Thumbs up Xensmart 18 Month Review

Background:

I was initially looking for a lower spec UK VPS to act as a backup to my main VPS (hosted elsewhere.....see my other reviews for them), just so I had something where I could mirror the files and databases. After searching on here, I found Xensmart could offer what I was looking for, at a very reasonable price.

I ordered a small 128mb VPS with the use of one of their 25% promo codes, so the total cost was only £3.75 per month. I later upgraded this to 256mb, and got to keep the rolling discount

I then saw this offer thread posted by Chris: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1014388

and snapped it up.

I was originally going to cancel the smaller of the two VPS, but in the end, decided to keep them both. I ran NAGIOS on the smaller of the two, which was monitoring the backup VPS and my Primary one.

Both are bare CentOS installs.

Network:
    Network is very stable, very few outages, and very fast. Syncing between my primary and backup VPS can see 9mb/s.

Hardware:
    The backup VPS I have on the 512mb plan it just as fast as my primary VPS elsewhere, but with less RAM and disc space, so value for money wise is excellent.

Support:
    Both billing and technical support have been excellent. In the few instances I've had to use it (only 7 times), the initial response has been less than 10 minutes (apart from once when they had issues with the host node being under attack). Chris E has been involved in all the tickets, and can't fault the support they have given.

Given the price I pay for both VPS with Xensmart, I'd rate them 10/10!

Thanks for the review Matt, pleasure hosting you