hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Reseller Hosting : domain registration and web hosting issue

Forum Jump

domain registration and web hosting issue

Reply Post New Thread In Reseller Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 02:47 AM

domain registration and web hosting issue

I register a domain name in a company where i didst ask for web space. i do have a re-seller account and i like to give web space from there. but the domain register is as not able to register the domain yet as he is asking for the error on domains name server. could any one tell me the process of register a domain and hosted in other place.

waiting for your prompt reply

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 03:10 AM
WHT Addict

Domain registration have to key in the name server by default but invalid name server does not affect the registration process. Not sure why there is an error perhaps, you can put a temporary name server from your domain provider and only update it when the domain is registered.

Old 01-24-2012, 01:43 PM

they asked me to do the following :
"make your name server and add all a records to this ip address the domain will register -"
lionese please suggest me. i think the ip address they should provide. please suggest me step by step.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Always Learning...

You can use any pre-existing name servers to book your domain, they can be yours or of your provider.

Do you have your own NS configured on your reseller account?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:27 PM

i think i dont have any NS configured. my reseller account is not a WHM reseller. its cpanel reseller. could u please tell me the step how i can configure my NS

Old 01-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Always Learning...

Say, you have an existing domain "moktadir.com".

Login to its domain control panel and create NS1 & NS2 for it using IPs provided by your reseller account provider.

Once you have created those NS, ask your reseller provider to configure them on their server for your reseller account.

That's it. Now you can use them to book new domains and host them on your reseller account. Your two providers, hosting and domain, should help you on this, if they are unable to provide required help, change them.

WHM/cPanel work together, if you got a true reseller account you get access to WHM where you can create your own plans and separate cPanel accounts for your clients. If you do not have access to WHM, you do not have reseller account.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM

i can access to WHM account. i think this is a real WHM account. but the thing is i am newbie on web hosting. my WHm account is new also. only my company moktadir.com is hosted on that account 250 mb. i asked my service provider to register a domain xyz.com. they asked me to do "make your name server and add all a records to this ip address the domain will register -". on my reseller account there is two name server ns1.moktadir.com and ns2.moktadir.com. i just create them but not yet configured them i think while talking with you.
suppose, my reseller company name is moksreseller.com. it might be i must enter the WHM account and create NS for my private Nameserver ns1.moksreseller.com. if so how can i do that . or what else?
please dont feel bored. i confess i am a newbie

Old 01-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Always Learning...

See, moktadir.com could be your personal domain while moksreseller.com is the main domain that is configured for your reseller account, hence you will create ns1.moksreseller.com & ns2.moksreseller.com at your domain registrar and once they are created there, your host will configure them on the server.

Once above is done, you can then use ns1.moksreseller.com & ns2.moksreseller.com to book and host new domains. You do not have to create NS1 & NS2 for each new domain, you will simply reuse ns1.moksreseller.com & ns2.moksreseller.com.

Since we do not know your actual domain names we are limited to help you on this, best help can be provided by your host and your domain registrar. First ask your host to guide and help you and then your domain registrar. If they are not providing support for such a basic thing, think about it.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

I hope after Vinayak's HOW to guide you have fixed the issue that you were facing

█ Digital Certificates: Digital Certificates with Dedicated IP at no additional cost

Old 01-27-2012, 02:30 PM

yah. thanks Vinayak. now facing new probs.
i can create ns1 and ns2. but the domain i hosted on that ip n NS not got any mx records. moktadir.com is not resolving. pressing www.moktadir.com returns nothing. please explain.
plz dont got bored as i know this is too basic to ask.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Always Learning...

Is moktadir.com your real domain?

It is not even booked yet.

Old 01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moktadir View Post
yah. thanks Vinayak. now facing new probs.
i can create ns1 and ns2.
Did you register these two nameservers with your domain registrar? And did you contact your host so that they could configure your accounts to use these nameservers?

Your best source of help for this issue is your webhost.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:27 PM

Vinayak >nope.
domain is textrimint.com

BrettB> i didnt asked them to configure my domain. but i register this two nameserver to my register with my own.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Always Learning...

Well have a look at http://www.intodns.com/textrimint.com

It seems you are using your provider's name servers.

You can see that your domain textrimint.com's nameservers are plcluster1.nibsdns.com & plcluster2.nibsdns.com and they are not responding.

We can only guide you here, but since you do not have any knowledge about domains, DNS and hosting hence you are unable to follow what is being told to you.

Its best if you contact your web hosting provider, they will fix your issues in minutes.

If your main domain is textrimint.com, you must have ns1.textrimint.com and ns2.textrimint.com created at your registrar and configured on your web server, these are two places. Once this is done, textrimint.com should then use it's own NS.

If you do not know how to do this, better ask your hosting provider to do this for you.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM

i have configured my ns1 to my company name which is ns1.page-71.com . textrimint is another domain which i asked my reegister to register only this domain and i will provide the space for it. then they asked me to configure my ns, a, mx and which ip the domain should register. thats the scenario here .
the way you are suggested me to solve the problem by my service provider means it is normal in other SP. but i asked them several times to do that even i gave them my WHM s permission to do. they didnt.