Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Exclamation Starting A Minecraft Hosting Company

    I am going to be starting a Minecraft Hosting company. I will have two Intel Xeon servers, my own and they will be in a data center in Florida. There is one thing that I will need to know, and that is bandwidth. How much bandwidth will I need for these servers, and if nobody knows, then how can I find out? I have already posted on tons of other sites and received no answer. Thanks in advanced, Jacob.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    79
    Is there still money in Minecraft servers?

    Amazing game, bored of it now though.
    Ten Net Internet Services
    █ We only offer shared Hosting, this means we do it properly!
    Litespeed Servers | UK Based | Instant Setup
    █ True 24/7 Support | Helpful Beginner Support

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    141
    My nodes never use above 500GB of bandwidth /month

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TenNet View Post
    Is there still money in Minecraft servers?

    Amazing game, bored of it now though.
    There most defiantly is need for a quality USA host. Most Minecraft hosts are just overloading computers and overcharging by 100% for a quality server. 8 GB Minecaft server for 200$ a month? Yeah, thats a rip. Minecraft has barely reached its high point in selling yet, the real game just came out about 2 weeks ago.

    Quote Originally Posted by mcdl View Post
    My nodes never use above 500GB of bandwidth /month
    How big are the servers on your nodes? How many servers do you run?

    Thanks so much!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by poop on fire View Post
    There most defiantly is need for a quality USA host. Most Minecraft hosts are just overloading computers and overcharging by 100% for a quality server. 8 GB Minecaft server for 200$ a month? Yeah, thats a rip. Minecraft has barely reached its high point in selling yet, the real game just came out about 2 weeks ago.



    How big are the servers on your nodes? How many servers do you run?

    Thanks so much!

    Not every host charges that, I certainly don't you'll be surprised on the competition you will have. My main source of advertisements is the Minecraft forums in the approved hosts section. If you aren't aiming for there then there's not much point in starting.

    Depends on which node, I have many at different sizes. 10 servers on one node with about 100 or so players online uses about 300-500GB. That will give you a nice estimate, if you get 5TB bandwidth I can assure you you'll never go over it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdl View Post
    Not every host charges that, I certainly don't you'll be surprised on the competition you will have. My main source of advertisements is the Minecraft forums in the approved hosts section. If you aren't aiming for there then there's not much point in starting.

    Depends on which node, I have many at different sizes. 10 servers on one node with about 100 or so players online uses about 300-500GB. That will give you a nice estimate, if you get 5TB bandwidth I can assure you you'll never go over it.
    Thanks so much! I was going to aim at the larger servers. I was also planning to use the forums. Good luck to you and thanks again for all of your help!

    What control panel do you use? Also, can you make multiple servers without having to make a new VPS?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by poop on fire View Post
    Thanks so much! I was going to aim at the larger servers. I was also planning to use the forums. Good luck to you and thanks again for all of your help!

    What control panel do you use? Also, can you make multiple servers without having to make a new VPS?
    We use the multicraft control panel which can create multiple servers in a shared environment with chrooted and set user file system.

  8. #8
    Thanks for your help MCDI. By the way, your website is very nice!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wiltshire, UK
    Posts
    79
    Ive been playing since Alpha, I have a fair idea about popularity, especially as the xbox version will be out soon. However I don't think there is any money in running minecraft servers, they are ten a penny now and 99% of the "kids" that play the game just use their computer as a server.
    Ten Net Internet Services
    █ We only offer shared Hosting, this means we do it properly!
    Litespeed Servers | UK Based | Instant Setup
    █ True 24/7 Support | Helpful Beginner Support

  10. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-12-2011, 03:29 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 03:18 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 07:03 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •