hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : whmcs knoweledgebase articles

Forum Jump

whmcs knoweledgebase articles

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Web Hosting Guru

whmcs knoweledgebase articles

Hi guys,

I've seen some people with almost the exact knowledgebase articles, and some very small hosting companies and one or two large ones.

Where does one get/buy these?

-N

Operated by AllWorldIT | www.allworldit.com | Since 2008

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 01:41 PM
Junior Guru

I'd like to know the answer, too

Old 11-25-2011, 02:45 PM
Junior Guru

Check on WHMCS forums in the "User Contributions" or was it "Marketplace".

I recall two times someone offering pre-populated knowledge base articles. I think one was a auto script.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Value Expert

This prefabricated stuff is also sold around here.

Backups
Monitor your uptime easily!

Old 11-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkukard View Post
Where does one get/buy these?
To be honest I have looked into buying these and their not worth it from my point of view, Just create your own as you go along.

24/7 Ticket + Phone + Live Chat Support | Fancy An Offer > | Visit Our Special Offers

Old 11-30-2011, 03:36 AM
Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
To be honest I have looked into buying these and their not worth it from my point of view, Just create your own as you go along.
I agree. Every hosting company is run differently. It will mean more if you write the articles yourself and base them on actual questions/concerns/comments from your customers.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:33 PM

eloadye 70

I'll chime in here, as someone who *just* bought a pre-populated KB for WHMCS.

Overall, for a handful of dollars, you get a good starting point. Rather than writing the mundane cPanel articles (how to add a domain, how to configure email, etc), those are already done, and those are pretty standard, regardless of the company and the server. cPanel is cPanel, for the most part.

I did spend quite a bit of time, however, tweaking the rest of the content. I bought a KB that came with 180 questions, and I think I deleted 30 or so. Not because there was anything wrong with them, but because they didn't pertain to our model (we don't sell SSL certs, or dedicated IPs, for example.)

I cleaned up quite a bit of the content, too. It was clear that the one I bought wasn't written by someone who speaks English as a native language.

All in all, was it worth $25 to not have to write a ton of articles myself? Yes. It was a good starting point, but in the end there is no "just turn it on" solution for the KB, you'll have to at least add some articles about your pricing, refund policy, support hours, etc.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjjdesigns View Post
I'll chime in here, as someone who *just* bought a pre-populated KB for WHMCS.

Overall, for a handful of dollars, you get a good starting point. Rather than writing the mundane cPanel articles (how to add a domain, how to configure email, etc), those are already done, and those are pretty standard, regardless of the company and the server. cPanel is cPanel, for the most part.

I did spend quite a bit of time, however, tweaking the rest of the content. I bought a KB that came with 180 questions, and I think I deleted 30 or so. Not because there was anything wrong with them, but because they didn't pertain to our model (we don't sell SSL certs, or dedicated IPs, for example.)

I cleaned up quite a bit of the content, too. It was clear that the one I bought wasn't written by someone who speaks English as a native language.

All in all, was it worth $25 to not have to write a ton of articles myself? Yes. It was a good starting point, but in the end there is no "just turn it on" solution for the KB, you'll have to at least add some articles about your pricing, refund policy, support hours, etc.

I use demowolf tutorials far more effective to be honest...

24/7 Ticket + Phone + Live Chat Support | Fancy An Offer > | Visit Our Special Offers

Old 11-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

it's better write articles baseb on your experience. or you can copy with their permission ...

Old 12-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Junior Guru

Any cheap alternative for demowolf? I just need a few tuts and kb to start with, i will just do the rest....

Old 12-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear,

Download this free
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV4V5DSF
whmcs collective knowledgebase

Old 12-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Junior Guru

Hi.
Thanks for the info, can you tell me which folder to upload this KB?

Old 12-10-2011, 05:14 AM
Oh, I'm a Gummy Bear,

under modules/admin/

Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 AM
Junior Guru

Hmm.. I guess this one needs me to login.. My whmcs is just an add up from another host from one of reseller accounts...

Old 12-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Community Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
Download this free
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV4V5DSF
whmcs collective knowledgebase
Can't say that I'd be willing to connect to someone else's server to retrieve and insert articles into my database on the fly like this. Too much access to my billing, and too "iffy" in general (hidden whois on the domain isn't helping). I'll continue to write my own, thanks.