things will be better whenever its finally back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasem View Post
    If I was in Ontario I would be pulling all my equipment right now.

Unfortunately I'm in Alberta...

Quote Originally Posted by matador View Post
    So your done with things ?

I'm sure Openleaf, my tech, or someone local could assist with that process

I know this sucks, but we can only hope things will be better whenever its finally back up.
    Thanks for the support, I have a business partner going there tonight to start offloading data.

I chose the absolute wrong place to host Telecom hardware. Phones being down for 11+ hours doesn't exactly work out.

It was my mistake for not being geodiversified.

We have 2 sites and a VPS for DR name services in the US ... today though may have cost us our largest client - but in the end we too need to beef up the other DC and get even more redundancy - at least our corp services and email was up and running so that we could work today ... very frustrating - but the last place we left over a year ago had a 26 hour outage (4 hour planned maintenance that went wrong) and no updates ... i think this will hopefully be a learning experience for EVERYONE that colos and the colo themselves ...

Especially if this was due to a new upstream being turned online today (as per the press release) ... i'll hold judgement for when i see the incident report and the rebate.

Up and running now... Hopefully the compensation balances out the customers I lost... heh

interesting ... their website is not up ... everything seems fine but their website is still not accessible

They are back up, I just got home from the facility. Was like a movie scene - cars everywhere, people everywhere... Glad it's back up. Looking forward to getting a formal RFO.

RFO came out - i'm not too happy with it as it seems to try to indicate this was not a problem that fits the SLA criteria and therefore a financial reimbursement.

OpenLeaf,

I never got the RFO, would be interested to see this.

I think you have to open a ticket with support or noc to get the report. if you send a request they will send it over.

Openleaf,

Can you clarify what in the RFO makes the SLA not apply?

There was a note at the end "No physical hardware or fiber failures occurred during this outage, the issue lay outside the network edges." ... it concerned me.

Hoping to clarify today with them ... by now everyone else should have gotten the incident report if you were affected ... did you get it?

16. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12