hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : Diablo 3 coming out February 1st! (possibly)

Forum Jump

Diablo 3 coming out February 1st! (possibly)

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Diablo 3 coming out February 1st! (possibly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEWoLF View Post
There were some inside information leaked by Best Buy recently that Diablo 3 is arriving to your near stores next month.
Sources are saying that Diablo 3 might hit our store shelves on the 1st of February!

Source: Report: Is Diablo III Coming Out on February 1st? - PC News at IGN

Looks like I will be taking a week off from work!

So who is ready for some Diablo 3?
This game is going to be off the hook!
This might easily become game of the year.
Looking forward to see all WHT'ers there!

Original post: http://www.47r-squad.com/gaming-disc...-possibly.html

Sponsored Links
Old
Community Liaison

Oh great, at last.

Old
WHT Addict

Great... Waiting for it..

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Februrady 1st which year? 2008?

Old
Just me

Doubtful
Amazon has no release date for it yet. If ANYONE is going to tell us when it'll be released, it'll be the major market sellers like Amazon, and of course Blizzard itself. They won't just give us 2, 3 weeks, they'll give us a month or two heads up.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Best buy has the ads up.
Hard to argue with that.

Old
the sauce boss

Been waiting since D2...

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBox View Post
Been waiting since D2...
Well the wait is finally over!

Old
Security Ninja

How am I supposed to do community service when Diablo 3 is out? Ugh!

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

You won't be able to.
You will not function

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Update: Several folks in comments are calling this a Photoshop. Note that Joystiq said they had contacted the retail location and verified the sign's existence.

Old
Security Ninja

Quote:
Update: Several folks in comments are calling this a Photoshop. Note that Joystiq said they had contacted the retail location and verified the sign's existence.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Diablo+I...4164945&loc=01

Their website itself says: Release Date: 2/1/2012

Edit:

Strange. I sent a text to a friend who is a manager at a local BestBuy and she said it's listed in their computers as 2/28/2012... hrm!

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Well we all have to wait and see.
I expect some type of announcement by Blizzard sometimes this week since there are so many rumors.

Old
VP Of Twinkies

I won't hold my breathe until it goes gold.. I'm sure they'll hold off another 6 months because they want to polish it a bit more... maybe next christmas?

Old
Just me

Quote:
Best buy has the ads up.
Hard to argue with that.
And Walmart says 3/31/12, Target says 2/7/12, Amazon says 'unknown', Gamestop says 'Early 12'.

Most importantly, blizzard has remained with the same answer since day 1:
Quote:
It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players. We're aiming to release Diablo III on both Mac and Windows simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release.
There's nothing confirmed, nothing set in stone, and ALL of the release dates we've heard from ALL of these providers are just rumor and conjecture. This is as bad as the iPhone 5 hype, really. When there IS a solid release date, providers across the world will put it up there. They won't skip Amazon, newegg, Walmart, Target, or any major provider. They'll ALSO have it listed on their website.

There's no way Blizzard is stupid enough to give 2-3 weeks notice of release on something this hugely expected. No way at all.