Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    thank you for the information. It's interesting that overselling isn't the issue.

The site is the most of the time very slow. It sometimes gets fast especially after a server crash. Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by aisman View Post
    yougetsignal.com
    This site is not at all accurate. I wish people would quit referring to it.
    I'd get more accurate numbers from a crystal ball.

Beyond that, the number of domains is a measure of nothing, given that it comes without context.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Hi aisman,

I'm glad to see that there is further discussion going on about this topic. I just don't think its fair that you are publicly putting down InMotion Hosting and refusing to put up and specific details. I can understand that you're upset with our services and that you want to warn others, this is perfectly fine. What I don't understand is why you won't let us discuss your server's performance technically, you know, with numbers / facts. This is a discussion forum after all, let's have some discussion! Feel free to PM some more details about your account. I could then post info about your site / server without ever mentioning your domain or any other account details.

Thanks,
    - Brad

Quote Originally Posted by imh-bradm View Post
    Hi aisman,

I'm glad to see that there is further discussion going on about this topic. I just don't think its fair that you are publicly putting down InMotion Hosting and refusing to put up and specific details. I can understand that you're upset with our services and that you want to warn others, this is perfectly fine. What I don't understand is why you won't let us discuss your server's performance technically, you know, with numbers / facts. This is a discussion forum after all, let's have some discussion! Feel free to PM some more details about your account. I could then post info about your site / server without ever mentioning your domain or any other account details.

Thanks,
    - Brad
    I'm sorry if you feel not right treated. Tell me what tests I should run. Keep in mind that everything is fine with ping and server speed (provided the server isn't down or about to go down). The speed always goes down when hardware performance is needed.

Try spyonweb.com

You need to remember it will not show you the number of sites. Only the number of domains on a server.

There is one web host that has 118 domains pointing at one site

Did you ever ask to be moved to another server?

Quote Originally Posted by zipdadoda View Post
    Try spyonweb.com

You need to remember it will not show you the number of sites. Only the number of domains on a server.

There is one web host that has 118 domains pointing at one site

Did you ever ask to be moved to another server?
    Thanks for the site.

The result is 579 domains

Yes, I am going to leave inmotion hosting next month.

I'm sorry if you feel not right treated. Tell me what tests I should run. Keep in mind that everything is fine with ping and server speed (provided the server isn't down or about to go down). The speed always goes down when hardware performance is needed.

Preferably I would like to browse your website. I'm curious to see what software you're using and how intensive the site appears to be.

Thanks for the site.
    The result is 579 domains
    Yes, I am going to leave inmotion hosting next month.

I've worked in our Systems Team in the past, and I can tell you that we monitor our servers very closely. It only takes one bad website to take down a server, so looking at the number of domains on a server really isn't a good metric. We could technically have a server with only 10 websites on it, but if one of those websites, is poorly optimized, running many and long queries, or maybe is getting tons of traffic, all 10 websites on the server could see a degradation in service.

Thanks imh-bradm but as I said, I don't need one more inmotion representative to tell me that the server is fine.

I gave you guys already three chances to check the situation. That's more than fair.

Tell me tests and I'll perform them for you.

Thanks imh-bradm but as I said, I don't need one more inmotion representative to tell me that the server is fine.
    I gave you guys already three chances to check the situation. That's more than fair.
    Tell me tests and I'll perform them for you.

One of the first troubleshooting steps I would take is running your website though an online test, such as:
    * http://gtmetrix.com/
    * http://tools.pingdom.com/
    * http://developer.yahoo.com/yslow/

I'd be interested in seeing all sorts of data, such as how large your page is, how many images you're loading, how many external scripts you're calling, etc.

Hi again aisman. I just wanted to touch base once more on this issue with a bit of background.

I've worked for InMotion Hosting for over 4 years now. Our company has grown a lot over the last 4 years, and I have a lot of pride in working here. I can understand that we can't thrill 100% of our customers (I doubt any company can), but when I hear that we're dropping the ball, I'd like to know why so we can fix it.

I can understand that your mind is made up and you're leaving InMotion Hosting. I've had bad experiences myself with other technical support departments, and can understand how frustrating it can be when you know you're right but the reps on the other end of the phone can't connect the dots.

My goal is not to come into a public forum and say, "you're wrong, the server is fine". Something may very well be wrong, and I'd like to fix it so other users don't have to go through the same issue as yourself. I'd rather make mistakes and learn from them rather then try to hide things.

Sorry to be long winded. If you'd like to rip apart one of our servers and pinpoint a problem, I'm happy to be the "man on the inside" and get you some good data that our Tier1 Support Reps may not have access to!

The site has around 10,000 pages. A single page usually doesn't have more than 10 images. Usually the images don't have a high resolution. The server always makes problems when a site is loaded which has nodes connected to other pages.

I just ran yslow. Very nice tool. Thanks for the recommendation. Well, most of it is green with an A in front. Five points have a F in front. Some of the F's are necessary since we're still in development process. But there are also some which are not.

I'll inform my developer regarding that test and get back to you as soon I know more.

I talked to one of mine developer. He sais the same. The main reason we've got a grade D in yslow is that we're in development hence we haven't reduced javascripts, CSS files etc. as one file.

Quote Originally Posted by aisman View Post

You should give them ticket numbers, your domain name or something (if you do not want other people to see it send him a private message on this forum)

I really do not see a reason why mods should not clean this topic down to 1 page and lock it if you do not want to provide more information.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12