contacting support/sales department, which method you prefer to use?

just want to know which method most of user here prefer to use to contact they hosting provider support/sales department,

1. live chat
    2. support ticket
    3. others (name it)

btw, how to make poll on this forum?

I would use Option 1

It really depends on the problem I am having. If its pre-sales or something simple I am happy to use livechat but I never expect it to be staffed with higher level staff. If its technical and not priority i'd use email/tickets and if its priority/emergency I would then like to use a phone support system. I know some hosts that offer messengers, skype, etc. but i've never been one to really use them.
    Jay Weissman
    LeopardHost.com | Modern and affordable hosting solutions
    Powered by LiteSpeed and CloudLinux | Cpanel/WHM | Sitebuilder
    Free .COM or .NET for life! | Expert Support | 7 Years in Business

It is always nice to speak with someone live instead of tickets. It is also quicker in some regards.

It depends on the issue or question i have, sometimes being able to talk to someone in real time is nice, however other times (especially for non urgent items, opening a ticket is sufficient).
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

I've said many times I rarely do business with a company that has no phone number. If I have a problem I really don't want to wait for an email answer.
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

My first choice is live chat if available and my second choice would be a support ticket or a direct phone call if my issue is very important.

I prefer to use support tickets. Since I can think about what I need to say and how I need to respond.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

I say it depends on the reason why your trying to contact them. I usually go with live support if online but if not then I would send in a ticket.

Though live chat is fast, problems are better handled using ticket support. If it is a technical issue, open a ticket.

If you just want to be clarify on an issue you may use live chat if it is offered by the host.
    █▌ Cheapest Domain Registration Service & Shared Hosting Solutions .
    █▌ Skrill, Perfect Money, AdvCash, Webmoney,Monero, Neteller, BitCoin, Payeer, Crypto.
    █▌ Instant Domain Name Registration - Over 700+ Extensions x3reg.com!

first and second most probably.

Live chat will be useful on urgent situations like downtime or any major trouble with your server/site as you cannot wait for a long time to get responses on your tickets. New sales contacts will be also nice with chats.

For the rest I suggest to use the mails or ticketing system..

Live chat for urgent requests.

Support tickets for not so urgent requests or more detailed support required.

Though I prefer live chat in most instances, except billing.

I prefer Ticket Support, then if this is emergency, you can go to live chat. Telephone is bad way, just when I have big issue.

Live support is a great tool, When I'm looking for a host if its there then its an added bonus but I won't be put off by a host that doesn't have it. Usually the way for support is through tickets as if they are technical problems then they often need some investigation and it wouldn't be worth either the live chat operators time or your time to just sit on the live chat.

I prefer the first option.........live chat.......

I send an email, which opens a Ticket

I have been with my provider (OLM.NET) since December 2001. I always communicate with their Support or Sales departments by sending them an email. That creates a Ticket in their system, with a Tracking Number.

Their Support Department answers emails on a priority basis, which is how I want them to do it. Minor issues are handled after major issues are handled.

OLM does have phone support, however, I have never called them on the phone.

With an exchange of emails, there is a history of the issue and what information has been provided for that Tracking Number.

In Live Chat, or, on the phone, it would be extremely difficult to provide the information/documentation that one can provide in an email.

Note to Moderators: I will report a domain hosted on OLM.NET since December 2001, after I post this message, if possible.

Ticket support,and for emergencies calling
    Coming soon...