Need a VPS - Urgent

Hello,

I am coming from Shared host and very new to VPS.

VPS should be ready to host my sites, min 20 gb space. I have no idea about memory, i get around 5000 uniques a day on my wordpress blogs. It have few plugins installed like seo, ngg. bandwidth more than 200GB per month.

Even shared is ok, if it can handle things. Please suggest me any good affordable host.

Thank you
    Kris.

Should offer all you need at http://ezyhost.co.uk/vps.html

What is your budget? Do you need any specific location, control panel...?
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

How many of those unique hits are online at once, that should give us a bit more info on how much RAM etc you will need.

Will you be using cPanel or just a LAMP setup?
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

My situation is a kind of unique. Google indexed my site in the first page regarding a hot news happened before 2 days. So after few days there is lot of probability of decrease in unique visitors (to few hundreds in a day).

Users are coming continuously. So may be 200/hour or upto 400 in peak hours. cutting them to per min Max 50.

I am planning to start with a basic one, if the users are coming like this even in future, then i may upgrade it. Or any big plan with offers for first few months(like wiredtree 50% off offer).

Budget around 25$. cpanel preferred. Due to recent sopa things non us is better i think. Good Assistance is appreciated.

Thanks for all replies
    Kris.

@kris23

With a budget of $25 remember that cPanel licenses are 15 USD on their own. Lets assume you need 512MB RAM minimal for cPanel so you are left with 10 USD to spare for the VPS itself.

If your confident enough to go unmanaged, it is probably possible but i cant say for sure regarding managed plans.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Thanks for reply VMport

I am very unsure how the situation going to be after few days. Once the news become old, users stop searching for the old news. Then a 50$ vps for 1k unique visitors a day is too much.

Wiredtree have a offer now, 50% off for first 2 months. So it becomes 25$/month for me for first few months. If the things are same in the 2 months then i can keep it, or i can move.

I am looking for any other hosts or plans, who also can assist me, coz im new to vps.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kris23 View Post
    My situation is a kind of unique. Google indexed my site in the first page regarding a hot news happened before 2 days. So after few days there is lot of probability of decrease in unique visitors (to few hundreds in a day).

Users are coming continuously. So may be 200/hour or upto 400 in peak hours. cutting them to per min Max 50.

I am planning to start with a basic one, if the users are coming like this even in future, then i may upgrade it. Or any big plan with offers for first few months(like wiredtree 50% off offer).

Budget around 25$. cpanel preferred. Due to recent sopa things non us is better i think. Good Assistance is appreciated.

Thanks for all replies
    Kris.
    For your needs, a fully managed VPS with 512 MB to 1024 MB RAM would suffice. It's tough at the lower end of the RAM scale with cPanel, but it can be done by eliminating unnecessary services. There are guys running a single Wordpress site on a much smaller VPS, but they are experts (and to get to that position, they make a lot of mistakes and have a lot of down time).

Because your site's reputation is linked to uptime, I don't think the risk of trying to go cheap is advisable.

You are not going to get a quality managed VPS in that range for $25. You can for $10 more, the cost of three Venti Lattes a month. I've been impressed when helping friends set up VPS at KnownHost.com and JaguarPC, and I've been happy with VPS at ThePrimeHost.com. Where I have my current VPS is MDDHosting.com, and I highly recommend them (but you have to about double your budget, and only if they have stock!)

If it's a single Wordpress site, and you don't need a control panel, you could go with an unmanaged VPS, and hire a server management company. You will pay $8 to $10 a month for the VPS, plus $80 to $125 for initial set up and hardening, and migrating your site to the VPS. Then you will need to hire that server management company again periodically ... every 6 months would be my guess, but you might get away with once every year or two. This would be the way to go if you want to learn how to manage a VPS, but as you can see, its not cheaper in the short run.

@fshagan

Thanks for detailed explanation. I can raise the budget if i am sure about my visitors in coming days. But i am not sure about them.

What u think abt wiredtree, i will be having 2 months time paying 25/month.

Thanks again
    Kris.

@INTERSERVER

Thanks for reply, but it seems u r too new here.

fshagan mentioned JaguarPC and they have a promotion at http://www.jaguarpc.com/specials/wht.php for 1Gb RAM, 50Gb HDD and 6000Gb bandwidth for $19/month. With Cpanel it's $24/month and managed.

Quote Originally Posted by kris23 View Post
    @fshagan

Thanks for detailed explanation. I can raise the budget if i am sure about my visitors in coming days. But i am not sure about them.

What u think abt wiredtree, i will be having 2 months time paying 25/month.

Thanks again
    Kris.
    I don't have any experience with WiredTree, but you can search for reviews of them here. The JaguarPC special sounds interesting; they were good when I helped a friend set up a VPS.