Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Investorz glad to see you're liking and benefitting form Centmin Mod

New centmin mod v1.2.2-eva2000.14 release today quite a few updates including proper testing and support for CentOS 5.8 and newly released Nginx v1.1.18 and MariaDB 5.2.11 MySQL server

v1.2.2-eva2000.14 - 3/04/2012

• Updated memcached init.d stop/start files with $SERVERIP variable
    • Updated Nginx from v1.1.17 to v1.1.18 http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES
    • Updated libevent from v2.0.17 stable to v2.0.18 stable
    • Updated MariaDB 5.2.10-107 MySQL to MariaDB 5.2.11-115 MySQL http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-5211-release-notes
    • Updated php-fpm upgrade routine to prompt for php-fpm.conf overwrite with latest version and backup existing php-fpm.conf
    • Updated php-fpm.conf templates with additional settings and changing from dynamic to ondemand PHP process manager with pm.process_idle_timeout defaulting to 10 seconds
    • Updated YUM install/checks for CentOS 5.8 detection
    • Updated MariaDB 5.2.x upgrade routine

Code:
    rpm -qa | grep MariaDB
    MariaDB-server-5.2.11-115.el5
    MariaDB-shared-5.2.11-115.el5
    MariaDB-test-5.2.11-115.el5
    MariaDB-client-5.2.11-115.el5
    MariaDB-devel-5.2.11-115.el5
    Code:
    mysqladmin ver
    mysqladmin  Ver 9.0 Distrib 5.2.11-MariaDB, for unknown-linux-gnu on x86_64
    Copyright 2000-2008 MySQL AB, 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc,
    2009 Monty Program Ab
    This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
    and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Server version          5.2.11-MariaDB-mariadb115
    Protocol version        10
    Connection              Localhost via UNIX socket
    UNIX socket             /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    Uptime:                 1 min 52 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 1  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 15  Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 8  Queries per second avg: 0.8

Full change log at:
    http://centminmod.com/changelog.html

Download at:
    http://vbtechsupport.com/920/ (for now until transition to centminmod.com domain).

Also Centminmod.com now has further presence and link to Centminmod.com's own Google+ Page where you can follow updates of Centminmod.com news and releases. Already 214+ folks have added Centminmod to their own circles
    Last edited by eva2000; 04-02-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    : CentminMod.com Nginx Installer Nginx 1.25, PHP-FPM, MariaDB 10 CentOS (AlmaLinux/Rocky testing)
    : Centmin Mod Latest Beta Nginx HTTP/2 HTTPS & HTTP/3 QUIC HTTPS supports TLS 1.3 via OpenSSL 1.1.1/3.0/3.1 or BoringSSL or QuicTLS OpenSSL
    : Nginx & PHP-FPM Benchmarks: Centmin Mod vs EasyEngine vs Webinoly vs VestaCP vs OneInStack

Well, I can confirm that v1.2.2-eva2000.14 is NOT compatible with Centos 6. I suggest you should have a prominent warning next to the download page so people are warned before installation. The present warning is a bit obscure I thought.

Well I tried to install v1.2.2-eva2000.14 on Centos 5 and ran into trouble there as well. Haven't noted the errors down.

Quote Originally Posted by investorz View Post
    Well I tried to install v1.2.2-eva2000.14 on Centos 5 and ran into trouble there as well. Haven't noted the errors down.
    strange i tested all CentOS 5.7, 5.8, 6.0, 6.1 and 6.2 all 64bit though.

what errors?

be sure

If you are upgrading a server which already previously had Centmin Mod installed, you DO NOT need to run option #1, instead run option #4 and then #5 for upgrading Nginx web server and upgrading PHP.
    and

For Xen 32bit OS users on 64bit host nodes, please read FAQ note regarding ARCH_OVERRIDE value you need to enable for Centmin Mod or Original Centmin script to work.
    Last edited by eva2000; 04-02-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    : CentminMod.com Nginx Installer Nginx 1.25, PHP-FPM, MariaDB 10 CentOS (AlmaLinux/Rocky testing)
    : Centmin Mod Latest Beta Nginx HTTP/2 HTTPS & HTTP/3 QUIC HTTPS supports TLS 1.3 via OpenSSL 1.1.1/3.0/3.1 or BoringSSL or QuicTLS OpenSSL
    : Nginx & PHP-FPM Benchmarks: Centmin Mod vs EasyEngine vs Webinoly vs VestaCP vs OneInStack

Well this is a clean machine I just took. I'll try Centos 5 64 bit and report.

it seems to be a template problem. Its got stuck at the 'updating popt' part.

Later it got stuck here

Would you like to compile nginx with IPv6 support? [y/n] y
    checking for OS
    + Linux 2.6.18-274.18.1.el5.028stab098.1 x86_64
    checking for C compiler ... not found

./configure: error: C compiler gcc is not found

make: *** No rule to make target `build', needed by `default'. Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.
    iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
    I'll try it on another machine tomorrow & report.

looks like missing gcc which should get installed as a prerequisite at the start so problem could be with your VPS and it's YUM repos.

what does output for this command reveal

Code:
    yum list gcc gcc-c++ automake distcache

MariaDB 5.2.11 build 115 is out

Quote Originally Posted by kafloofen View Post
    MariaDB 5.2.11 build 115 is out

indeed http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...72#post8043972

I loaded v1.2.2-eva2000.14 on another Centos 6 64 bit machine and it worked flawlessly. Would love to install it on my production site but I am running 32 bit there. If I try an upgrade there and something goes wrong, can it be uninstalled without hurting the site?

I'm running this for my wordpress site. But when I want to delete a plugin, it asking me the FTP account/details.

Did someone ever face this?

I try to run chown -R www-data:www-data /webdir, but it said there is no www-data user

I loaded v1.2.2-eva2000.14 on another Centos 6 64 bit machine and it worked flawlessly. Would love to install it on my production site but I am running 32 bit there. If I try an upgrade there and something goes wrong, can it be uninstalled without hurting the site?
    upgrade from what an existing centmin mod installation ? i.e. 0.13 to 0.14 ? There shouldn't be any problems if upgrade is from existing centmin mod install. Worse case is just re-run the nginx and php upgrade routines for and specify the previous nginx and php versions. i.e. if upgrading from 0.13 to 0.14 nginx versions from v1.1.17 to v1.1.18. If that fails, just re-run upgrade menu option but specify v1.1.17 instead.

Currently no uninstall routines, but working on one for disabling centmin mod installed options.

Quote Originally Posted by Erawan Arif Nugroho View Post
    I'm running this for my wordpress site. But when I want to delete a plugin, it asking me the FTP account/details.

Did someone ever face this?

I try to run chown -R www-data:www-data /webdir, but it said there is no www-data user
    unless you changed nginx's default user/group, then the default user/group for centmin mod is nginx:nginx not www-data:www-data.

Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post

unless you changed nginx's default user/group, then the default user/group for centmin mod is nginx:nginx not www-data:www-data.
    Thank you
    www.erawanarifnugroho.com - my personal homepage

Dear eva2000,

Is sendmail included in the installation. I don't see it listed. (it is in centmin). If not, is there an easy tutorial to receive and send mail using the server?

I'll try the upgrade on a slow day after taking a backup. (I have 32 bit ... hope that won't be a problem).

At the moment, centminmod is working very well keeping my RAM and CPU cool as a cucumber even when I get spikes of traffic.

I'm having trouble to install centmin-v1.2.2-eva2000.14 on my fresh install VPS CentOS 5.7 (32-bit). It has SSD and 1gb ram.

After the installation, all standard command like yum, vi etc doesn't work even as root. The commands work before the installation.

Any advice?

Dear eva2000,

Is sendmail included in the installation. I don't see it listed. (it is in centmin). If not, is there an easy tutorial to receive and send mail using the server?

I'll try the upgrade on a slow day after taking a backup. (I have 32 bit ... hope that won't be a problem).

At the moment, centminmod is working very well keeping my RAM and CPU cool as a cucumber even when I get spikes of traffic.
    yes sendmail is indeed by default, but no tutorials, you will have to search for sendmail + centos tutorials via google or better yet just use google app free email @yourdomain.com which is what i do for my domains

Quote Originally Posted by ujai View Post
    I'm having trouble to install centmin-v1.2.2-eva2000.14 on my fresh install VPS CentOS 5.7 (32-bit). It has SSD and 1gb ram.

After the installation, all standard command like yum, vi etc doesn't work even as root. The commands work before the installation.

Any advice?
    What type of VPS, Xen, OpenVZ, VMWare ?

Never seen that happen before, i know after install you can't update php and mysql via YUM as i set it so in /etc/yum.conf exclude listing. What does your /etc/yum.conf contents look like now ?

should look like something like this if on 64bit centOS

Code:
    [main]
    cachedir=/var/cache/yum
    keepcache=0
    debuglevel=2
    logfile=/var/log/yum.log
    distroverpkg=redhat-release
    tolerant=1
    exactarch=1
    obsoletes=1
    gpgcheck=1
    plugins=1
    exclude=*.i386 *.i586 *.i686 mysql* php*

# Note: yum-RHN-plugin doesn't honor this.
    metadata_expire=1h

installonly_limit = 5

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
    # in /etc/yum.repos.d
    Heads up guys, added new FAQ item for how to upgrade at http://centminmod.com/faq.html#howtoupgrade

MariaDB 5.2.12 build 115 is out.

It's an important security fix.

I had to edit /inc/mariadb_upgrade.inc

and change

all instances of

Code:
    http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/MariaDB

to

http://ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/pub/dbms/mariadb

Tell me please, how can i setup WinSCP user for upload and download to nginx home directory?

Quote Originally Posted by ujai View Post

Any advice?
    Same here although on CentOS 5.5 and instead I just wanted to update PHP, then it just broke my VPS, disabling SSH and all standard commands, and unfortunately lost some files, o well.
    Last edited by Misfire; 04-10-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misfire View Post
    Same here although on CentOS 5.5 and instead I just wanted to update PHP, then it just broke my VPS, disabling SSH and all standard commands, and unfortunately lost some files, o well.
    I suspect it is a problem with the VPS and not the script. I tried installing it repeatedly on UBServers and Alien Layer (on their cheapest annual plan) on multiple occasions and it failed.

The same thing on another UBServers' VPS (bit of an upgrade plan) worked.

It also worked flawlessly on Burstnet and BHost.

So, it appears that the cheapest of the cheap VPS' block some port or the other and that throttles the script. Of course, this is only my guess and not based on any evidence.

Also, there seem to be issues with the 32 bit Centos 6. Try the 64 bit Centos 6 and it works well.

There is also a problem with the NSD installation. You have to invariably "reinstall" it later.

But all said and done, it is a superb installer and keeps your VPS cool as a cucumber even in times of great stress (I just had 350+ concurrent visitors and the VPS did not even blink). So, it is worth a bit of trouble-shooting to get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by kafloofen View Post
    MariaDB 5.2.12 build 115 is out.

It's an important security fix.

I had to edit /inc/mariadb_upgrade.inc

and change

all instances of

Code:
    http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/MariaDB

to

http://ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp/pub/dbms/mariadb
    the original mirror does work, just you updated too soon before all mirrors had a copy of MariaDB 5.2.12 hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasar View Post
    Tell me please, how can i setup WinSCP user for upload and download to nginx home directory?
    google search for useradd & usermod commands for centos for adding users. But centmin mod isn't setup for shared hosting where every user has their own username/password for their own accounts. Maybe in future but not now.

Other folks can share their tips for this if they want though

Quote Originally Posted by Misfire View Post
    weird shouldn't break a VPS at all. What VPS type ? OpenVZ, KVM, Xen, VMWARE, Virtuozzo ? 32bit or 64bit ?

Misfire, what previous version of centmin mod was installed prior to trying to use 1.2.2-eva2000.14 to update PHP ? Make sure to read how to upgrade FAQ at http://centminmod.com/faq.html#howtoupgrade

I suspect it is a problem with the VPS and not the script. I tried installing it repeatedly on UBServers and Alien Layer (on their cheapest annual plan) on multiple occasions and it failed.

The same thing on another UBServers' VPS (bit of an upgrade plan) worked.

It also worked flawlessly on Burstnet and BHost.

So, it appears that the cheapest of the cheap VPS' block some port or the other and that throttles the script. Of course, this is only my guess and not based on any evidence.

Also, there seem to be issues with the 32 bit Centos 6. Try the 64 bit Centos 6 and it works well.

There is also a problem with the NSD installation. You have to invariably "reinstall" it later.

But all said and done, it is a superb installer and keeps your VPS cool as a cucumber even in times of great stress (I just had 350+ concurrent visitors and the VPS did not even blink). So, it is worth a bit of trouble-shooting to get it right.
    Yeah unfortunately, I can't test every VPS type out there and every VPS provider may have differences in their setups.

I have had no problems with CentOS 6.x 32bit for buyvm.net OpenVZ and KVM based VPSes and on chicagovps.net OpenVZ CentOS 6.x 32bit and CentOS 5.7/5.8/6.0/6.1/6.2 64bit on VirtualBox local test servers.

NSD issue is that happening all the time, or that once time you experienced it ?

Heads up, also updated Nginx configure page for some example configs for cloudflare, vbulletin 4 rewrites, xenforo rewrites and wordpress http://centminmod.com/nginxconfigure/

Misfire, what previous version of centmin mod was installed prior to trying to use 1.2.2-eva2000.14 to update PHP ? Make sure to read how to upgrade FAQ at

I believe it was 1.2.2-eva2000.04, a version from October. I just wanted to update things. I mean I never had any problems before, used to work flawlessly every time I used this, but now I'm having issues installing centmin on centos 5.5. I used a centos 6 image and everything seems to be working again.

But yeah, its pretty weird.

Quite a few changes since 1.2.2-eva2000.04 http://centminmod.com/changelog.html but never see it break ssh itself and lose files.

Next version v1.2.2-eva2000.15 will have automatic logging for each menu option so can get to the bottom of some of the more problematic upgrade/installs.

i.e.

Code:
    ls -lhrt /root/centminlogs/
    total 5.6M
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.3M Apr 11 01:12 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-003308_install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  24K Apr 11 01:15 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_suhosin_install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  17K Apr 11 01:17 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_ffmpeg_install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1016 Apr 11 01:19 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_nginx_addvhost.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.3K Apr 11 01:19 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_nsd_setup.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  30K Apr 11 01:20 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_apc_reinstall.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.2M Apr 11 01:31 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_nginx_upgrade.log

Quite a few changes since 1.2.2-eva2000.04 but never see it break ssh itself and lose files.

Next version v1.2.2-eva2000.15 will have automatic logging for each menu option so can get to the bottom of some of the more problematic upgrade/installs.

i.e.

Code:
    ls -lhrt /root/centminlogs/
    total 5.6M
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.3M Apr 11 01:12 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-003308_install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  24K Apr 11 01:15 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_suhosin_install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  17K Apr 11 01:17 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_ffmpeg_install.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1016 Apr 11 01:19 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_nginx_addvhost.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4.3K Apr 11 01:19 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_nsd_setup.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  30K Apr 11 01:20 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_apc_reinstall.log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.2M Apr 11 01:31 centminmod_1.2.2-eva2000.15_110412-011453_nginx_upgrade.log
    To clarify, the script didn't delete any files or anything like that.

What exactly happen was this, normally the script takes at least 20 minutes to complete a fully install. However, this time when I reached the point where it installs the development tools, something would happen (maybe errors) and it would skip all the way to the end like it completed the installation in a matter of like 5 minutes or so.

If I scroll up, i can see that it said it was installing php, mariadb and what not but in actuality it didn't and just skipped it.

After I exit the menu, all the normal shell commands would not register, things like ls, vi, cd and stuff don't get recognized and I was just stuck.

If I close the ssh session, I wasn't able to connect back to it (connection refused every time, even the solusVM console counted connect, and restarting of the VPS caused it not being able to boot back up anymore.

I didn't expect SSH to stop working anymore or not being able to boot the vps back up so I lost all my files I had on there.

Exactly the same situation that ujai described with centos 5.7 on the previous page of this thread.

Weird.. either way it always pays to have back ups for your files and data on your VPS regardless - preferably remotely hosted.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast