hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Computers and Peripherals : iPad 3

Forum Jump

iPad 3

Reply Post New Thread In Computers and Peripherals Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 AM

iPad 3

With the launch of the iPad 3 less than a week away, are you excited? Will you be buying one?

techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-3-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-937498

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
WHT Addict

I couldn't care less.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Security Ninja

Yeah, I don't care either but I have to be honest, I've been thinking more and more about getting an iPad lately - mainly just to lay in bed and watch movies, etc. I can't see me using it for "work" or any sort of productivity, to me, the iPad still seems like a novelty but to each their own.

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

I have been holding off until this release on purchasing an iPad. I have an iPhone and iTouch... which the little ones love. I would actually be more interested in a droid release, but with family - it is just more user friendly. Plus with apps being purchases... I would hate to have to buy the same ones again for a different platform.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:38 PM

I currently have the iPad2 given to me by my job. There's really not much I use it for. I would much rather have a mac air as it comes with all the necessary tools I use on a day to day basis rather than having to invest in an app to get things done. At the end of the day, the air is cheaper than the ipad.
Before getting the ipad from my job, I was debating if it would be worth the purchase. For my specific needs....no.

Old 03-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

i am not at all worried or excited about this launch because when i search the web for the comparison reviews between ipad and galaxy ta (Android) there are many votes and positive reviews on Galaxy tab/Android. So, no intention in buying ipad3 for now.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:40 AM
WHT Addict

I've been thinking about an iPad since the first one came out in 2010, but never bought one. I've been really following the rumors this time and I'm pretty excited. I currently just have a desktop computer, so something I can carry around with me would be really nice. I don't think I'll get much work done on it, but I'm going to buy iWork and see if I can.

Anyways, I've budgeted out $500 for the last week of March to get an iPad. (I know, the event is on Wednesday but it probably won't be available right away.)

Old 03-03-2012, 12:45 AM
Retired Moderator

Yep, it'll be my first one. I've been waiting for the retina display.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Just me

Who says it's less than a week away, or are you just buying into those rumor sites again?

I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money

Old 03-03-2012, 01:23 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
Who says it's less than a week away, or are you just buying into those rumor sites again?

I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money
Well it's pretty much a fact that the iPad reveal event is next Wednesday. Invitations already sent out.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:02 AM
Just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orien View Post
Well it's pretty much a fact that the iPad reveal event is next Wednesday. Invitations already sent out.
Care to post a direct source from Apple that's not unnamed?

The spring events do tend to reveal some decent stuff, but they are pretty good at keeping what under wraps till day of the event

Old 03-03-2012, 03:12 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Care to post a direct source from Apple that's not unnamed?

The spring events do tend to reveal some decent stuff, but they are pretty good at keeping what under wraps till day of the event
http://images.theweek.com/img/dir_00...-potential.jpg

It's clearly an iPad event

I'd reckon there's a new Apple TV release as well.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Just me

And last fall was clearly supposed to be the announcement of the iPhone 5 if you listened to rumors.

I'm not saying we won't see the iPad upgraded, but until they announce what's officially there, you're just buying into the rumor and hype market. Right now only a handful of people know what's really there.

As far as Apple TV, I'd say we're done with that one. At least until Jobs' final creation (I cracked the TV market) gets revealed, which is going to be quite some time in the future. They've still got to develop the damn thing first . Nobody wanted the ATV when they were hawking it WITH memory, now they're hawking it WITHOUT it, and still very few people want it. Yeah, that's not going anywhere.

These events constantly do this. They build up hype, they rely on the media to give them free publicity with rumors, speculation, etc, and people walk away every time, upset that they didn't get what they wanted from them. Every year, twice a year, the same thing happens. Like sheep, people just believe whatever they're told, true or not.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Web Hosting Tycoon

I think I'll skip over the ipad 3 at the moment. I've got an ipad2 which fits me fine at the moment.

#---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:59 AM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
And last fall was clearly supposed to be the announcement of the iPhone 5 if you listened to rumors.

I'm not saying we won't see the iPad upgraded, but until they announce what's officially there, you're just buying into the rumor and hype market. Right now only a handful of people know what's really there.

As far as Apple TV, I'd say we're done with that one. At least until Jobs' final creation (I cracked the TV market) gets revealed, which is going to be quite some time in the future. They've still got to develop the damn thing first . Nobody wanted the ATV when they were hawking it WITH memory, now they're hawking it WITHOUT it, and still very few people want it. Yeah, that's not going anywhere.

These events constantly do this. They build up hype, they rely on the media to give them free publicity with rumors, speculation, etc, and people walk away every time, upset that they didn't get what they wanted from them. Every year, twice a year, the same thing happens. Like sheep, people just believe whatever they're told, true or not.
I'm not sure we're saying different things...? Last event was clearly an iPhone event - which it was - 5 just happened to be what people thought it was going to be called and they were wrong.

This is clearly an iPad event. We don't know if it's the iPad 3, HD, whatever, but it is an event for a new iPad.

There's an existing Apple TV box... I own one. With supplies of the existing Apple TV next to nothing, I'd say there's probably a refresh coming up associated with the new iPad. I never said there's an actual physical TV coming as has been rumored but simply that the current Apple TV box is being refreshed. That's just a complete guess on my part. What is for sure is a new iPad of some sort.

Last edited by Orien; 03-03-2012 at 04:06 AM.