Thread: Solusvm Master

Solusvm Master

For a solusvm master install, with no virtualization. Do I need to have the openvz kernel loaded?
    █ Subnet Labs, LLC | Deploy to Seattle, Dallas or New York City
    Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting | Software Development

No, you do not need anything but CentOS installed and then you install the master. It does not require any virtualization technology.
    QuadraNet Enterprises | Providing Secure Infrastructure Solutions to modern businesses since 2001.
    QuadraNet is a globally recognized cloud solution provider ​with the Best-in-class responsive 24x7 customer support.​
    Locations: Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas, New Jersey, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle & Amsterdam.
    Andrew Moore andrew.moore@quadranet.com Visit https://www.QuadraNet.com

You can find all of this information within the SolusVM/OpenVZ wiki's. I have to be honest, you are not making a good impression of your business asking all these questions regarding virtualization, you should already know all of this before you start trying to sell it.

What happens when the control panel messes up and your left with command line, are you going to know how to proceed when your clients are asking questions.

Just my opinion.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Quote Originally Posted by VMPort View Post
    You can find all of this information within the SolusVM/OpenVZ wiki's. I have to be honest, you are not making a good impression of your business asking all these questions regarding virtualization, you should already know all of this before you start trying to sell it.

What happens when the control panel messes up and your left with command line, are you going to know how to proceed when your clients are asking questions.

Just my opinion.
    I'm sorry you feel that way. I just like to be ready and double checking everything before I start.
    Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting | Software Development

Quote Originally Posted by VMPort View Post

Just my opinion.
    Also, I was looking on their wiki's , I just came here to double check on their wording.