Cool Looking for good VPS for minecraft

I have been looking around for a host for my minecraft server with barely any luck. I want something that has 4GB of ram and if it is a VPS needs to be xen or kvm. I've seen some dedicated servers in my price range but they usually only have 2 GB of ram which isn't enough for me. I really don't want to go over $80/month but if the service and customer service is AWESOME and I put that in caps to emphasize the importance of customer service, I will go over a bit. But I would rather try to keep it under $80/month. Thanks

Sorry I forgot to add I would like a server in the US. East coast would be nice but any US location would be fine.

Although they're generally "basic managed", Burst.net have some great VPS packages and provide excellent value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorton89 View Post
    Sorry I forgot to add I would like a server in the US. East coast would be nice but any US location would be fine.
    Stick to the East coast - with a gaming server you will notice the difference.

Your budget is very good, you won't have any issue finding some thing with in that price range. You could even colo your own server with that much. A 4gb node for Minecraft would be a really cheap build, but then you need to take in to account possible hardware failure.

Quote Originally Posted by jcsrv View Post
    Although they're generally "basic managed", Burst.net have some great VPS packages and provide excellent value for money.
    They do not have KVM or Xen as far as I know - some thing the OP noted.
    SonicVPS.com - Automated VPS Provisioning

What do you mean a 4gb node would be a cheap build? and what kind of hardware failure? Wouldn't that be the VPS providers fault if thier hardware failed?
    Last edited by mmorton89; 02-08-2012 at 12:06 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Any reason why you have to have a VPS, there are many Minecraft server providers offering much better packages in your price range but in shared environments. This just means you will get all the ram assigned to your server rather than having a VPS which uses some for the OS.

What do you mean a 4gb node would be a cheap build? and what kind of hardware failure? Wouldn't that be the VPS providers fault if thier hardware failed?
    I believed he mentioned the disk array setup. $80 for 4GB RAM Xen or KVM VPS is just a bit at lower price range.
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

Might as well rent a dedi with one of the cheaper providers such as DataShack, could just about grab their i5-2400 / 8GB box.

i want a vps because minecraft hosting sites are all junk. They give you nothing but a minecraft control panel. I want full access to my files and not a crappy control panel where all i can do is install bukkit plugins and restart my server. Besides how much ram does a linux operation system use anyway? I though it wasnt much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcworm View Post
    Might as well rent a dedi with one of the cheaper providers such as DataShack, could just about grab their i5-2400 / 8GB box.
    oh my goodness... why are they so cheap?

oh my goodness... why are they so cheap?
    Haven't a clue, they seem to be well regarded around WHT though. If you were to order from them just don't expect everything on a silver platter.

If you would rather rent an EU server you may want to look at Hetzner, Kimsufi etc. - the latter being where the majority of 'minecraft hosts' resell from anyway.

My suggestion was that you could even build your own Minecraft server, and then colocate that in a data centre for around $50 - 80 a month. Depends on location and what have you.

A server would be fairly cheap to put together, around $500 to $600 dollars. As this wouldn't be a VPS though, you would have to manage it in case of hardware failure, but generally server will keep ticking and the first thing to go are the drives. So a RAID1 set up would likely be sufficient for your needs.

We gave some nodes away and they're being used as Minecraft servers.

Or as Orcworm suggests, go with a budget dedicated server - you don't have to worry about hardware or anything here and you have the dedicated resources.
    SonicVPS.com - Automated VPS Provisioning

Lock here Minicraft VPS 123Systems.net

Have a look at Linode.

Their VPS' are awesome. We use them for our webserver.
    https://allgamer.net Email me: Clinton@allgamer.net
    High Performance Game Servers

For a minecraft server, a vps is alot cheaper. If you buy in the US there are alot of good prices and good quality servers. There are some Minecraft server hosting in the US, they have xeon and you could get 4 gig ram for about $70.