Need some VPS recommendations...

Hi everyone...

I stumbled across this website while searching for VPS hosting reviews. You all seemed pretty knowledgeable and informed, so I figured I'd just post my question/situation on here.

I own/publish a relatively popular news blog in my home town. We average about 7,500 visitors and 15,000 page views per weekday. For the past year or two, I've used (please don't laugh at me) a GoDaddy Grid server for hosting and am looking for a more reliable VPS host.

Any suggestions? My website is built in Wordpress. I'm looking for a host who is fast, reliable and one that can handle a bunch of concurrent connections for those random days we make the frontpage of Reddit, Mashable or Fark. My budget is about $50 a month, but I'd spend more if it was worth it.

Thanks!

You can have a look at offer forum or request a quote here
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/hostquote.php?section=vps
    Your budget is good for a managed vps with cpanel.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Where is your town located? You may want to pick a company that has servers closer to your target audience.
    Senior Network Architect
    Managed Network Services for Hosting Providers
    www.ipexperts.net
    | https://anycastvpn.net

what should be the best location for you? if i got it right, it should be close to your home town since your main visitors are from there.

also, do you have some traffic graphs so we can recommend some cpu/ram specs?
    SpiderVPS.com
    It's official: WE'RE CRAZY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrick32626 View Post
    Hi everyone...

I stumbled across this website while searching for VPS hosting reviews. You all seemed pretty knowledgeable and informed, so I figured I'd just post my question/situation on here.

I own/publish a relatively popular news blog in my home town. We average about 7,500 visitors and 15,000 page views per weekday. For the past year or two, I've used (please don't laugh at me) a GoDaddy Grid server for hosting and am looking for a more reliable VPS host.

Any suggestions? My website is built in Wordpress. I'm looking for a host who is fast, reliable and one that can handle a bunch of concurrent connections for those random days we make the frontpage of Reddit, Mashable or Fark. My budget is about $50 a month, but I'd spend more if it was worth it.

Thanks!
    When choosing a provider, make sure you choose one that is close to your users.

What are your full requirements?
    1. Control Panel?
    2. Managed or Un-managed?
    3. Location?
    4. Space, Bandwidth, RAM?

- Daniel

Thanks for the replies. I'll try to answer these questions the best I can:

- The "town" is Oklahoma City. About 65% - 70% of my traffic comes from Oklahoma.

- I'm pretty illiterate when it comes to servers. I know I want a managed one, but I'm pretty hands off when it comes to that stuff. In the past, all the back-end set-up and design stuff has been done by various friend's who work in web design or programming. That will be the case with this, too.

- Not sure what traffic stats/graphs you may need. During my last billing cycle with SuckDaddy I used 322,000MB in bandwidth and 5.345 MB in disc space.

Once again, thanks for replies. I'm a novice when it comes to this stuff. any advice (other than hire someone to take care of all this) is appreciated!

I would search the VPS forum for reviews of LiquidWeb.com ServInt.net KnownHost.com and WiredTree.com

Also check the VPS Hosting Offers forum where they offer free upgrades, coupons, and other enticing offers.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?