hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : [ComfortHost.net] Questionable Start

Forum Jump

[ComfortHost.net] Questionable Start

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

[ComfortHost.net] Questionable Start

I recently obtained a ComfortHost dedicated server. The pricing on the E3 Line seemed like a very competitive pricing. Having some OVH Servers, it seemed like this was one of the viable options to get more Processing Power.

A) They took longer than 48 Hours to deliver the product. At around 24 Hours, I had inquired and was told via Ticket that all was left to be done was "Install the OS". 50+ Hours after the fact did I only receive my Credentials.

B) After having several issues actually login-into the Control Panel. The product is still and never was shown under this panel. Furthermore, any links (including support ticket) creation links do not even function.

C) Worse. I SSH into the Server for the first time. Need to install Java7. From experience that download generally comes extremely rapidly from Oracle. Considering the fact that I opted for the Gigabit Option for the Server (Capped at 5TB). The download comes at ~1MB/s. I wonder, and tell myself, this is odd....

C-1) I WGET the Looking Glass files from FDC and Softlayer. Same speed. It seems that it just won't go above 1MB/s.... I issue a ethtool, results:

Settings for eth1:
Supported ports: [ TP ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 10Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: Twisted Pair
PHYAD: 1
Transceiver: internal
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: pumbg
Wake-on: g
Current message level: 0x00000001 (1)
Link detected: yes

D) Ok this is pretty wacked, the NIC is negotiated at 10MB. I tell myself, no biggie, it happens sometimes. Could just need to bet manually set in CentOS. I mean unless they literally Plugged-the server into a 10Base Port right.... I issue the command. Bam no connectivity to the server.

E) I tell myself, no big deal. Reboot the Server right, I mean they advertised FREE KVM Over IP, Reboots etc..... Ohh ya, I can't even see the Server under the Control Panel. I was never sent any information regarding where to access these featured.

F) I tell myself - Ok time for Accountability. Refunds don't exist in that Company but they do have a SLA Link. Ohhh ya, well that doesn't exist. It just sends you back to their AUP.

== Complete Fail.

Last edited by mcnnet; 01-25-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Host Extraordinaire!!!

Not to rag on you, but perhaps you should have done a bit more testing/research before signing up?

Old
Windows Xen VPS Expert

What is your server location?(city name)

Super Cheap Annually Shared Hosting
- 1GB HDD - AntiDDoS &

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

What about eth0? Can you do a "ethtool eth0"?

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I was thinking about getting one of those e3's from comforthost but now I'm thinking otherwise...