Hyper-V VPS Disk I/O bottleneck??

Hi All,

I am facing a weird disk I/O issue on my Hyper-V node. I have 4 x 1TB disks in RAID-10. We have around 10 Virtual Machines running and still there is some issue with the disk I/O.

When we perform a disk intensive activity on the node, then the Disk I/O can easily go upto 150Mbps. But when any disk intensive activity is performed on a VPS, the disk I/O cannot go over 10Mbps even when there isn't any load on the node.

Would really appreciate a little help in this regard. Is there some setting which has to be changed so that VPS can overcome the disk I/O bottleneck of 10mbps?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

What RAID Card are you using for this? What is the write policy? Do you have BBU installed? You can monitor which VM is taking up high amount of disk IO in perfmon utility - it could very well be a case that single VM is causing this to happen. Other possibility would be excessive paging caused on VM's (due to non-availability of enough RAM).
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk