Thumbs down Incero.com Review

Dear All

20th of Dec. i added grodon to the skype and get an offer, then he sent me his offer on 21st for the following

- 2 x Xeon E5620
    - 24GB RAM
    - 2 x 1TB SATA HD
    - windows server 2008 R2 Standard
    - 1 Gbit connection with 50TB bandwidth

he promised me to receive the order with 13 hours from the payment, we paid the same hour of getting the quote, So fast

We received the server 2 days later!! with he following config.

Unmanaged, No Support, 2x 1TB H/W RAID, 100mbit Unmetered, Windows Std.‏

100mbit Unmetered and our order was for 1 Gbit connection with 50TB bandwidth!!

IPMI/KVM wasn't configured well, and the server was down!, i opened a support ticket that the KVM is working but not configured well and asked them to change my connection as per my order this was at about 04:00 AM CST (if i am not wrong)

after 1 hour KVM is down, their own site Incero.com was down as well!!

after 5-6 hours from my ticket, they replied, guess their reply??

they just edited the ticket subject to be 1 Gbit, HAHAHA, and the server still on 100 Mbit connection and replied "You broke the KVM, you can wait for us to fix it when convenient, or
    you can pay to have it fixed immediately. "

how much to pay , 65$ !!!!

it's the first day of my server, i think it's not a colo!!

and i am sure that they didn't configure the KVM and you will see their reply after that

i sent them screen shot that they have miss-configuration for the KVM, and requesting OS Reload as i don't need the Raid to make the 2 HDD visable not just 1 HDD ( this was my problem, i didn't see the Raid on the order)

they replied that a DC technician will see the port speed and KVM problem in the coming HOURS !!!!, what coming hours!, all this time my server is down

then they generated an invoice for the OS reload fee, how much ?? 60$ ohh! too much, no problems.

after 1 hours i see no action, asked why my server is still down and KVM as well, Gordon told me i have to wait as i am unmanaged and no support for me
    and if i need fast action i have to pay $65 for fast reply for each ticket and $60 for OS reload fee, total $ 125!!!

first i requested a refund and he refused, and inside his terms he said if you are not satisfied, we can refund !!

I was too tired, i said i can pay the OS reload, even all providers have to offer free OS Reload even if it's 1 time per month

I was sleeping, and he sent me the following replies

"Send me the administrator password so that I can gracefully reboot
    windows please.
    I have an external kvm hooked up and saw that the ipmi ip settings
    were wrong. I am going to adjust them now.
    Thanks."

and he has the password and not changed

after 4 min. for this reply he sent "I have the password"

after 30 min. "Your order has been cancelled and refunded. Your account is closed."

and they closed the account and everything!!

i sent him a reply on the skype but he is offline that i need to have good cooperation with him

At Last not at least, Gordon, if you need to have good business, try to treat your customer well, we pay to have satisfaction, }Clients are not slaves for your mercy!!

Here is my review:-

- Prices 10/10
    - Support 1/10
    - Customer treatment ZERO, must to be kind

Sorry for my bad review, but if anyone need good support, Patience support, please don't try to use Incero.com

If you can manage your server yourself, then use them

If you give me what i need, i will pay what you need! and still interesting for a cooperation

Kind Regards
      0 Not allowed!

Lets not jump on conclusion, it would be great if we can hear incero's side of the story too. From what you say it seems they cannot say no to any custom order and they cannot accommodate it too . Anyways hope you find a better host who understands customer service.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

Yes I am interested if the host responds often some good information is left out on the customers side. Good luck with your next host may they fix you up.
      0 Not allowed!

Short version:
    Client was refunded in full, we decided not to do business with the client because he continually harassed us to do things for free.

Long version:
    Server was indeed deployed with the wrong port speed, I apologize for that, not a big deal we would fix it and push back the billing date by 24 hours.

I dropped you as a client, and refunded all of your fees, because you were a pain to deal with:
    1. Server deployed fully functional (albeit wrong port speed, quick fix)
    2. KVM functional, you even sent screenshots from windows
    3. you broke kvm connectivity (you sent screenshots of KVM network options which you questioned, and then changed)
    4. you broke RDP connectivity with your own firewall
    5. We explained that we would fix it ASAP, but as you had broken your own connectivity we would get to it ASAP same day, or you could have it worked on immediately for $60 with a high priority ticket (as explained here: http://www.incero.com/acceptable-use-policy ), because you are on an unmanaged server and our hardware and network is not at fault.
    6. You then blame us for there being a "missing drive", you ordered hardware RAID 1 (2x 1TB) and we configured that for you. So then you wanted the OS to be reloaded for free and without RAID. I explained that you could reload your own OS via the KVM when it's back up or you can pay $60 for us to reload the OS.

Simply, you had a tall order (wanting free express setup NOW NOW NOW), you didn't know what you're doing (confirmed you changed the KVM settings), you broke RDP connectivity, you wanted us to reload the OS for free due to your mistake (RAID 1 being a mirror, and requiring two drives to make "one"), and along the way....

you made :
    • 13 phone calls
    • repeated skype messages (60+)
    • sales live chat contacts (attempting to get faster support)
    • many tickets

even though I had explained that you had an unmanaged machine and that we would fix your self broken KVM ASAP, or you had an upgraded support option available to you.

When I logged in via an external KVM (spyder) and rebooted windows to get to bios and confirmed KVM network settings had been changed by you or one of your other users (confirming you broke KVM connectivity) I figured it would be easier to refund you like you requested earlier in the ticket, rather than continue to try and do business with you.

I'm glad that we figured out that you're one of those cheap, want everything for free, whiny type clients now rather than down the line. We actually go a long way to help all of our clients on a daily basis even when they're unmanaged, free of charge, but that's because they don't harass us and hence we're happy to provide excellent service.

Regarding our hardware/network/setup, yes we own all our own equipment outright located at SAS70 Type II datacenter facilities. I don't really know what your comment about "real colo" means, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. All clients are welcome to tour our locations and see our brand new state of the art setup. We have hundreds of happy clients, and several hundred servers deployed.

It's Christmas eve here, and I'm going to spend the time appropriately rather than continue to spend any more time on you. Good luck at your new host and Merry Christmas to you.
    Last edited by gordonrp; 12-24-2011 at 12:40 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

When I read this I expected this to be one of the rare cases that the client is at fault; mainly due to Gordon's reputation here.

Glad to see my prediction was right.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm glad that we figured out that you're one of those cheap, want everything for free, whiny type clients now rather than down the line.
    +1 Every host should implement it.

LMAO
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    Short version:
    Client was refunded in full, we decided not to do business with the client because he continually harassed us to do things for free.

Long version:
    Server was indeed deployed with the wrong port speed, I apologize for that, not a big deal we would fix it and push back the billing date by 24 hours.

I dropped you as a client, and refunded all of your fees, because you were a pain to deal with:
    1. Server deployed fully functional (albeit wrong port speed, quick fix)
    2. KVM functional, you even sent screenshots from windows
    3. you broke kvm connectivity (you sent screenshots of KVM network options which you questioned, and then changed)
    4. you broke RDP connectivity with your own firewall
    5. We explained that we would fix it ASAP, but as you had broken your own connectivity we would get to it ASAP same day, or you could have it worked on immediately for $60 with a high priority ticket (as explained here: http://www.incero.com/acceptable-use-policy ), because you are on an unmanaged server and our hardware and network is not at fault.
    6. You then blame us for there being a "missing drive", you ordered hardware RAID 1 (2x 1TB) and we configured that for you. So then you wanted the OS to be reloaded for free and without RAID. I explained that you could reload your own OS via the KVM when it's back up or you can pay $60 for us to reload the OS.

Simply, you had a tall order (wanting free express setup NOW NOW NOW), you didn't know what you're doing (confirmed you changed the KVM settings), you broke RDP connectivity, you wanted us to reload the OS for free due to your mistake (RAID 1 being a mirror, and requiring two drives to make "one"), and along the way....

you made :
    • 13 phone calls
    • repeated skype messages (60+)
    • sales live chat contacts (attempting to get faster support)
    • many tickets

even though I had explained that you had an unmanaged machine and that we would fix your self broken KVM ASAP, or you had an upgraded support option available to you.

When I logged in via an external KVM (spyder) and rebooted windows to get to bios and confirmed KVM network settings had been changed by you or one of your other users (confirming you broke KVM connectivity) I figured it would be easier to refund you like you requested earlier in the ticket, rather than continue to try and do business with you.

I'm glad that we figured out that you're one of those cheap, want everything for free, whiny type clients now rather than down the line. We actually go a long way to help all of our clients on a daily basis even when they're unmanaged, free of charge, but that's because they don't harass us and hence we're happy to provide excellent service.

Regarding our hardware/network/setup, yes we own all our own equipment outright located at SAS70 Type II datacenter facilities. I don't really know what your comment about "real colo" means, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over that. All clients are welcome to tour our locations and see our brand new state of the art setup. We have hundreds of happy clients, and several hundred servers deployed.

It's Christmas eve here, and I'm going to spend the time appropriately rather than continue to spend any more time on you. Good luck at your new host and Merry Christmas to you.
    I didn't change the KVM

see your reply!

http://i44.tinypic.com/s2634y.jpg

as you deleted the ticket but i still having it through my e-mail

you said that i made 13 phone calls, and 60 Skype Messages, this is exaggerated, i can list here, i do 3 phone calls with no reply at the time that support was not available, i tried to send you on skype as i waited more than 7 hours with no reply to the ticket

How come for a DC Support to take more than 7 hours to respond to a ticket!!

You made wrong configuration for the server as follows:-
    1- you promised to send the server within 13 hours, and received after 2 days!
    2- 100mbit connection instead of 1Gbit.
    3- Firewall blocking all connections.
    3- your KVM i am sure is not configured and it's your problem, i am not a little baby to make that fault!

you said, Server deployed fully functional (albeit wrong port speed, quick fix)

YEAH, 9 hours to fix that problem is a quick fix!

If your customer is happy for your treatment, then it's ok for them, we don't blame them.

you need to do everything for money, i mean everything, as you even doubled the invoice for the Windows Reload

it's the first time to see Providers charge their customers for OS Reloads and at the first day of the server!

you need me to pay (60$ for reload, and 65$ for ONE Ticket fast response, total i.e. 125$) it's not fair to pay about 40% of the server price for 30 min. help

At last not at least :::

If the server was delivered as we ordered with our needed configuration, then i think What happened will not happen (no requests from our side!)
    the problem because of the delay in reply for more than 7 hours, and for solving the problem + 2 hours and wrong settings !

Thanks for your Services
    Last edited by haygen; 12-24-2011 at 01:32 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I didn't read most of your reply, but to respond to the screenshot:

Quote Originally Posted by haygen View Post
    I didn't change the KVM

see your reply!

The KVM worked when deployed, we used it load the OS You also used it to enable RDP You then changed the settings, killing the KVM. If you didn't then one of your colleagues did (you even sent a screenshot of you changing the KVM settings). You changed the settings, hence my reply that that "they were wrong." I clearly explained to you in the ticket that this was a low priority for us (our network and hardware not at fault) and that we would deal with it ASAP same business day, or that you could receive immediate support with a high priority ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Terms
    SUPPORT
    System software support is only provided for “fully managed” server customers. Absolutely no software support is provided for “unmanaged” server customers, unmanaged clients can certainly submit support requests relating to replacing failed hardware. All servers come with integrated IPMI/KVM allowing you complete remote control over the system. Our unmanaged products are intended for expert system administrators, or those who have their own system administrators already employed. Unmanaged customers facing KVM or hardware outages will be dealt with on a “best effort” basis during business hours, however immediate response and assistance can be received with the use of a high priority ticket (which will incur a fee of $65). Managed customers hardware is monitored 24/7 and high priority tickets for managed clients are free of charge for dealing with any hardware or website outages.
    Hence we didn't reply to your ticket during the middle of the night, it wasn't submitted as high priority. Only high priority tickets alert our on call staff. Our datacenters are manned 24/7.

I've said my part, you've said your part, all it comes down to is that we would rather not do business with you. We sent you a full refund when we cancelled your account, you can go happily find another host now.

/unsubscribing from thread.
    Last edited by gordonrp; 12-24-2011 at 01:39 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I didn't change the KVM

see your reply!

as you deleted the ticket but i still having it through my e-mail
    All that says is that the settings are wrong. It doesn't specify how they were wrong. Being a process Incero do on a very regular basis; mistakes on server setup are unlikely.

you said that i made 13 phone calls, and 60 Skype Messages, this is exaggerated, i can list here, i do 3 phone calls with no reply at the time that support was not available, i tried to send you on skype as i waited more than 7 hours with no reply to the ticket
    It's Christmas Eve... do you really expect him to be fully staffed at the moment?

How come for a DC Support to take more than 7 hours to respond to a ticket!!
    I've waited longer at a non-holiday time. 7 hours for an unmanaged service is still respectable in a holiday period.

You made wrong configuration for the server as follows:-
    1- you promised to send the server within 13 hours, and received after 2 days!
    He changed your billing period to allow for the miscalculation. Being the holiday period, you should expect delays. If you cannot, I'm afraid your business expectations are drastically skewed.

2- 100mbit connection instead of 1Gbit.
    This was an honest mistake by Incero as stated. He apologised, fixed it, and the time your connection was wrong (I presume) was also included in the billing date shift.

3- Firewall blocking all connections.
    3- your KVM i am sure is not configured and it's your problem, i am not a little baby to make that fault!
    If you have KVM you can fix firewall misconfigurations yourself. If you had been patient and used KVM, you wouldn't have had this problem.

you said, Server deployed fully functional (albeit wrong port speed, quick fix)

YEAH, 9 hours to fix that problem is a quick fix!
    It's a holiday period, he will be understaffed and very busy. This is normal.

If your customer is happy for your treatment, then it's ok for them, we don't blame them.

you need to do everything for money, i mean everything, as you even doubled the invoice for the Windows Reload
    You could have been patient and gotten it for free..

it's the first time to see Providers charge their customers for OS Reloads and at the first day of the server!
    Nope. An OS reload will take 15 minutes to an hour of a technicians time. You can do it for free via KVM..

you need me to pay (60$ for reload, and 65$ for ONE Ticket fast response, total i.e. 125$) it's so funny to pay 40% of the server price for 30 min. help
    Technicians cost money. Especially in holidays.

At last not at least :::

If the server was delivered as we ordered with our needed configuration, then i think What happened will not happen (no requests from our side!)
    the problem because of the delay in reply for more than 7 hours, and for solving the problem + 2 hours and wrong settings !
    He apologised for the mistakes, rectified them, and changed your billing date to account for the mistakes.. By refunding you, he has made a loss. He has been generous to you, you should realise this.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    All that says is that the settings are wrong. It doesn't specify how they were wrong. Being a process Incero do on a very regular basis; mistakes on server setup are unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    If you have KVM you can fix firewall misconfigurations yourself. If you had been patient and used KVM, you wouldn't have had this problem.
    How do you connect to the KVM without proper IP settings?

Regards
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UNIXy View Post

Regards
    You wait for the provider to fix the KVM which they did in under half a day. Plus, it was the client who broke the KVM in the first place.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UNIXy View Post

Regards
    Unixy, settings were right when deployed (we use it to deploy OS), customer also sent screenshots of windows (rdp was initially disabled) which confirms KVM worked fine.

The client enabled RDP, then broke it with a firewall setting, apparently they then tried to change the KVM IP from the management portal and that broke the KVM also.

Really unsubscribing this time!
      0 Not allowed!

Unixy, settings were right when deployed (we use it to deploy OS), customer also sent screenshots of windows (rdp was initially disabled) which confirms KVM worked fine.

The client enabled RDP, then broke it with a firewall setting, apparently they then tried to change the KVM IP from the management portal and that broke the KVM also.

i think you said

i will not reply anymore and i am sure from what i said

i should use my time to search for better providers

Regards
      0 Not allowed!

i think you said

i will not reply anymore and i am sure from what i said

i should use my time to search for better providers

Regards
    Good luck in finding a provider who suits your needs at a reasonable price.. you're going to need it.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been a happy customer of Incero for the past six months. I've done business with several dedicated server companies over the years, and have been the most satisfied with Incero.

I think haygen expected too much from an unmanaged server and agree that expectations should have taken into account that it's the holidays.

If they were in need of fast, prompt assistance, then a managed provider would be more suited to their needs.

For the sort or response time that was expected, it will cost you more than Incero was charging by far.

I moved my business to Incero because I prefer unmanaged servers and enjoy seeing the cost reduction, but it's not for everyone.
      0 Not allowed!

I know you said you are unsubscribing but I'm curious, the customer found out that he was running raid 1. Was this found out via the order details? If not, wouldn't the customer HAVE to have used the KVM or logged into his windows box to find this out? Proving you right.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    I know you said you are unsubscribing but I'm curious, the customer found out that he was running raid 1. Was this found out via the order details? If not, wouldn't the customer HAVE to have used the KVM or logged into his windows box to find this out? Proving you right.
    Im trying to get offline and enjoy the holiday of course.

Yes, the customer had full access, he even setup RDP access via the KVM (proves the KVM was deployed fully functional as we don't enable RDP). I loaded this customer myself and I'm 100% sure on everything stated. Basically he broke his RDP with a firewall, then tried to correct it by changing KVM settings which in turn broke the KVM. He even sent various screenshots from within windows, confirming that the KVM worked fine when deployed.

Now he's complaining that the unmanaged response time is not quick enough (ticket submitted in the middle of the night without the high priority upgrade) etc etc etc.

Incero will provide excellent support, even at 4am for unmanaged clients, but there is a fee for that in the form of the $65 high priority ticket. Our unmanaged servers are for expert users only and include no support hence why unmanaged servers are so cheap. We said we would fix his KVM for him ASAP free of charge, that wasn't good enough for him and he continued to harass us.

I'd like to request that this thread be closed, OP has has his chance to complain. We cancelled his server and provided a refund (yesterday before this post) because we don't want to deal with this client, that's all there is to it.
    Last edited by gordonrp; 12-24-2011 at 02:16 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Couldn't ask for a better or more professional reply than that, kudos to Gordon's patience, you've just made my "to try" list
      0 Not allowed!

i will not reply anymore
    I'd like to request that this thread be closed
    </thread>

Alex
      0 Not allowed!