hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Hosting Security and Technology : Error establishing a database connection - help plz

Forum Jump

Error establishing a database connection - help plz

Reply Post New Thread In Hosting Security and Technology Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 02:29 PM
WHT Addict

Unhappy

Error establishing a database connection - help plz

Hi

For a few days, i'm receiving "Error in Database Connection" over almost all of my websites. I open up a link of website and there appears either an error stating "Error establishing a database connection" or a "404 page not found error".
When i refresh the page, it opens up as nothing has happened.
First i thought this could be a problem with Wordpress websites but this database connection error is appearing over websites other than Wordpress as well.

any ideas why its happening ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM
WHT Addict

sorry i forgot to add; All these websites that are generating this error are hosted over same server.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

You should check your log files (/var/log) for errors.

High Quality Linux virtual servers with lots of Guaranteed RAM and HDD space, Impeccable Service.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2012, 04:52 PM
WHT Addict

Usually this is caused by 'too many connections' to the database server. You can try to log in via the command prompt and then issuing the command: show processlist;

This will show the current connections to the server. If it can't connect, it should give you an error.

To fix, either reduce the amount of connections to the SQL server (using caching or something similar) or increase the number of connections MySQL is allowed to have (using max_connections in my.cnf)

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Old 01-16-2012, 05:20 PM
WHT Addict

Thanks for your suggestions, i've taken up this issue with my host and they are looking into it.
I've just noticed something, another of my website that is hosted over some other server just had the same issue. Now, one thing that is common in all these websites is WordPress.
Does anyone else is having the same issues with WordPress websites ?

Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 PM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by razordave View Post
Usually this is caused by 'too many connections' to the database server. You can try to log in via the command prompt and then issuing the command: show processlist;

This will show the current connections to the server. If it can't connect, it should give you an error.

To fix, either reduce the amount of connections to the SQL server (using caching or something similar) or increase the number of connections MySQL is allowed to have (using max_connections in my.cnf)

Hope that points you in the right direction.
Thanks to you i realized that i had totally forgotten to use a caching plugin for a few of these websites.

The issue is still there and my host is still unable to find a reason of this. I have already told my host what RoseHosting & razordave have suggested and i hope this'll help us (me & my host) to get to the solution.