IPv6 and Virtualizor.

I was just wondering if any provider had managed to get IPv6 up and running with the Virtualizor control panel.

Basically we have been testing the panel and we found that when we enabled IPv6 networking before installing the panel, eth0 wouldnt come back up after Virtualizor had setup the network bridge (Which is an automated process, unlike SolusVM).

So we wiped the server and tried it the other way round, installing Virtualizor first and then enabling IPv6 after. The same thing happens again, Virtualizor and network bridge were running fine on IPv4 only but as soon as we try to add IPv6 networking to eth0 the interface wont come back up.

The guys at Equinix gave it a go after we had over 5 attempts with the same results, so they swapped the server worrying there may be some issues with the networking hardware and still nothing.

I have submitted a ticket to Virtualizor but have still had no reply from them, so i just wondered if anyone had this setup running and if they faced any issues such as these.

Any info is greatly appreciated, although im pretty sure this is a Virtualizor bug.

All the best,

Ash
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Quote Originally Posted by VMPort View Post
    Basically we have been testing the panel and we found that when we enabled IPv6 networking before installing the panel, eth0 wouldnt come back up after Virtualizor had setup the network bridge (Which is an automated process, unlike SolusVM).
    Ash,

When you say it doesn't come up, do you mean that you don't see anything when you do an ifconfig, or that it really doesn't work at all? I know that seems like a silly question but I've seen some automatic deployment programs set up the addresses using the ip command lately. As a result in some of these cases, the addresses don't show up when you run ifconfig.

So if you run:
    Code:
    ~# ifconfig
    You might get nothing, but if you run:
    Code:
    ~# ip -6 addr
    You might find what you're looking for.

Maybe if you've already covered this base you can shed some light on that question too .

Good luck,
    Dave

just an idea..... what if you use eth0.0 for IP4 and put that in the bridge then assign IP6 to eth0.1 then move that in to the bridge?
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

@Dave

I mean the interface does not come back up at all, so i loose all access to the server.

@backtogeek
    I dont know if that would work since from what i gather Virtualizor automatically syncs whatever is in ifonfig. So i cant see why the correct setup which works before the install (V4 and V6) wont work after install if its simply copying a working config. Feel free to join me in playing with it though

Virtualizor have still not got back to me.

I was just thinking it may (should) see them as 2 separate devices rather than smashing IP4 in to IP6 and coming out with a dead bridge.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

@backtogeek

Sent you a PM