considering buying BurstNET vps

Hi Guys,
    I have read some pretty bad reviews abour BurstNET around the forum. Not sure if it was the error from the data center or the client.

Anyway, I am thinking to give them a try with a small VPS and upgrade eventually if they're good. Just looking to understand how you're experience has been. Your opinion is highly valuable.

Check out the review I just posted after 9 months with BurstNET: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1123840

99% of the negative reviews of BurstNET are completely groundless and caused by the client, not BurstNET.

As long as you have enough experience managing servers yourself, I would not hesitate to recommend BurstNET.

Yep, WhichGunDotCom is right. Most of them expect to pay couple of dollars and get a performance and stability of a dedicated server.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Given their low prices, I say give them a try for yourself. If you don't like, you won't be losing much. Good luck.
    Cloudstra - Join the cloud revolution!
    Provider of SSD powered Clouds! Visit our Facebook page for discounts!
    Full redundancy | Auto-failover | Enterprise Hardware | Instant scalability
    8 Cloud locations: Dallas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, London, Sydney & Singapore

BurstNet is pretty good if you know how to manage your servers.
    I HAVE 2 test VPS with them and they work great.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

They have mixed reviews.
    It is subject to your own justification to categories how true it is.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Burst does offer a good service when we had them never had a problem with the hardware or network it was solid. We used burst for over a year without a problem we rarely used tech support but when we did it did take some time to get the issue resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by WhichGunDotCom View Post
    99% of the negative reviews of BurstNET are completely groundless and caused by the client, not BurstNET.
    WRONG! It's 99.99997%!

Here is my point of view:
    I had several VPS and dedicated servers with Burst. I really did not like their support too much. It was slow, monosyllabic and you never knew: "Will they answer in 3, 6, 12 or 24 hours" which makes it hard when a real problem arises.

However, the value you get for the money you pay is good. I have not had any network issues and I still have a very low budget VPS with them ($4 a month with coupon) that does a good job. In fact, it does better than any other budget VPS that I have.

Again, I do neither like Burst's support nor the way that their representatives act over here sometimes. But I am also sure that most of the bad reviews here are just plain stupid and exaggerated.

I've had a couple of their VPS for short periods (special projects). The longest was three months, I think, so my experience may not be typical.

I never had to use support. I found the VPSes to be fine, speeds acceptable (LA data center, and I'm in LA), and uptime good. I had to provide a scan of my credit card and ID to establish my account, a requirement that I haven't faced elsewhere (something probably tripped their fraud system).

They are self managed / un-managed. If you don't know what that means, find out.

currently, i have two vps with Burst running DNS-ONLY over 80 domains. They working fine.

As a follow-up to my previous post, I feel that I have to add something:

Today, I was in contact with their sales and billing department. The first time since months. And - Wow. Not only did they answer my questions very fast (within minutes), they also were very friendly and helpful. I was in contact with a "Benji B." and a "Jennifer A.". Both did a real good job. Maybe I am forced to change my opinion about Burst and their attitude...

The answer is found in their own needs, if you want a VPS with high stability and fast response should look to managed providers that have great prestige, if you have experience in the administration of a server can be an option. Good luck with your search
    Business in a Box & Adsense WebSites
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Amitz View Post
    As a follow-up to my previous post, I feel that I have to add something:

Today, I was in contact with their sales and billing department. The first time since months. And - Wow. Not only did they answer my questions very fast (within minutes), they also were very friendly and helpful. I was in contact with a "Benji B." and a "Jennifer A.". Both did a real good job. Maybe I am forced to change my opinion about Burst and their attitude...
    I've experienced a similarly impressive level of support over the past 9 months. The very few issues that I had were all dealt with (not just replied to, actually resolved) in under an hour. Even non-urgent tickets opened in the middle of the night on a weekend (RDNS requests) were completed in minutes.