Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Can you suggest the best reseller hosting?

I am currently need a reseller hosting. But when I search in google, there are too much from choosing one. What reseller hosting you are using and which would you suggesting me to use?

There is not such things as the best. Just the one that fits your needs. do you look for price or quality?

I look for quality, stable is the most important for me.
    thanks!

I recommend ezpzhosting. They have great support and
    uptime when I was last with them.
    ██ AuniqueHost.com - Powerful CloudLinux servers 16 CPUS USA
    ██ cPanel Shared, Reseller, with R1Soft and Softaculous
    ██ 99.9% Uptime Guarantee - 7 Day Money Back Guarantee - 24/7 Support
    ██ AuniqueHost.com - Follow US on Twitter @ www.twitter.com/AuniqueHost

What is your Exact Budget and Requirements?
    The Best Suggestions is to do a Search in WHT Resellers Offers Section!
    ☆☆ AskForHost Web Hosting☆☆
    ►►Buffalo NY USA, Dallas USA, Amsterdam NL EU, London UK EU based Shared and Reseller Web Hosting◄◄
    ►►
    Affordable VPS and Dedicated Server Provider◄◄

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman014 View Post
    What type of content are you looking to host? How many resources, i.e. disk space and bandwidth, do you need? What's your budget?

There are a lot of factors in choosing a webhost, and it's going to be difficult for anyone to recommend the right host for you without a bit more information.

Do you have any hosts in mind? A good way to build up a shortlist of hosts that you can decide between is to look through past threads in this Reseller Hosting section and review some of the reviews that are posted.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

What type of reseller packages are you looking for? What are your specific requirements? That would be interesting to learn.

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

thanks!
    So you are willing to pay an extra premium for this quality and stability right?

I recommend Hostdime or Surpasshosting. Their support is fast and the servers work stable.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Domain Availability Checking and Whois Lookup
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Read the TOS & SLA for quality & stability roadmap

thanks!
    Oddly enough the Terms Of Service (TOS) or Service Level Agreement (SLA) is a dead give-away about what the supplier thinks about their own service.

Remember contracts are for when things go wrong. The TOS gives you a road map to the things the vendor thinks may go wrong with their service.

Be cautious if the vendor will let you pay for a year in advance but will not refund any unused time should their service degrade to levels not acceptable to *you.* What does this clause say about the vendor's long term confidence that they will be able to deliver even on month-to-month accounts once you get your business rolling?

As a procurement engineer I can tell you horror stories about a service provider who deliberately took out an alternate SMTP port 120 days after receiving payment in advance for the next two years -- or a vendor who blew off trouble tickets and even requests to purchase additional services for months until we engaged another service provider for our increased volume. Both are still hiding behind a novel reading of their refunds clause and are trying to walk away with substantial prepayment balances.

Look for a penalty or administrative fee if you contest a charge to your credit card. I've seen outfits selling $25 per month reseller accounts with a TOS that says the customer agrees to pay an "administrative fee" of $200 for each and every charge contested! What does this sort of clause say about the vendor's billing practices? What does it say about the cash reserve the vendor has to keep operating smoothly?

See how the prospective vendor handles down time. Some simply ignore the possibility which may be a bad sign. Others offer to extend the contract by the amount the service was down -- if your market won't be irritated by down time this could work. Others actually offer generous service extensions that probably reflects a confidence in their ability to provide reliable service.

See how "acceptable service" is defined. All vendors have a clause that lets them change the terms and conditions of their TOS. Does the prospective vendor offer you time to go elsewhere should a prospective TOS change be onerous to you?

Be cautious around escape clauses. Things like "we can terminate service without refund if you say anything critical of us." Another one is to terminate service if their support people feel abused or somehow injured by a highly subjective event. Watch out for terms like "...in our sole and binding judgment..." because you are the person paying the bill and should reserve that right for yourself. You don't want to get blackmailed into accepting less than the level of service your business got when it first engaged the vendor.

Look for a vendor in your same jurisdiction. You're much more likely to get good service if you can just go down the street to small claims court or visit the vendor in person. See if the vendor clearly states where they are physically located. What does it tell you if the vendor is just an Internet address?

Finally, don't forget that the old saying that "possession is 9/10ths of the law" applies here. The unscrupulous vendor who has your money in their pocket or has open ended authority to charge what they will to your credit card will always have the advantage. A favorable TOS or SLA alone offers you, the purchaser, little or no protection or guarantee of acceptable service.

Outside of a local small claims court, no one is going to litigate over a couple thousand dollars. An unscrupulous vendor located in etherspace will take advantage of that. But if a US based vendor makes a written representation and you can clearly show that you relied on it to your detriment, the stage is set for intervention by United States regulatory authorities like the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) or even a US law firm attracted by the triple damages offered by RICO legislation to put together a class action against a particularly egregious vendor. Then, just perhaps, you might get satisfaction.

Fortunately there are a number of sites like WHT that tolerate at least some criticism of errant vendors. Read the kudos and curses directed at your prospective vendor. Some kudos are just smoke and mirrors; but, don't forget that some curses are just users frustrated by their own errors. The rest should be pretty obvious.

Rest assured there are some very honest, dilligent and reliable service providers on the market. You just have to know what you want and look around for an outfit confident that it can meet your needs over the long haul.

Good luck!

Aza D. Oberman
    Last edited by ImageLogic; 01-13-2012 at 07:52 PM.

I want to suggest you for resellerclub or siliconhouse.net. Keep in mind that there is no one best, so match your requirements with web host services and then decide which one is best for you.

I would recommend HostGator.

Test your service provider on following parameters -

Speed
    Support
    Uptime

and finally

Your budget
    █ Web Hosting: Reliable inexpensive web hosting solution for you
    █ Reseller Hosting: Power Reseller Hosting with Cpanel/WHM and 24x7 support
    █ Domain Registration: Register Domain names, Domain registration in India
    █ Digital Certificates: Digital Certificates with Dedicated IP at no additional cost

if you willing to pay for quality and stable, you can easily find it. Look at the offer area and do a research on that host you got intersts with before signing up or go for their trial if there is

To answer your question: GoDaddy

There is no such thing as best reseller, you need to find one that fits your needs, try the offer section

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    To answer your question: GoDaddy
    Hmm... If you end up selling their shared hosting as I've experienced it, then no, they're not the best.

That's not even taking into account the TOS clause where they forbid resellers from selling their sites. I don't know about others, but I like to be able to sell a business I have worked to build.

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Go Daddy grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to resell the Services worldwide. Your Go Daddy Super Reseller site is non-transferable and cannot be sold separately or in conjunction with the sale of an existing site or business.

"Godaddy" as per me is not good choice for resellers because of there servers issues and support system !
    you can go with HostGator or Hostdime ..
    Go with better one who offers you best service/support but not price !.Compare all resellers in there services/features and support first and then go with price comparision ...

and One more thing,read reviews of each reseller in google which you think is best for you .

Good Luck !

One more point,first try any reseller for month and then pay for year ..
    Last edited by MNCHOST - Chris; 01-28-2012 at 03:26 PM. Reason: One more point !
    Fastest . Reliable . Affordable Web Hosting by MNCHOST.COM

█ Shared | Business | Reseller : 1.Litespeed 2.Cpanel 3.Pure SSDs 4.US Support 5.Hourly Backups
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers | Premium Bandwidth | New SSD-US Servers

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Hmm... If you end up selling their shared hosting as I've experienced it, then no, they're not the best.

That's not even taking into account the TOS clause where they forbid resellers from selling their sites. I don't know about others, but I like to be able to sell a business I have worked to build.
    Its actually narrow-minded to look just at shared hosting. Much of my income comes from email.

As far as the other part it really doesn't matter to me. I can have everything on autopilot. I will be collecting the money until I am dead and I won't even have to know who signed up today. Even if I could sell my customers and resellers there would be no reason to. If I want to get out of the business I just stop working and continue to collect the monthly profits (I receive money from my reseller's customers too)

It is what you make of it, but business-wise, it can't be compared to running a cpanel server or reseller account.
    Last edited by Collabora; 01-28-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Speed
    Support
    Uptime

and finally

Your budget
    Its interesting. Of all the responses, none of them mentioned potential income.

Quote Originally Posted by caisc View Post

Speed
    Support
    Uptime

and finally

Your budget
    Such simple suggestions but I think they're spot on! Less is more in the early stages of looking for the right reseller partner.

Personally when I was looking for a reseller account I wanted:
    a)Uptime
    b)Stability
    c)Support
    d)Logical prices.
    e)Location
    f) any additional goodies( free templates,end user suport,dedicated ip etc.

The most important thing that I was looking for was peace of mind,and trust.All the rest will come

Take time to find your perfect reseller host,and good luck

I'd like to say that we've had a very good experience with Eleven2's reseller services.

We've been extremely happy with their support staff (Jamie, thank you!) and as far as I can tell the only downtime we caught was actually our monitoring service hiccuping.

If you can afford $20 a month (which I hope you can!), check them out.

P.S., sorry for sounding like an advertisement. I'm not affiliated with Eleven2, I'm just a reseller client.

EZPZ are good if you can afford it.

Have a look in the offers section.
    Ashton Allen | FuseWeb Limited
    Premium UK Webhosting
    | Shared Hosting | VPS | Reseller Hosting | VOIP |
    FuseWeb.co.uk Or follow us on Twitter

+1 for hostgator there server and support both are great
    Web Hosting in Pakistan -> Fast Hosting,(25 minute initial ticket response time guarantee)
    Hosting in Pakistan -> Keep your site online with Cheap Price

I'm more then happy with 123systems, there servers are fast, and haven't had any downtime since I signed up.
    - Aussie Owned

Quote Originally Posted by Grinlock View Post
    I'm more then happy with 123systems, there servers are fast, and haven't had any downtime since I signed up.
    Thanks for your constant support Grinlock, I am glad you are happy
    〓〓 QuadraNet ├ CLOUD ├ DEDICATED ├ COLOCATION
    〓〓 Locations: Los Angeles, Dallas, Miami and Atlanta!!
    〓〓 andrew.moore[at]quadranet.com
    〓〓 http://www.QuadraNet.com

I've a EZPZ client for one year, they are one of the best !

Dreamhost, hostgator, Godaddy are the best but the price is x5 the small hosting companies.

Quote Originally Posted by hostingpost View Post
    Dreamhost, hostgator, Godaddy are the best but the price is x5 the small hosting companies.
    How do you figure that? Don't know about the other two, but Godaddy will do the tech support for you -- if you don't want to do it -- and the billing. COST is more than just the monthly fee you pay. Moreover, the monthly fee is not that much different than other reseller plans -- especially if its discounted by another reseller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleb View Post
    I've a EZPZ client for one year, they are one of the best !
    +1 from me too...

Best is relative, you may start googling what you need. If you have found the provider then googling again with keywords something like "review yourprovider" or "reputation yourprovider".

More safe if you have a low bujet vps too for backup your client manually by Secure Copy (SCP) if using cPanel, so if there's a problem with the provider at least you have backup your client's files and not make them dissapointed

* Sorry for my bad english

Liquidweb- I've been with them for 5-7 years, a long time.
    Godaddy- never, servers are too slow. As a web developer, I know first hand from dealing with customers who host there. ( I do however use their domain services.)
    Bluehost, hostgator- I tried these but they did not offer the same level of control. Too long ago to remember the issues, but might be related to .htaccess.
    CrystalTech- if this fits your need, they were always good for me, but has changed hands a few times through acquisitions.

Liquidweb- full access to everything you need to manage clients on a server. Includes fantastico. Support- I do need them occasionally and they are always responsive. I can get a tech guy in the US on the phone; I mostly use the online support ticket now. I've had almost 0 downtime over the years. Stability is critical and they have delivered.

Christine
    <<removed>>

Quote Originally Posted by Libxb View Post
    Google it Bro
    Google will mostly just return a list of affiliate-sponsored junk sites.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG-Hostgator-Arvixe Alternatives
    ||

I can tell you that HostGator has a no overselling policy that they will not budge on. Quite hypocritical seeing how they do it themselves.

I do know that the HostGator people back a long time ago when I had some sites with them were able to answer questions and fix problems unlike many reseller companies. You talk to many of them and the only thing they know how to say is submit a ticket.
    Cut Above Host Click Here To Visit
    24/7 Support/99.9% uptime/ Paypal accepted/ Established in 1999
    Cloud Servers Reseller Hosting Shared Hosting 20+ Locations Available
    R1Soft Backups * Softaculous * RVSiteBuilder * End User Support

Its interesting. Of all the responses, none of them mentioned potential income.
    What I found interesting was 3 pages of comments and recommendations, and no one asked the original poster what their actual requirements are. If they are selling .NET based solutions for example, 99% of the recommendations so far are useless. heck, even if everyone guessed right and the original poster is looking for a linux reseller hosting solution, how about if they also want to resell windows solutions, or MS Exchange or VPS servers - then none of the recommendations really apply.

Its actually narrow-minded to look just at shared hosting. Much of my income comes from email.

As far as the other part it really doesn't matter to me. I can have everything on autopilot. I will be collecting the money until I am dead and I won't even have to know who signed up today. Even if I could sell my customers and resellers there would be no reason to. If I want to get out of the business I just stop working and continue to collect the monthly profits (I receive money from my reseller's customers too)

It is what you make of it, but business-wise, it can't be compared to running a cpanel server or reseller account.
    well, the "narrow-minded" perspective could go both ways here. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing with Godaddy - obviously there is a market for it. but, being an affiliate is completely different then running your own business. if the affiliate model works for you, fantastic - but, a lot of businesses will serve markets godaddy simply cannot. we consider them a feeding system for our business - so, when their customers grow up (what I mean is as their online businesses mature), they look for providers like us. When you are an affiliate, you are at the mercy of the affiliate provider for vision, direction, etc.. and if you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, sure, you can leave your clients there and collect a depreciating return - but, essentially, you would need to start all over again with your own business and vision. Again though, not everyone has such aspirations and an affiliate model, where there is no responsibility required and commissions just flow in - is a better model.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinlock View Post
    Isn't your site shut down due to server issues?

Quote Originally Posted by cartika-andrew View Post

well, the "narrow-minded" perspective could go both ways here. There is nothing wrong with what you are doing with Godaddy - obviously there is a market for it. but, being an affiliate is completely different then running your own business. if the affiliate model works for you, fantastic - but, a lot of businesses will serve markets godaddy simply cannot. we consider them a feeding system for our business - so, when their customers grow up (what I mean is as their online businesses mature), they look for providers like us. When you are an affiliate, you are at the mercy of the affiliate provider for vision, direction, etc.. and if you ever decide you want to go in a different direction, sure, you can leave your clients there and collect a depreciating return - but, essentially, you would need to start all over again with your own business and vision. Again though, not everyone has such aspirations and an affiliate model, where there is no responsibility required and commissions just flow in - is a better model.
    But I do other things too (MSP). This is just for a particular market segment and for particular products for another. I've already been down the web hosting road with my own servers and making full time living at it. Started as a reseller. I could do it again if I wanted to and move all my Godaddy customers onto my severs -- I just went the other direction a couple years ago so forget that haha

I don't think a reseller startup can do well these days or in future. They will need a suite of services, or thousands of customers.

I do know that I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations.

If you look at TurnkeyInternet they are focusing on selling solutions rather than just selling the hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by cutabovehost View Post
    I do know that I recall someone posting a while back about being a Godaddy reseller and being forbidden from selling the business to anyone because of their TOS.

That is just unreal. I can't understand one bit why they would care about you selling your business to someone else so long as that other person obeyed all the TOS regulations.

If you look at TurnkeyInternet they are focusing on selling solutions rather than just selling the hosting.
    I don't recall that. I'll check into it. There is nothing they can do to determine you have done so -- I guess as long as your name stay on the account. If I sold my business, of which my GD reselling is only a part, I don't know what they could do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast