Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs down Can a country (Like India) be a factor to be denied services??

Hello Everyone,

I have been in the VOIP business for quite sometime now. I was using the services of Voip.Ms (rated good). But due to lack of international DID numbers I had to try a few other providers. I narrowed down on MyDivert.com (looked nice at first).

So I just signed up on their website and it threw an error "Service unavailable in India". I was surprised at first but then thought let's just contact them. So I tried to contact them. I mailed sales@mydivert.com at first. No reply after 24 hours. So I thought of mailing the following ID's also:
    support@mydivert.com
    accounts@mydvert.com

After about 24 hours (total of 48 hours now), I received a reply from accounts@mydivert.com that they cannot provide services to people in India and the reason given was that a number of criminal call centers operate from India

I calmed myself down and mailed them that we are a genuine company and we can provide all relevant documents and proofs required. Moreover, I told them that they can even disable outgoing calls if there is any doubt of "Criminal Call Centers".

After again waiting for about 12 hours, I asked them for any update on my query (seems I was too eager to ask again after waiting for 12 hours). The reply I received was a reply that could never have been expected during a pre-sales inquiry.

"I have already informed you 3 times that we do not provide services in India"

Shocked at first, the next thing I did was check my SPAM folder But strangely there was no mail from any of their ID's. Just one initial email saying that they can't provide service in India reached my Mailbox (Don't know where rest of the 2 mails landed)

I am seriously disappointed not with the fact that they denied service due to an unreasonable reason but the way they acted and handled everything. It seems they now have too much clients to handle already and does not care of any new prospective clients.

Any feedback to my incident or any experience you have with this provider MyDivert.com will be appreciated.

A company can decide on their own who they wish to do business with. If they don't want to business with selection countries, that's their business - find another company that accepts custom from your country.
    Big things coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    A company can decide on their own who they wish to do business with. If they don't want to business with selection countries, that's their business - find another company that accepts custom from your country.
    I must agree with this but these should have nothing to do with color or race otherwise this can be a serious discrimination. I might suspect some bad reputation or history of bad experience from the past from the site but nevertheless those reasons should be backed up with deep rules and regulations the host is implementing. The reasons are many to mention here.

I agree with Nick. The host make there own rules, you I guess are SOL. Sorry
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by webhostinggeek View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have been in the VOIP business for quite sometime now. I was using the services of Voip.Ms (rated good). But due to lack of international DID numbers I had to try a few other providers. I narrowed down on MyDivert.com (looked nice at first).

So I just signed up on their website and it threw an error "Service unavailable in India". I was surprised at first but then thought let's just contact them. So I tried to contact them. I mailed sales@mydivert.com at first. No reply after 24 hours. So I thought of mailing the following ID's also:
    support@mydivert.com
    accounts@mydvert.com

After about 24 hours (total of 48 hours now), I received a reply from accounts@mydivert.com that they cannot provide services to people in India and the reason given was that a number of criminal call centers operate from India

I calmed myself down and mailed them that we are a genuine company and we can provide all relevant documents and proofs required. Moreover, I told them that they can even disable outgoing calls if there is any doubt of "Criminal Call Centers".

After again waiting for about 12 hours, I asked them for any update on my query (seems I was too eager to ask again after waiting for 12 hours). The reply I received was a reply that could never have been expected during a pre-sales inquiry.

Shocked at first, the next thing I did was check my SPAM folder But strangely there was no mail from any of their ID's. Just one initial email saying that they can't provide service in India reached my Mailbox (Don't know where rest of the 2 mails landed)

I am seriously disappointed not with the fact that they denied service due to an unreasonable reason but the way they acted and handled everything. It seems they now have too much clients to handle already and does not care of any new prospective clients.

Any feedback to my incident or any experience you have with this provider MyDivert.com will be appreciated.
    I am from India. And I can tell you that there are a lot of call centres that are running over here that are against the provisions of the Department of Telecommunications. Although criminal is not the right word, but trust me that DoT rules are tight. And, many companies and call centres do not pay any regard to DoT rules until the law catches up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by premium20 View Post
    I am from India. And I can tell you that there are a lot of call centres that are running over here that are against the provisions of the Department of Telecommunications. Although criminal is not the right word, but trust me that DoT rules are tight. And, many companies and call centres do not pay any regard to DoT rules until the law catches up with them.
    Not to mention that by extending services (especially telco) to an organization in a different country brings your business under the purview of their laws (and telco taxes). Lots of small/medium sized businesses don't want to deal with the hassle of having to keep track of the discrete sets of laws for multiple regions. A quick google search turned up an application fee, licensing fee, and 'performance bank guarantee' escrow fees upwards of $200,000 USD for internet-based voice communications providers (http://www.dot.gov.in/ispt/isptindex.htm)
    Secure 99.9%+ Uptime Custom VPS and Shared Hosting Solutions
    Penetration Testing and Security Audits
    Eclipze Computing LLC

Angry

"Criminal Call Centers in India"
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

looks like lots of frauds/spammers are originating from India causing trouble to innocent Indians as well

- Nexus Bytes LLC- Ryzen powered NVME VPS and web hosting, packed with perks and love!
    - Entry Bytes - Affordable VPS Cheap quality
    - USA (NYC | Miami | LA) | Europe (London, UK | Naaldwijk, NL) | Asia Pacific (Singapore | Japan | Australia)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post

- They not sleep whole night for scamming peoples..
    Dewlance® Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller - US/UK/EU/FRK/CA - SSD
    WHMCS ReadyMadeKB - Tutorials for cPanel/InterWorx/Softaculous& Growing..
    DemoTiger.com - Buy Demo Videos for your Hosting Company

Suprising, I always assumed Nigeria and Russia are the two hot spots for criminal activity on the internet. A lot of legitimate internet business operate in India. I'm sorry for your situation as it does appear the bad eggs are ruining it for the good businesses

I think the OP is not disappointed due to the fact service was denied. It is absolutely normal for any company to decide who they want to do business with. But the way they handled it

Also, the illegal activities are not only taking place from a particular country. The scammers can be from USA, Nigeria, Russia, or any other location too. If the OP was ready to provide all the relevant documents, then I believe he should have been given a chance

I personally won't go with a company that is this rude
    ServerGuy.com - Indian Cloud Servers | Managed AWS | Managed Digital Ocean | Managed DevOps
    High Performance Enterprise Servers • Premium Network • Experienced and Empathetic Support
    Like us on Facebook - FB.com/ServerGuy | Follow @theserverguy on Twitter

I'm not sure if this is discrimination or not. Sure a host can make their own rules but they can't discriminate. Ie, you can't refuse a customer because of their race just because that is the rule you decide to make. I've never heard of someone refusing based on country (other than the countries prohibited by US law due to sanctions). However, they are entitled to make you go through a hefty screening/verification process.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    I'm not sure if this is discrimination or not. Sure a host can make their own rules but they can't discriminate. Ie, you can't refuse a customer because of their race just because that is the rule you decide to make. I've never heard of someone refusing based on country (other than the countries prohibited by US law due to sanctions). However, they are entitled to make you go through a hefty screening/verification process.
    ServerGuy.com - Indian Cloud Servers | Managed AWS | Managed Digital Ocean | Managed DevOps
    High Performance Enterprise Servers • Premium Network • Experienced and Empathetic Support
    Like us on Facebook - FB.com/ServerGuy | Follow @theserverguy on Twitter

Many hosts block certain countries, Maxmind even has an option to block high risk countries.

Deal with it. Yes, you can be denied services. You can't do anything about it. Period.

A company can deny you service if the choose to.

This is weird
    They should at least try you first
    they should request documents from you after that they can decide if they want to provide service to you or not

Well its bad they can just tag a whole country like this !! :/

Quote Originally Posted by webhostinggeek View Post
    Hello Everyone,

support@mydivert.com
    accounts@mydvert.com

Thats just the way it goes - some company's block countires as 99% of there orders are fraud, i would do the same, theres a good chance you won't know it's fraud until a couple of months down the line and they have benefited from your services in that time or used them for other purposes.

And verifying orders with documentation is not a hard thing to bypass these days so straight out block is the safest way
    SafeSrv.net - Secure Hosting, VPN and Management Services.
    WHMCS FreeRADIUS VPN Module. - Build a fully featured VPN business in no time.

Perhaps the supplier could be a better person in dealing with the customer (even if not thought of providing the service)
    Business in a Box & Adsense WebSites
    ---------------------------

We used to require manual signup for several regions. Don't blame the host, blame the massive amounts of fraud/chargebacks that those regions generate.

Just find another provider.

I'm sure you'll find one easily.

I have never seen a single bad order from India, all clients were and are great and very technical which is fun to work with.

for a host not to accept based on location , the only sane reason would be due to quality of service.
    normally when a client asks us about hosting VOIP machines, our first demand is a traceroute and pings to our various locations.

Have you taken into consideration the bandwidth and call quality you get from them?

VOIP is tricky to manage when you have high latency the call quality might not be the best.. this might lead to issues with unhappy clients.

I have seen this happen when a local provider used a VPS from a very far host for his voip server, then he moved to my rack which is globally closer to his end users, and he was able to reduce his support tickets by 95% by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by beastserv View Post
    I have never seen a single bad order from India, all clients were and are great and very technical which is fun to work with.

for a host not to accept based on location , the only sane reason would be due to quality of service.
    normally when a client asks us about hosting VOIP machines, our first demand is a traceroute and pings to our various locations.

Have you taken into consideration the bandwidth and call quality you get from them?

VOIP is tricky to manage when you have high latency the call quality might not be the best.. this might lead to issues with unhappy clients.

I have seen this happen when a local provider used a VPS from a very far host for his voip server, then he moved to my rack which is globally closer to his end users, and he was able to reduce his support tickets by 95% by doing so.
    But someone might... some countries are very high risk and they don't want to take risks. Might be very usual when company is just starting and doesnt' want few bad apples to ruin things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast