Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I just googled the email add and came up with this http://www.classifiedadsdb.com/11143...o-hosting.html

I find it very suspicious though if they claim it's an affiliate because there is absolutely no link. Not even a link back to Cirtex Hosting. There is the contact information and promotional text but just no link. hmmm. Maybe they can shed some light on this.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

I have to say, it's a bit concerning that they haven't yet provided an update after all this time.

Akismet will have already taken care of this. No need to worry.
    An ITX Design Hosting Company
    FFmpeg Hosting
    http://itxdesign.com
    tel. (866)-577-1442

I do not know if they are ignoring the thread because according to their profile HERE they have been active Yesterday 02:55 PM . Hmmm. Very disturbing indeed

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    I have to say, it's a bit concerning that they haven't yet provided an update after all this time.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Quote Originally Posted by MostHost View Post
    Akismet will have already taken care of this. No need to worry.
    Actually Akismet is indeed enabled with Disqus and it did not catch the SPAM!
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    High Availability Pure SSD DDR4 RAM CDN Bundled Triple Layer Backups

NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

After such a long time, there are still no proper response from Cirtex / HostV in this thread.

Does this mean that they are condoning the actions of the blog spammers or are these spammers hired by CirtexHosting to boost their search engine ranking?

This thread to me, personally, seems very over the top, I'm still trying to work out why the OP is so irate about it, the only thing I can think of is attention seeking, seeing as I followed this from a "look@me" post in the premium area.

Spam happens, I have yet to see any other mention of cirtex from anywhere else I have visited / read, and if it was someone being paid to do this, then I'm sure there would be better places than your blog.

Anyway that was my 2 cents and another 10 minutes of my life I won't ever get back.

Quote Originally Posted by mVPS-Simon View Post
    This thread to me, personally, seems very over the top, I'm still trying to work out why the OP is so irate about it, the only thing I can think of is attention seeking, seeing as I followed this from a "look@me" post in the premium area.

Spam happens, I have yet to see any other mention of cirtex from anywhere else I have visited / read, and if it was someone being paid to do this, then I'm sure there would be better places than your blog.

Anyway that was my 2 cents and another 10 minutes of my life I won't ever get back.
    Did you look at the amount of spam they (or the person they hired) created around the web? This is to boost their SERP ranking which is plain wrong for such a reputable company.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Did you look at the amount of spam they (or the person they hired) created around the web? This is to boost their SERP ranking which is plain wrong for such a reputable company.
    I highly doubt its actually Cirtex / HostV, its probably the SEO company they are using.
    Jacob Khanis - Chief Marketing Officer
    ServerMeadows.com - The Next Generation of Managed IT Services
    Follow us on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/ServerMeadows
    Helping WHT Say April Fools Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JacobK View Post
    I highly doubt its actually Cirtex / HostV, its probably the SEO company they are using.
    And that makes it right? The blame still falls on Cirtex for not doing their due diligence when hiring an SEO company.

Or the SEO company for not checking out their employees..?
    miniVPS - UK Based Value and Premium VPS Servers!
    Xavvo.com Innovative Hosting for Innovative People!

I have emailed management and the owner about this, I do believe it is an SEO company or affiliate. Our affiliates can enable Direct Links so any referral from a certain domain will be credited to them without the actual affiliate link.
    Currently hosting with Big Brain Global Networks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    And that makes it right? The blame still falls on Cirtex for not doing their due diligence when hiring an SEO company.
    Its the SEO company not Cirtex. Not saying its right but you can't 100% blame Cirtex on it.
    Jacob Khanis - Chief Marketing Officer
    ServerMeadows.com - The Next Generation of Managed IT Services
    Follow us on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/ServerMeadows
    Helping WHT Say April Fools Since 2010

Accepting it is the "seo" is no different than accepting the old "the designer must have copied it"

Running forums myself, I am VERY familiar with Cirtex companies.

15. @ JLHC
    Give it a rest, SPAM happens. Cirtex Hosting has politely updated you and have taken the higher road while you continue to bump this thread with baseless attacks against them. If comments on your blog are this upsetting then maybe you should consider an approval system before they are published.

Quote Originally Posted by mVPS-Simon View Post

I agree with you 100% Poor tact on the part of the original poster and in my opinion have only hurt the reputation of every hosting company they are associated with.
    Last edited by CreativeWire; 02-22-2012 at 04:53 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast