Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: up2vps

  1. #1

    up2vps

    Does anyone know if their network is down. the site is slow, my control panel is slow, and my server is basically getting disconnected :/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drezi View Post
    Does anyone know if their network is down. the site is slow, my control panel is slow, and my server is basically getting disconnected :/
    Hi,
    We was have abuser on node cased heavy packet loss about 10 : 15 min and it has been nullrouted

    Thanks

  3. #3
    Hi,
    the disconnectiong was from your abuse on node. Sorry the ips was nullroute by network
    as you are break our terms we can't provide this services anymore
    You are effect on our Business . Good luck

    PS: This is a signature, will go out to every ticket I replied as a reminder. Please always create new ticket for every new issue you need our help with, do not keep adding new requests to old/closed ticket. And try to put clear subject on the issue.

    Thanks You,

    Please feel free to contact us if you need any additional assistance.

    regards,
    Daniel B

    UP2VPS.Com- Choose With Confidence
    Secure, Reliable, And Customer Friendly VPS Hosting


    This is what i got from your support tickets. I am not sure how i supposedly caused the high packet loss. I was running my minecraft server on 4gb ram and doing nothing else. I have no idea how i caused it!?

  4. #4
    Why doesn't up2vps respond? -,-

  5. #5
    can i at least request to download some data from my server???

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    373
    Hmmm, Whats going on here? What TOS have you broken?

    Its fair to make the client do a backup if your going to shut him down.
    Last edited by server-guy; 12-13-2011 at 11:41 PM.
    IrieHost Inc - Professional Web Hosting Provider & Social Network Servers
    VPS Shared Hosting Dedicated Servers Reseller Hosting
    24hrs Support | 30 Days Money Back | 99.99% Uptime
    See you soon @ www.riehost.com

  7. #7
    We will back for this thing next 24 hours
    Thats what the response was. I am still confused as to what i have done. I also happen to be mad that they take my server down literally the day after I renewed it for another month :/

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    4,248
    I think they need to work on their English skills a bit? They should definitely give you more information on whats causing this.

    - Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged VPS's [OpenVZ & KVM] by tmzVPS.com | FAST - SSD Accelerated VPS Plans!
    █ Locations in California, Florida & London. Legal Adult Content Allowed.
    cPanel/WHM | Premium Network | Premium Softaculous and MORE Included! | Website Migrations Included!
    █ 24/7 Certified Support | INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2CheckOut, BitCoin, All Major Credit Cards Accepted!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    I think they need to work on their English skills a bit? They should definitely give you more information on whats causing this.

    - Daniel
    I thought I wouldn't deal with support this much for my vps.

    but o well.

    I also think they should of at least said what i did wrong and maybe warned me first. Like the terms of service says, I am not allowed to undermine the server. I did not undermine the server at all (at least directly or intentionally). I am not sure if i was ddos'd or had a memory leak, ect.

    It would have been nice to know what it was so i can prevent it in the future if I choose another provider.

    *p.s: all i was doing was running a minecraft server :/

  10. #10
    These guys suck at customer service, all they care about is getting your money. You get what you pay for. I'd dump them and look for someone who actually provides good service and cares about their customers. Oh wait, that's exactly what I did.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lancs, UK
    Posts
    2,146
    So let me guess?

    Customers site/server got attacked in some strange form, they then terminate his account problem solved.

    Frankly this does show the lack of knowledge they have in this industry, anyone in this industry knows that from time to time servers get attacked. Its a fact of life!

    Hosts that do not understand this baffle me quite frankly, mind you up2vps have never really done things by the industry norm and at times seem to have the strangest of policies. At times I do wonder if they even know what there doing!


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger-Matt View Post
    So let me guess?

    Customers site/server got attacked in some strange form, they then terminate his account problem solved.

    Frankly this does show the lack of knowledge they have in this industry, anyone in this industry knows that from time to time servers get attacked. Its a fact of life!

    Hosts that do not understand this baffle me quite frankly, mind you up2vps have never really done things by the industry norm and at times seem to have the strangest of policies. At times I do wonder if they even know what there doing!
    And me guess just stop reply on this topic due you are don't understand
    And please if anyone din't understand not reply here
    We don't remove or suspend his vps . The ips nullroute by network not us we have add new ips to get backup
    So people please stop attack people before understand

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Up2vps View Post
    And me guess just stop reply on this topic due you are don't understand
    And please if anyone din't understand not reply here
    We don't remove or suspend his vps . The ips nullroute by network not us we have add new ips to get backup
    So people please stop attack people before understand
    How do companys like you have any business at all, your customer service skills are pathetic.
    Virtual6 - KVM VPS Hosting
    480Gbps DDoS Protection // Unmetered Data // Dedicated vCPU // Xeon Powered Servers // Instant Setup
    We provide virtual servers (VPS) built upon our KVM virtualization cluster. They're scalable, reliable and most importantly, affordable.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    I think they need to work on their English skills a bit? They should definitely give you more information on whats causing this.

    - Daniel
    I agree. They should be providing alot more information prior to shutting down his service, and afterward informing him of the whole situation including the reason and justification behind it, not afterwards and telling him to hold. Seems sketchy to me to be honest.

    -D.

  15. #15
    After reviewing some things from the backup it appears i was (D)DOS'd -,-
    Idk why UP2VPS would remove my service when i was DDOS'd.

    How stupid.

    Because obviously i would DDOS my own server.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Problem with UP2VPS
    By matiasdm in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-28-2011, 09:07 PM
  2. NO Up2VPS.com
    By ViperNet in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-04-2011, 03:55 PM
  3. Up2VPS
    By bluemer in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 11:41 AM
  4. Where is up2vps???
    By budgee in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
  5. Up2vps down!!!
    By Mrkhaled in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 10:18 AM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •