Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need help with ddos hosting

Right now I'm hosted with blacklotus but I have a lot of issues with them: load times with pages, random shutdowns, etc. and they doesn't give me a rapid response about these issues.

I have seen a lot of bad reviews and opinions about them so I think they are not serious.

I would like to know other alternatives from people who have been changed to another host

I'm looking for a similar (or better) priced hosting with a good DDoS protection level.

I appreciate your responses and sorry fot my bad english

I'd recommend Staminus.net
    Frank Laszlo - Developer
    Franksworld Solutions, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLaszlo View Post
    I'd recommend Staminus.net
    Thanks for your response.

Maybe a separate hosting + DDoS protection service?

I was hosted with hostgator and I have had no problems with them until the DDoS attack.

I assume this is shared web hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by Exerox View Post
    I assume this is shared web hosting?
    No. It's a dedicated web hosting and it cost me $229 per month. Is not worth the money. I'm very frustrated with them. That's why I'm looking other alternatives.

staminus is a lot cheaper. You can get a small dedi for less than $100/month.

Processor: E6300 Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz
    RAM: 2048MB
    Disk: 160GB
    Bandwidth: 3000GB

Base Price: $75.00
    Frank Laszlo - Developer

staminus is a lot cheaper. You can get a small dedi for less than $100/month.

Processor: E6300 Core 2 Duo 1.86 GHz
    RAM: 2048MB
    Disk: 160GB
    Bandwidth: 3000GB

Base Price: $75.00
    They offer only a basic DDoS attack protection. It will be enought? have you been suffer a DDoS attack? what are your experiences with staminus?

Quote Originally Posted by joserod View Post
    No. It's a dedicated web hosting and it cost me $229 per month. Is not worth the money. I'm very frustrated with them. That's why I'm looking other alternatives.
    There may be some confusion here, our $229.00 service is shared web hosting. If you would like to PM me your ticket number, I would be happy to look into the matter for you.

We never take more than a few minutes to reply to a ticket, so your complaint is quite odd to me.

Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    There may be some confusion here, our $229.00 service is shared web hosting. If you would like to PM me your ticket number, I would be happy to look into the matter for you.

We never take more than a few minutes to reply to a ticket, so your complaint is quite odd to me.
    shared hosting? I remember a Blacklotus agent saying me that this was a dedicated server. Anyway I have a lot of problems. You say that your hosting never take more than a few minutes but if you see my ticket It was opened 12 hours ago and still opened, what can I think about your technical support service? I'll PM you with the ticket number.

What kind of of website do you run?

Quote Originally Posted by shvinod View Post
    What kind of of website do you run?
    Nothing special. A natural medicine related site with a lot of traffic. In fact, the site doesn't belongs to me, but my wife

Quote Originally Posted by joserod View Post
    shared hosting? I remember a Blacklotus agent saying me that this was a dedicated server. Anyway I have a lot of problems. You say that your hosting never take more than a few minutes but if you see my ticket It was opened 12 hours ago and still opened, what can I think about your technical support service? I'll PM you with the ticket number.
    Thanks for the PM. I have escalated this to our VP of Operations who is looking into the deficiency. We will reply back in ticket within the next few minutes.

I would do a few searches here, I've noticed a few providers offering great DDoS Protection. But, I would look some where else then Staminus. There network has gone down hill, and with there recent outages and problems they're having ever sense they migrated all there clients and gear into there own data center. You would think it would of improved the company, but to me and many others that had servers with them think something else.

I used to chat with the owner of Staminus on the Eris Free IRC Network, and they used to be a very large DDoS Protected IRC-Allowed Dedicated Server provider, and one of the best's out there... They then were growing so large and expanded and transitioned all the gear and clients over to there own building/data center they launched and sense the move they've had alot of network issues, and also problems and complaints. The DDoS Protection is also not as good as it was few years ago... It's died down, and we actually packed up after 1 month of being in the new facility due to the poor network connectivity, I hear theyve improved the connectivity issues and that there ddos protection is more on a normal type now, and they nullroute effected IPs instead of there own filtering techniques.

But another top-provider for DDoS Protection if you don't mind the location - as they are located in Canada but offer a premium type network and a DDoS Protected network that is amazing, and from reports and reviews it's been very hard, almost impossible to bring down if you manage your server right and they do not nullroute. They know how to manage and operate it correctly. I would go ahead and check these guys out: GloboTech Communications. (GTCom)

Awknet are great, lookup for some reviews on them.

real ddos protection is expensive, may be you can consider some cdn service such as cloudflare?

Quote Originally Posted by Lincxu View Post
    real ddos protection is expensive, may be you can consider some cdn service such as cloudflare?
    Please note that cloudflare will not protect you from real ddos attack. I believe one of their staff explained about this that cloudflare is not to be used mainly for ddos protection unless they changed this already.

Real ddos protection is expensive my friend.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Post CloudFlare and DDoS

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Please note that cloudflare will not protect you from real ddos attack. I believe one of their staff explained about this that cloudflare is not to be used mainly for ddos protection unless they changed this already.

Real ddos protection is expensive my friend.
    That is true at this time. We can only help mitigate some attacks right now, but I don't want to give the impression we will help if you're having a massive attack (gbps). We will, however, look to expand DDoS protection in 2012.
    CloudFlare Community Evangelist

CloudFLare leaks IP's to hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Power2All View Post
    Source? (10 chars)
    Frank Laszlo - Developer

Post Hi Power2All,

We've actually talked about this issue in the past & we actually try to do as much as we can to NOT release the server IP if the complaint doesn't look valid. We are obligated to release the server ip with certain complaints (phishing, DMCA requests, legal requests from law enforcement, etc.) by law; other abuse complaints are reviewed on a case-by-case basis & based on the information provided. We've adjusted our policies several times already, including because of your specific case, and we will continue to adjust these policies if we find that someone is trying to manipulate the system.

Also: We are NOT an IP protection service & have never claimed to be. While going behind our proxy does provide a side benefit of not appearing in digs or nslookups with the server IP, there are other ways of getting a server IP address even if someone is sitting behind CloudFlare.
    CloudFlare Community Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by damoncloudflare View Post
    We've actually talked about this issue in the past & we actually try to do as much as we can to NOT release the server IP if the complaint doesn't look valid. We are obligated to release the server ip with certain complaints (phishing, DMCA requests, legal requests from law enforcement, etc.) by law; other abuse complaints are reviewed on a case-by-case basis & based on the information provided. We've adjusted our policies several times already, including because of your specific case, and we will continue to adjust these policies if we find that someone is trying to manipulate the system.

Also: We are NOT an IP protection service & have never claimed to be. While going behind our proxy does provide a side benefit of not appearing in digs or nslookups with the server IP, there are other ways of getting a server IP address even if someone is sitting behind CloudFlare.

Hi,

We do know that your not a IP protection service, it's a "side effect".
    What I am worried about, is, even though you say you check it by a case-by-case situation, somehow your giving out IP's to a hackers community, for the 2nd time in a row.
    Somehow it does sound that the changes whe're not good enough yet to prevent hackers from obtaining IP's or any information that your service is hosting.
    My server has been targetted with DDoS straight after when they told me they obtained the IP address from you, and it just hurts the service I am offering, legal or illegal eitherway.

DMCA has it seems loopholes that makes it possible for anybody to send in forged information about any server, and gaining information about the server hosted behind your network.

As your ToS and agreement states, you only deliver IP's to verified organisations that need this information, but with the action of handing it out to anybody that is not involved with any DMCA actions, sounds fishy and weird.

Eitherway, I think you need again to check up seriously on how to handle DMCA's, since directly handing out information is just plainly wrong, and could put a lot of networks and servers into trouble.

I understand that your bound to USA laws, which makes the DMCA possible, but try to think for the customer using your service as well, as they will get in serious trouble cause of a 2nd party which is only used for acceleration.

P.S.: Excuses for my English, I'm Dutch so my English ain't perfect ^^

Source? (10 chars)
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1107567

Hi,

We do know that your not a IP protection service, it's a "side effect".
    What I am worried about, is, even though you say you check it by a case-by-case situation, somehow your giving out IP's to a hackers community, for the 2nd time in a row.
    Somehow it does sound that the changes whe're not good enough yet to prevent hackers from obtaining IP's or any information that your service is hosting.
    My server has been targetted with DDoS straight after when they told me they obtained the IP address from you, and it just hurts the service I am offering, legal or illegal eitherway.

DMCA has it seems loopholes that makes it possible for anybody to send in forged information about any server, and gaining information about the server hosted behind your network.

As your ToS and agreement states, you only deliver IP's to verified organisations that need this information, but with the action of handing it out to anybody that is not involved with any DMCA actions, sounds fishy and weird.

Eitherway, I think you need again to check up seriously on how to handle DMCA's, since directly handing out information is just plainly wrong, and could put a lot of networks and servers into trouble.

I understand that your bound to USA laws, which makes the DMCA possible, but try to think for the customer using your service as well, as they will get in serious trouble cause of a 2nd party which is only used for acceleration.

P.S.: Excuses for my English, I'm Dutch so my English ain't perfect ^^
    So let me get this straight. You are taking advantage of a side-effect of a FREE service by hiding behind their IPs. Your public IP would have been available to everyone if it weren't for a side-effect of this service. You're IP was released, and now you're complaining about this FREE service because of it. Get some real DDoS protection, stop thread-jacking and stop complaining. Thanks.
    My personal blog -- rubiverse.net

Quote Originally Posted by flam316 View Post
    So let me get this straight. You are taking advantage of a side-effect of a FREE service by hiding behind their IPs. Your public IP would have been available to everyone if it weren't for a side-effect of this service. You're IP was released, and now you're complaining about this FREE service because of it. Get some real DDoS protection, stop thread-jacking and stop complaining. Thanks.
    Did you read everything or are you wanking off on your keyboard ?
    If you read the thing I explained properly, free or not, they are abided to some rules and laws in that specific country.
    Releasing IP information that has to be done via DMCA, and giving it out to random hacker people, is bad ok ?
    The free part comes into play because its easier to setup then to pay every month a amount.
    If CloudFlare wasn't around, I would have used a payed service, or figured out something else, but at this moment, we are hooked with CloudFlare, but since they don't care about the customer, since by releasing the IP, they put my server in trouble.
    If they checked the DMCA request, and found out it was incorrect, nothing would have happened, you catch my point ?

They have no responsibility to check the validity of a DMCA takedown notice. Its part of the safe harbor provisions that they MUST respond to the complaints if they are properly formatted. If they do not, they can be held liable for the copyright infringement.

I'd suggest you understand how US law works before trying to use a US company as a front to try to protect yourself from DoS attacks.
    Frank Laszlo - Developer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast