Providers with Setup Discounts and/or Annual Discounts?

Hello,

I'm in the market for a managed dedicated server. I rarely switch providers so I'm looking to take advantage of any discounts offered by steeper setup fees and/or pre-pay discounts. However, I understand that computers, and computer prices, change fairly quickly.

How does this work with dedicated servers? For example, if I rent a server for $250 a month today. I'm sure that a year form now I could rent the same server for less money. Do hosting providers generally reduce their clients monthly bill (assuming they reduce the prices for new customers, or etc.) as a result, or do the clients have to switch plans?

It would seem silly to bounce around from host to host. So do customers just eventually bounce from one dedicated server plan to the next? How does this generally work?

Also, is it then usually logical to pay or not to pay optional setup fees and/or annual discounts?

Sorry for the newbie like questions, but I'm trying to decide if I should pay more up front or pay more month to month.

Thank you in advance.
    I buy vBulletin licenses and vBSEO licenses!

Most don't reduce the bill over time.

Loads of providers will offer a discount when paying a 'setup' fee. Not as many give discounts for annual payments though.

Quote Originally Posted by nickakam View Post
    Most don't reduce the bill over time.

Loads of providers will offer a discount when paying a 'setup' fee. Not as many give discounts for annual payments though.
    I agree with nickakam, and also you should just try and find a dedicated server host that charges less that your budget.

limestonenetworks.com is what I have used for over a year.

Contact sales or manager. I think you will get special offer in any company.
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

Arrow

Hello PCplayground,

Your question can be answered or they are answered in the last replies, but I wanted to shoot my opinion too.

The most provider won't change the prices during years, as you will sign a contract with the company and till you are on this contract there won't be any changes. You would have some discounts if you want to upgrade your server in the future but it is also not anytime.

The best way to have an idea on this, is contacting with the sales manager of the company you are going to have the server from and you will have discount on a yearly payment or setup fee paying.

-Saman
    Innovative Monitoring Solutions - Xitoring
    Linux Server Monitoring | Windows Server Monitoring
    Uptime Monitoring | Status Page | SSL Monitoring | API Monitoring

Hello PCplayground,

The answers above are correct. Most hosts will not change prices even if it goes up or down. So prices will still remain the same as a lot of hosts have their ROI and it usually is around 9-12 months.

Anyways, for you to change servers and hosts all the time just to take advantage of the newer servers is a totally valid idea however the problem comes when you have to re-setup everything again, you have to transfer all the files from 1 host to the other and etc. The hassle that you go through is not really worth the money saved. Plus most of the times, servers will generally last around 3-4 years for the typical user.

So changing companies is not a problem, the only problem you'll face is the transfer of data, re-setting up the server and etc. That's all a big headache and if it could be avoided, it would be best avoided.

That's my personal view. Others might have different views though.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com