Hello,

My name is Tom Whiting. I've been doing business here and there for a number of years, and am looking to expand my horizons a bit, and to make a bit of money while doing so.

A bit about me:
I've been working with php and mysql based programs for about 6, 7 years now. Where I REALLY shine is the Linux OS, and debugging things, which I've been doing for 10-15 years.

I started out taking a text based mud (multi user dimension, pre-EQ MMO) and making it compatable with php-nuke, adding modules to nuke, and moved from there.

For the past few years, I've been working intensely with php and mysql, converting websites to 'smarty' (much easier to work with), designing CMS' for my own use, and for clients. A few examples (from the ground up):
my own website (business)

Other sites I've built using various software, from the ground up:
TV On The Brain, a television and entertainment discussion website
RCPM, a fan website (much of the custom stuff down at this time, but it's there).

I've worked closely with Geeklog, maintaining themes and templates through Geek Downloads, though that's been set aside for quite some time as it's a personal project of mine
I've developed, run, and maintained numerous free forum hosts, skinning, adding to forums (phbb, smf, mybb)
I do a fair amount of vbulletin modification and setups for clients who don't have the know how to do it, or just don't have the time to.

I've managed to migrate databases from application to application quite easily. A few examples:
  • WHMCS support -> kayako
  • Geeklog -> Wordpress
  • SupportTrio -> WHMCS
  • Modernbill -> WHMCS (more complete version)
  • AWBS -> Modernbill
  • s9y -> Wordpress

That's not a FULL list, I'm sure there's a few I'm forgetting.

A bit about what I'm looking for:
I'm not looking for full time employment (unless you're offering a very large salary).
I've maintained client relationships for 5+ years, but I'm looking to build and expand more of them.
I'm basically looking for work, any kind of work I can get my hands on that will allow me to remain independent, yet still allow me to build relationships with clients.
Rates will depend on the project itself. Please, feel free to Contact Me if you have any questions about them, or to just talk about what you'd like to have done.

Understandably feedback is important, so you can find some pretty good feedback
here (multiple dates),
here (12-04-2002),
here (04-18-2003),
here (06-10-2004),
here (11-06-2004),
here (01-04-2005),
here (08-29-2005),
here (03-16-2006),
here (07-21-2006),
here (01-05-2007),
here (01-09-2007),
here (05-14-2007),
here (05-13-2007),
and here (04-05-2008)

I appreciate you reading through this, and look forward to working with you. If you have any questions at all, please contact me

Tom Whiting