Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: iPad 3

  1. #1

    iPad 3

    With the launch of the iPad 3 less than a week away, are you excited? Will you be buying one?



    techradar.com/news/mobile-computing/tablets/ipad-3-rumours-what-you-need-to-know-937498

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    153

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,847
    Yeah, I don't care either but I have to be honest, I've been thinking more and more about getting an iPad lately - mainly just to lay in bed and watch movies, etc. I can't see me using it for "work" or any sort of productivity, to me, the iPad still seems like a novelty but to each their own.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Free Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

    www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

  4. #4
    I have been holding off until this release on purchasing an iPad. I have an iPhone and iTouch... which the little ones love. I would actually be more interested in a droid release, but with family - it is just more user friendly. Plus with apps being purchases... I would hate to have to buy the same ones again for a different platform.
    - PlanetSudoku.com
    - Millions of Sudoku puzzles including Sudoku 9x9, Multi 2, Multi 4, and Samurai
    - Puzzles from Very Easy to Hard, Logical Solver, Custom Backgrounds, Learning Center, and more...

  5. #5
    I currently have the iPad2 given to me by my job. There's really not much I use it for. I would much rather have a mac air as it comes with all the necessary tools I use on a day to day basis rather than having to invest in an app to get things done. At the end of the day, the air is cheaper than the ipad.
    Before getting the ipad from my job, I was debating if it would be worth the purchase. For my specific needs....no.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34
    i am not at all worried or excited about this launch because when i search the web for the comparison reviews between ipad and galaxy ta (Android) there are many votes and positive reviews on Galaxy tab/Android. So, no intention in buying ipad3 for now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    119
    I've been thinking about an iPad since the first one came out in 2010, but never bought one. I've been really following the rumors this time and I'm pretty excited. I currently just have a desktop computer, so something I can carry around with me would be really nice. I don't think I'll get much work done on it, but I'm going to buy iWork and see if I can.

    Anyways, I've budgeted out $500 for the last week of March to get an iPad. (I know, the event is on Wednesday but it probably won't be available right away.)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,195
    Yep, it'll be my first one. I've been waiting for the retina display.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Among the corn
    Posts
    10,631
    Who says it's less than a week away, or are you just buying into those rumor sites again?

    I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,195
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Who says it's less than a week away, or are you just buying into those rumor sites again?

    I swear, Apple loves those rumor sites, they do more business for Apple and much, much more publicity. Talk about saving money
    Well it's pretty much a fact that the iPad reveal event is next Wednesday. Invitations already sent out.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Among the corn
    Posts
    10,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Well it's pretty much a fact that the iPad reveal event is next Wednesday. Invitations already sent out.
    Care to post a direct source from Apple that's not unnamed?

    The spring events do tend to reveal some decent stuff, but they are pretty good at keeping what under wraps till day of the event

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,195
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Care to post a direct source from Apple that's not unnamed?

    The spring events do tend to reveal some decent stuff, but they are pretty good at keeping what under wraps till day of the event
    http://images.theweek.com/img/dir_00...-potential.jpg

    It's clearly an iPad event

    I'd reckon there's a new Apple TV release as well.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Among the corn
    Posts
    10,631
    And last fall was clearly supposed to be the announcement of the iPhone 5 if you listened to rumors.

    I'm not saying we won't see the iPad upgraded, but until they announce what's officially there, you're just buying into the rumor and hype market. Right now only a handful of people know what's really there.

    As far as Apple TV, I'd say we're done with that one. At least until Jobs' final creation (I cracked the TV market) gets revealed, which is going to be quite some time in the future. They've still got to develop the damn thing first . Nobody wanted the ATV when they were hawking it WITH memory, now they're hawking it WITHOUT it, and still very few people want it. Yeah, that's not going anywhere.

    These events constantly do this. They build up hype, they rely on the media to give them free publicity with rumors, speculation, etc, and people walk away every time, upset that they didn't get what they wanted from them. Every year, twice a year, the same thing happens. Like sheep, people just believe whatever they're told, true or not.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tech Belt
    Posts
    7,784
    I think I'll skip over the ipad 3 at the moment. I've got an ipad2 which fits me fine at the moment.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    7,195
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    And last fall was clearly supposed to be the announcement of the iPhone 5 if you listened to rumors.

    I'm not saying we won't see the iPad upgraded, but until they announce what's officially there, you're just buying into the rumor and hype market. Right now only a handful of people know what's really there.

    As far as Apple TV, I'd say we're done with that one. At least until Jobs' final creation (I cracked the TV market) gets revealed, which is going to be quite some time in the future. They've still got to develop the damn thing first . Nobody wanted the ATV when they were hawking it WITH memory, now they're hawking it WITHOUT it, and still very few people want it. Yeah, that's not going anywhere.

    These events constantly do this. They build up hype, they rely on the media to give them free publicity with rumors, speculation, etc, and people walk away every time, upset that they didn't get what they wanted from them. Every year, twice a year, the same thing happens. Like sheep, people just believe whatever they're told, true or not.
    I'm not sure we're saying different things...? Last event was clearly an iPhone event - which it was - 5 just happened to be what people thought it was going to be called and they were wrong.

    This is clearly an iPad event. We don't know if it's the iPad 3, HD, whatever, but it is an event for a new iPad.

    There's an existing Apple TV box... I own one. With supplies of the existing Apple TV next to nothing, I'd say there's probably a refresh coming up associated with the new iPad. I never said there's an actual physical TV coming as has been rumored but simply that the current Apple TV box is being refreshed. That's just a complete guess on my part. What is for sure is a new iPad of some sort.
    Last edited by Orien; 03-03-2012 at 04:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Apples iPad 3 rumored to be thicker than iPad 2
    By prewebhost in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 06:17 PM
  2. ipad
    By PatrickN in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:35 AM
  3. IPad
    By Dominic Magro in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:09 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •