VPS247 STAY AWAY! 1 year of hell.

VPS247 have incredibly bad servers. If you want a website that may, or may not be on the internet, host with them. If you want a website that people can actually see on the internet, stay well clear.

The thing that gets me is that even when it is CLEAR that your server is down because of a fault with VPS247 or M247, they try to tell you it is YOUR fault, and YOU need to upgrade - ie PAY THEM MORE MONEY!

Support told me it was my fault, even though VPS247's admin site was unavailable, there were numerous other people on Twitter with the same problem, and I personally knew other websites hosted with them were down. This was when they eventually got round to restarting my server after minutes, or HOURS of downtime.

Their record was 9 hours!

This happens over and over again.

STAY AWAY FROM VPS247, part of M247. SERIOUSLY.

Sound like you have had a bad time how long have you been with them?

please report your post so you can get verified...

@ezbnc
    i think it's mentioned in the subject: 1 year :-)
    SpiderVPS.com
    It's official: WE'RE CRAZY!!!

That sounds like a very bad experience! It would be nice if someone from VPS247 could comment on this thread, I'd be interested to hear their side of the story

I had the same experience with them. The file system get corrupted and the VPS was offline for hours. The support (if any) was very slow too. They are still sending me invoices even after I have canceled the service.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

That sounds about right. I've heard others on Twitter mention the same thing.

Am I supposed to report my page to get verified?

Ouch.

Sure guys we've had some problems. But I'm very happy to say we've learnt an awful lot from the experiences.

Technical support, stability, etc, all of it is greatly improved.

Don't believe me? Then fine, but I'm happy to offer six months free credit to anyone sceptical to try us out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spittin View Post
    Support told me it was my fault, even though VPS247's admin site was unavailable, there were numerous other people on Twitter with the same problem, and I personally knew other websites hosted with them were down. This was when they eventually got round to restarting my server after minutes, or HOURS of downtime.
    So James, could you verify this claim ? even admin site was unavailable and your support still told OP it was his/her fault ?

We used to use VPS247, and the VPS we had was good, the only reason we left them was because the support was sadly lacking, taking up to a week to answer tickets.

If I remember right, it took over a week to get them to fix a stuck reboot for us.
    This account is no longer active!

I agree you have improved stability James, as instead of downtime on a daily basis, it's probably only weekly now.

Your support - including your personal support - has not improved, and I don't think you have really learnt anything.

I cannot compare my new host to you, as they are in a different league. It wasn't until I moved that I realised how appalling your service really was.

Spittin - could you provide more details of the incidents; so as the viewers of the thread can see your exact experience rather than it just being your word vs theirs

Your experience though, does sound quite bad. It is nice that James is aware of the matter and is working on it though.

Here's January's Pingdom report. This was a good month after the improvements!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails janping.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Spittin View Post
    I agree you have improved stability James, as instead of downtime on a daily basis, it's probably only weekly now.
    I really do disagree with this, we do not have weekly downtime at all, that is a complete misrepresentation of the service we're providing to clients.

Quote Originally Posted by jenok View Post
    So James, could you verify this claim ? even admin site was unavailable and your support still told OP it was his/her fault ?
    Without more information this is impossible to verify. If the OP can provide ticket IDs where this allegedly took place I will be happy to investigate further.