Thread: Windows VPS

Windows VPS

Can anybody tell me about a windows vps? how is it working... how to install softwares on it.. More details please.

A windows VPS is exactly the same as a windows dedicated server, only that your resources (CPU, disk and RAM) are a share of a host server (more powerful server). Have a read over what the definition of a VPS is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

You can connect to a Windows VPS with Remote Desktop from your computer.
    You have full control to install any software on your VPS.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL SmarterMail Enterprise

Well a windows VPS will be doing all the same things that a windows dedicated server do , however the resources will be virtual since its a VPS.
    In short same as you operate your workstation of windows operating system
    || 24x7CloudServerManagement | Server Management & Technical Support ||
    || Hosting Infrastructure & Customer Service Mangement 24x7 | Cpanel Server Management ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com ||

Certain virtualization layers also do not allow certain applications to be installed. NetDrive, for example, cannot be installed on a Windows 2008 server powered by Virtuozzo. I forget the term off-hand -- "kernel isolation" or something to that effect. It's not a separate Windows install, but rather Windows with VM isolation within a single OS install. This doesn't affect their use as web hosts, and quite a bit of software still installs fine.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Thank you all for the help. And if I buy a vpss with 512 mb ram, what will be the real power of the vps?

What programs are you wanting to run?

'Power of 512mb ram?'

For windows 2008 minimum recommended RAM is 2gb and also maximum supported ram is 4gb

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    maximum supported ram is 4gb
    That must be a typo.
    Windows 2008 RAM use varies by specific version. It can go into the terabytes.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    That must be a typo.
    Windows 2008 RAM use varies by specific version. It can go into the terabytes.
    He must be thinking about Windows 2008 32bit. People still use regular 2008 apparently . Windows 2008 R2 is 64bit and thus supports 32GB for example on standard. Jump on the 64bit train dewlancehosting and enjoy better performance among other things.
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required

I want to use some seo softwares on the vps like senukex, scrapebox, sick submitter . WHat will be the minimum specifications of the vps to can run this softwares ok.

Quote Originally Posted by johnston981 View Post
    I want to use some seo softwares on the vps like senukex, scrapebox, sick submitter . WHat will be the minimum specifications of the vps to can run this softwares ok.
    Most of VPS Providers not allow Harvesting, scanner, senukex, scrapebox or automated submitters... and If you did not ask question to your VPS provider then they can terminate your account.

Quote Originally Posted by DewlanceHosting View Post
    Most of VPS Providers not allow Harvesting, scanner, senukex, scrapebox or automated submitters... and If you did not ask question to your VPS provider then they can terminate your account.
    I'd be cautious running this kind of software. If you are respecting their network and are not being abusive, you should be fine.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Can anybody tell me about a windows vps? how is it working... how to install softwares on it.. More details please.
    It works the same as a Windows dedicated server. You get remote desktop access... you then connect via the Remote Desktop Protocol and handle your administration tasks. You could also setup automated jobs to handle your tasks etc.
    Linux & Windows Hosting Expert @ Contegix
    FedRAMP / HIPAA / PCI Compliant Cloud Solutions backed by 24x7x365 Technical Support
    Specializing in high traffic Drupal and WordPress compliant sites + highly customized solutions
    rjohnson@contegix.com -- 877-289-0395 x2018 -- www.Contegix.com

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Those are spam/abuse tools.
    || Need a good host?
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Yeah, that's not going to happen. Those are spam/abuse tools.
    He can use windows vps located in russian they ignore dmca and spam servers with high speed