Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I don't think any of those myths are what people are really criticising are they? And I think this shows how out of touch Parallels are with they're SME hosting (Plesk) customers.

Notice also, that "Parallels support is atrocious" wasn't a myth worthy commenting on.
    SOA/SaaS/Cloud & Hosting Technology Evangelist
    Note: Any opinions expressed are my own and not of anyone else or my companies.

Guys,
    actually, problem with support is really exists. The main problem in that we have a huge flow of incoming Plesk tickets and all these tickets are processed by 3 lines of support. Tickets from experienced customers often hang in the front line and long time can not come to experienced engineers from the second line. I know that it's very vexed for customers who have real and complex problems. We should filter incoming tickets flow somehow that complex tickets should be processed by support experts. But Plesk support experts should not spend their time to simple or out of scope tickets because such tickets can be sent by experienced customers too. We are thinking on the optimization of this process and all your advice would be very valuable to us. Let's improve Plesk support together.

BTW, regarding of reproach to me. 2 years ago Plesk forum was half-dead. No discussions, no feedbacks, no suggestions, no cooperation. Now we have guys from Plesk Service Team, Management and Development there. They really want to help you and hear you. The forum has become a lively place for discussion and problem solving. Yeah, maybe I'm not polite and courteous. Perhaps, my competence is not enough, but believe me, that I'm doing so that your opinions and your ideas and reports were considered by responsible people in Parallels. I hope that many people did see positive changes on forum and their consequences in Plesk.

IgorG, I've seen you on the Parallels forums since it was the SwSoft forums.
    I remember the dead days, and it's definitely picked up in the past couple of years.

Don't think I've ever seen you not be polite/courteous.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || New Editorial: HostGator Alternatives & Who is EIG?
    ||

Igor, please add add-on domains, mail sent via domain's IP and multiple FTP users to Plesk 9.5.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Hello Igor,

It is good to hear that Parallels is seriously considering improving the support flow. I think that by default all Parallels partners (silver, gold, platinum) should be able to post tickets in second line, also the easy ones. All other customers should be able to post in 1st line only.

However in both support lines you should have an high level "ticket supervisor" who can assign tickets from 1st to second and from second to 1st line.

I understand the problem especially when the support people are not all in the same country. However the customers should always come first. It takes years to build a reputation and only days to destroy it.
    I think in general most people will like Plesk better then all other control panels, but support is a essential part of the offering.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorG View Post
    But Plesk support experts should not spend their time to simple or out of scope tickets because such tickets can be sent by experienced customers too. We are thinking on the optimization of this process and all your advice would be very valuable to us. Let's improve Plesk support together.
    Well for starters, you should not let anyone without proper knowledge to access your customers servers. I for one do not want front line support people making destructive changes on my servers. The way I see it the only way you can make things right and start building a better reputation would be to hire more skilled people for your first line support (or preferably remove first line altogether). I am pretty convinced Parallels has to be loosing important clients due to your poor support. Everybody seems to know that you can't depend on Parallels to help you out when a problem occurs, and from what I have been told by Parallels sales people, the problem is well known within Parallels as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IgorG View Post
    I hope that many people did see positive changes on forum and their consequences in Plesk.
    I gave up on Parallels forums months ago, because I found the suggestions and solutions presented by the staff there rarely had anything to do with the OPs actual problem. Unfortunately, that applies to many of the articles in your KB as well. Basically that means that if you're stuck, the only real option would probably be to open a support ticket. Which again either wouldn't do no good, or take forever.

I for one truly love Parallels products, and I have for years. It looks way better and our users seems to find it easier to understand than for instance cPanel. If I knew I could trust Parallels to help us out if a serious problem occurs, I would definately use Plesk Panel for all (or at least most) of our shared hosting servers, and Virtuozzo for our VPSes. Also your prices could always be a little more competitive.

One positive thing though. We just updated one of our servers from 10.3 to 10.4. This is the first update EVER on a Parallels product that has not broken something somewhere on the server.

So to summarise I guess I can say:
    1. Plesk is a great product, but be careful when adding stuff like Sitebuilder and Billing. It can bring down the total product. Especially since billing and sitebuilder has never been good products. Also from a productportfolio perspective it is not really clear what billing solution you should use and which not. KISS would be my advise. Control Panel is simple software for a simple purpose, so is billing and so is sitebuilder. Just make sure that customers can integrate if they want to by using API's. Do not try to get everything into one product.

2. Design changes are always perceived as bad but normally just take time to get used to.

3. Taking out features that most people do not use is maybe not so smart because those people might not like to lose options. So if from a security perspective it is not necessary to take out features, keep them in the software!

4. Prices for Plesk inside virtual machines should be the same for all virtual environments. Customers do not like vendor locking. So if you want to use Plesk inside another virtual environment then Virtuozzo the price should be the same.

5. With Plesk 10.4 it seems that upgrade issues are a thing of the past. If that is true that is a huge improvement.

5. The really big thing that customers are hating is bad support. I cannot imagine it is cheaper to let customers leave Parallels for Cpanel just because the support is bad. Support is key to customer experience and should be invested in. Especially now all partners also have to go through first line you will loose bigger customers if the support is not good enough. And when they have left they probably never come back.

Really do something with customer feedback should be the mission for 2012 and beyond. The product is great, now transform into a great company!

Quote Originally Posted by UENO View Post
    I will report my ticket numbers for verification.
    This is a member of the Parallels Social Media Support team. I appreciate you taking a second to tell us about your current experiences with our Support team. I can definitely sympathize with your frustrations and will definitely take this info to my superiors. We are continually working to improve the support experience for all of our customers. Just in the past 12 months we have come leaps and bounds from where we used to be - and we plan on only getting even better!

Please go ahead and message me your ticket numbers and an email addy that I can reach out to - or you can email me at social(@)parallels(.)com and I'll assist you from there.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Parallels Plesk Reality vs. Myths: Part 2

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to update you all with Part 2 of our 'Parallels Plesk Reality vs. Myths' series is now live! These blog posts were written by Craig Bartholomew, the Vice President of Shared Hosting here at Parallels.

In Part 2, we look at more myths about Plesk Testing, Updating Plesk, Plesk 8.x and 9.x UI, Parallels Support, Reporting Bugs and Parallels Forums and setting the record straight on those.

http://blogs.parallels.com/servicepr...hs-part-2.html

I look forward to speaking to Craig again at the Parallels Summit in MCO(Orlando) this year.
    He will be there right?
    Jodohost Operations Manager Twitter status feed: https://twitter.com/jodohostcom
    Now offering Plesk Hosting on Windows or Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    I look forward to speaking to Craig again at the Parallels Summit in MCO(Orlando) this year.
    He will be there right?
    Hi Stephen - Both Craig and I will be at Parallels Summit this year and we're looking forward to seeing you and all of our other customers again too. :-)

As far as the Myths we're all discussing, I'd like to give some context to these blog posts. They are intended as a continuing multi-part series to address many of the issues you all have brought up to us - support included (in this second round that was just posted). All of us at Parallels carefully take note of questions, concerns, and recommendations brought to us in order to improve our products and processes to best match your needs.

I'd encourage you all to take a look at the latest post in our Myths series as it does address many of the support issues brought up here. And, of course, bring on the feedback - we're listening.

http://blogs.parallels.com/servicepr...hs-part-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Openprovider View Post
    4. Prices for Plesk inside virtual machines should be the same for all virtual environments. Customers do not like vendor locking. So if you want to use Plesk inside another virtual environment then Virtuozzo the price should be the same.
    Couldn't agree more.

Hi NexDog,

Hear you loud and clear! And, this is exactly what we're doing. Pricing changes (setting Plesk-in-Hypervisor price to the same as Plesk-in-Virtuozzo price) for Unlimited-domain licenses will be rolling out shortly.

My new OnApp company thanks you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Parallels || Blake View Post
    Hear you loud and clear! And, this is exactly what we're doing. Pricing changes (setting Plesk-in-Hypervisor price to the same as Plesk-in-Virtuozzo price) for Unlimited-domain licenses will be rolling out shortly.
    Is this going to be the case for the 10/100 domain licenses as well?
    Sune Christesen
    ActiveWebs A/S - Dedicated servers, virtual servers, server hosting and private racks in Denmark.
    Data Center Map - Worldwide colocation, cloud and carrier index with interactive map.
    European-DDoS-Protection.com - Protection against DDoS attacks in Europe.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast