Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Cirtex Hosting Blog Comments SPAM

I recently received the following SPAM in our blog by a representative of Cirtex Hosting / HostV or someone hired by them:-
    http://cl.ly/390E1C2W0Y0c2q0l3Y00

The SPAM is being posted by the user andrepitt77.

Some other forum profiles of this user which link him to Cirtex Hosting / HostV:-
    http://www.webhostingthreads.com/mem...drepitt77.html
    http://www.freeforums.com/member.php?74421-andrepitt77
    http://www.webmasterforums.com/53187-andrepitt77.html

You can Google "andrepitt77" for more of such forum profiles which most of them are linked to Cirtex and all of them are very spammy.

If anybody have anything to add, please do so.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citrex-Spam.PNG  
    Aspiration Hosting | The Managed Cloud Server with Auto Failover
    • High Availability • Pure SSD • CDN & Backups Included • Magento Optimized •

NoFrillsReseller.com | Budget Reseller Hosting + 24x7 Live Chat Support

This is quite bizarre. We will investigate and see if this is related to any one of our affiliates on our affiliate program.

Thanks for pointing it out, in the future you can always contact us directly or PM me here on WHT.

Cheers
    █• CirtexHosting • Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    █• LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    █• HostV VPS • Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    █• We transfer your sites over quickly! • I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirtex View Post
    This is quite bizarre. We will investigate and see if this is related to any one of our affiliates on our affiliate program.

Thanks for pointing it out, in the future you can always contact us directly or PM me here on WHT.

Cheers
    This does not seem like an action of an affiliate at all since there are no affiliate links whatsoever anywhere.

It seem more like a desperate attempt to enhance search engine rankings for specific keywords, which is either done by your staffs or someone hired by you.

I don΄t think it would be Cirtex, probably an affiliate of someone that wants to make them look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nibb View Post
    I don΄t think it would be Cirtex, probably an affiliate of someone that wants to make them look bad.
    I don't think somebody would go around posting spam to try and make a company look bad (but hey, I could be wrong).

There are better/easier ways to point out the faults/problems with a company than promoting them relentlessly.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    For high-end shared accounts ideal for business, check out our Premium offerings!
    http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Providing Quality Services since 2007

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    There are better/easier ways to point out the faults/problems with a company than promoting them relentlessly.
    Besides improving their search engine ranking at the same time.

As for affiliates, as I have stated there are no affiliate codes in these links.

If it would an affiliate, it have putted its affiliate link as anchor... not the main site link.

I've seen a lot of companies doing this. Not only via blog comments but also on forums. E.g the generic posts:

"I'm looking to start a website and have heard of x company and seen many good reviews."

While sometimes it's genuine users when you look closely between forums, usernames, companies a lot of patterns start to appear.

As mentioned by others I also agree that it's paid advertising/link building not anything to do with affiliates.

It's an unethical way of promotion but I suppose when companies reach a certain size there's pressure by shareholders to increase sales/profit.

Jack
    Zomex & Template Genie ~ Templates & services for web hosting resellers since 2009!
    █ #1 Responsive Web hosting templates | WHMCS | Wordpress | HTML5 | Settings area
    █ Hire us for responsive whmcs integration - enhance your webiste using the new "Six" template!

Quote Originally Posted by zomex View Post
    I've seen a lot of companies doing this. Not only via blog comments but also on forums. E.g the generic posts:

"I'm looking to start a website and have heard of x company and seen many good reviews."

While sometimes it's genuine users when you look closely between forums, usernames, companies a lot of patterns start to appear.

As mentioned by others I also agree that it's paid advertising/link building not anything to do with affiliates.

It's an unethical way of promotion but I suppose when companies reach a certain size there's pressure by shareholders to increase sales/profit.

Jack
    Yes I have seen this as well, even in WHT. Very unethical indeed.

It would be much better to spend the money on quality SEO/agencies than damaging your brand by letting people post spam comments.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniB View Post
    It would be much better to spend the money on quality SEO/agencies than damaging your brand by letting people post spam comments.
    Agreed. I am extremely annoyed by the SPAM comments and we still do not have an update from Cirtex / HostV in this thread yet.

Update: Heard nothing back from Cirtex Hosting / HostV yet while the SPAM contents are still there.

They are probably investigating it right now based on the last convo I am seeing here.
    If you're the smartest person in the room then you're in the wrong room

Quote Originally Posted by cpoalmighty View Post
    They are probably investigating it right now based on the last convo I am seeing here.
    That was more than a week ago and they seem to be pushing the blame to affiliates, which is clearly not the case here.

It looks like Cirtex Hosting / HostV did not learn their lesson yet.

More SPAM:-
    http://cl.ly/1W303O2J0u3x1n0d2Z09

This time it is posted by "jhonshrm@gmail.com".

If you Google this email address you will see more SPAMs posted by the user and most of the spams are related to CirtexHosting / HostV.

I just googled the email add and came up with this http://www.classifiedadsdb.com/11143...o-hosting.html

I find it very suspicious though if they claim it's an affiliate because there is absolutely no link. Not even a link back to Cirtex Hosting. There is the contact information and promotional text but just no link. hmmm. Maybe they can shed some light on this.

I have to say, it's a bit concerning that they haven't yet provided an update after all this time.

Akismet will have already taken care of this. No need to worry.
    An ITX Design Hosting Company
    FFmpeg Hosting
    http://itxdesign.com
    tel. (866)-577-1442

I do not know if they are ignoring the thread because according to their profile HERE they have been active Yesterday 02:55 PM . Hmmm. Very disturbing indeed

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    I have to say, it's a bit concerning that they haven't yet provided an update after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MostHost View Post
    Akismet will have already taken care of this. No need to worry.
    Actually Akismet is indeed enabled with Disqus and it did not catch the SPAM!

After such a long time, there are still no proper response from Cirtex / HostV in this thread.

Does this mean that they are condoning the actions of the blog spammers or are these spammers hired by CirtexHosting to boost their search engine ranking?

This thread to me, personally, seems very over the top, I'm still trying to work out why the OP is so irate about it, the only thing I can think of is attention seeking, seeing as I followed this from a "look@me" post in the premium area.

Spam happens, I have yet to see any other mention of cirtex from anywhere else I have visited / read, and if it was someone being paid to do this, then I'm sure there would be better places than your blog.

Anyway that was my 2 cents and another 10 minutes of my life I won't ever get back.

Quote Originally Posted by mVPS-Simon View Post
    This thread to me, personally, seems very over the top, I'm still trying to work out why the OP is so irate about it, the only thing I can think of is attention seeking, seeing as I followed this from a "look@me" post in the premium area.

Spam happens, I have yet to see any other mention of cirtex from anywhere else I have visited / read, and if it was someone being paid to do this, then I'm sure there would be better places than your blog.

Anyway that was my 2 cents and another 10 minutes of my life I won't ever get back.
    Did you look at the amount of spam they (or the person they hired) created around the web? This is to boost their SERP ranking which is plain wrong for such a reputable company.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Did you look at the amount of spam they (or the person they hired) created around the web? This is to boost their SERP ranking which is plain wrong for such a reputable company.
    I highly doubt its actually Cirtex / HostV, its probably the SEO company they are using.
    Jacob Khanis - Chief Marketing Officer
    ServerMeadows.com - The Next Generation of Managed IT Services
    Follow us on Twitter at http://Twitter.com/ServerMeadows
    Helping WHT Say April Fools Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by JacobK View Post
    I highly doubt its actually Cirtex / HostV, its probably the SEO company they are using.
    And that makes it right? The blame still falls on Cirtex for not doing their due diligence when hiring an SEO company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast