* Please suggest me how to start hosting business

Hi all, I'm steve,
    I would like to start a hosting business of my own. So, please help me to choose reseller hosting or vpn. I choose the following so far:

1.myhosting.com (vps)
    2.hostgator.com (reseller)
    3.godaddy.com (reseller)

Requirements
    1. most runtime server
    2. cheaper monthly fees
    3. hosting manager (using port 80 is better cause 80,8080,443 can only be used in our country).
    4. application installer
    5. little downtime and notification

I don't require billing system cause they host at me and I will have to print out account detail and price...

Budget supply:
    1. $30 for a month (cause I've got $60 a month)

In addition, should I buy monthly or yearly. Yearly is cheaper but if there is some problems, we have to wait them. monthly is more expensive.

Please, suggest me for most suitable host.

i will suggest you
    look at
    Eleven2 (15$/Month with free whmcs)
    Hostgator (1 of the best)
    Azpz for VPS
    ☆☆ RoyalNode Web Hosting☆☆ In Business Since 2018 (3 Years)
    ►►Los Angeles CA USA, Oregon Seattle USA, Canada, Amsterdam NL EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable Managed SSD VPS and Managed Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Steve,

Welcome to to WHT.

1st question is why do you need a reseller OR A VPN? They have nothing to do with each other.

How much space and bandwidth do you need? Any specific location?

- Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_mauna View Post
    Hi all, I'm steve,
    I would like to start a hosting business of my own.
    Do you have a business plan? I would start from there

Hey Steve.
    Your requirements are something you will easy find on a reputable host.

As for the reseller or vps it depends on you. Both are great to start but keep in mind that on vps you have to be able to manage it your own. Except you will go for a managed vps. Also on the vps you have to pay for your control panel license. Something that you will free with a reseller package.
    A VPS gives you more things than a reseller but if you are starting right now it will be better to start with a reseller and move on when you will grow.

Give us more specs for what you want so we can help you choose a package as TmzHosting wrote.
    For now i can only point you to the advertising section
    SnelBit.com - Internet Services!
    Shared Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | Europe VPS | SSD Dedicated Servers
    Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

I suggest starting monthly to test the waters. Then if you are happy then buy a year. Check the offers section and read reviews.
    I personally recommend ezpz and crocweb. I have both and love them equally for different reasons.

In addition, should I buy monthly or yearly. Yearly is cheaper but if there is some problems, we have to wait them. monthly is more expensive.
    Hello!

I would recommend starting with a monthly package, then switching to annual billing. Any reputable host will be able to do this for you. That way, if the service doesn't work out, you've only paid for a month or two rather than a full year.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.

You're considering two separate types of platforms -- reseller hosting and VPS. I would first decide between VPS and reseller hosting before choosing a host.

Do you have any experience in managing a server? Most VPSs will require some level of management experience to run them properly.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

i think you should first identify your market, and what they require from you. from here, you can determine your possible gains based on the infrastructure that you may need to set up, as well as any technical personnel you may require.

The port requirement rules out using cPanel/WHM, which runs on the 2082-2087 range by default. That takes out 90%+ of the hosts you might find on here.

I will host the up to 10-30 users with unlimited space, bandwidth and so on. I would like to fully control on cpanel or plex. I will give as follows:

Unlimited Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    cpanel hosting
    no domain

if I can, I would like to add vpn for easy login!

p.s. Is plex panel supports port 80?

In addition to the previous post, I would like to emphasize on some companies or some small business

I will host the up to 10-30 users with unlimited space, bandwidth and so on. I would like to fully control on cpanel or plex. I will give as follows:

Unlimited Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    cpanel hosting
    no domain

if I can, I would like to add vpn for easy login!

p.s. Is plex panel supports port 80?
    ok, hostgator reseller wont let you offer unlimited. Lets say your reseller account is 50gb hdd, if you sell a clients 50gb, your reseller account is maxed out even if the clients account is empty of files. Alot of other resellers are the same, so you might want to consider a vps.

definitely go for monthly, gives you the option of changing hosts, makes upgradeing / adjusting your packages and server needs easier.

a vps might allow you to oversell... but guess what, with no restrictions in place, any of your clients go over their limit and you might have to pay $1per GB in overage bandwidth fees. a reseller account usually has limits that prevent you from overselling bandwidth, and hence you shouldnt be facing excess bandwidth charges.

i really hope you have a unique angle for your business and that your prepared to pay for all excess bandwidth usage that you might incurr.

Finally, I will choose eleven2.com for reseller hosting. So, how can i give my hosting business name? Please Help me for some name of Asians. In addition, how much hosting specification should I first sell the account?

Your business name is something that you must choose and like.

Also before you start selling sit down for some hours/days/weeks and get a business plan . It is very important to have on.
    SnelBit.com - Internet Services!
    Shared Web Hosting | VPS Hosting | Europe VPS | SSD Dedicated Servers
    Innovation - Professionalism - Dedication | Simple reasons to choose us for being your Hosting Provider!

If you have to ask these questions on a forum, you're not ready. Not even close.
    Sounds mean, but it's honesty.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    If you have to ask these questions on a forum, you're not ready. Not even close.
    Sounds mean, but it's honesty.
    You aren't being mean, you're telling the truth.

WHT is an amazing resource where seasoned veterans at top-tier providers share insight with new hosting companies like myself. There is an endless buffet of good advice dished out on a regular basis here (and the occasional bad). A few days (hours!) of lurking will answer just about any question you can dream up.

But asking a forum to set up your business name, hosting plans, upstream provider, and basically every aspect of your business for you? I'm sorry, OP, but you just shouldn't be launching a hosting company. These are very fundamental questions that only you can answer. Establishing your package sizes is a very simple mathematical matter. If you can't do that on your own, then both you and your customers are going to have a very bad experience.
    The world would be a better place if people drank better coffee.