Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1

    whmcs knoweledgebase articles

    Hi guys,

    I've seen some people with almost the exact knowledgebase articles, and some very small hosting companies and one or two large ones.

    Where does one get/buy these?

    -N
    █► Host On A Rope ~ “We won't make you bend for affordable hosting”.
    █► 24/7 SupportNo contract's, No Catch30 Day Money-Back State of the art servers
    █► www.hostonarope.com | AllWorldIT Product Range |
    Operated by AllWorldIT | www.allworldit.com | Since 2008

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    207
    I'd like to know the answer, too

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    181
    Check on WHMCS forums in the "User Contributions" or was it "Marketplace".

    I recall two times someone offering pre-populated knowledge base articles. I think one was a auto script.
    Erick T.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Midworld
    Posts
    1,814
    This prefabricated stuff is also sold around here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    9,760
    Quote Originally Posted by nkukard View Post
    Where does one get/buy these?
    To be honest I have looked into buying these and their not worth it from my point of view, Just create your own as you go along.
    LeapHost High Performance Fully Managed App Solutions Powered By NitroStack™
    Fast Dedicated Servers | 15+ Global Locations | Server Management Specialists
    Fly Faster With The Speed of Light! | Be A Talkative Soul > Visit Our LH Forums

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    To be honest I have looked into buying these and their not worth it from my point of view, Just create your own as you go along.
    I agree. Every hosting company is run differently. It will mean more if you write the articles yourself and base them on actual questions/concerns/comments from your customers.

  7. #7

    eloadye 70

    I'll chime in here, as someone who *just* bought a pre-populated KB for WHMCS.

    Overall, for a handful of dollars, you get a good starting point. Rather than writing the mundane cPanel articles (how to add a domain, how to configure email, etc), those are already done, and those are pretty standard, regardless of the company and the server. cPanel is cPanel, for the most part.

    I did spend quite a bit of time, however, tweaking the rest of the content. I bought a KB that came with 180 questions, and I think I deleted 30 or so. Not because there was anything wrong with them, but because they didn't pertain to our model (we don't sell SSL certs, or dedicated IPs, for example.)

    I cleaned up quite a bit of the content, too. It was clear that the one I bought wasn't written by someone who speaks English as a native language.

    All in all, was it worth $25 to not have to write a ton of articles myself? Yes. It was a good starting point, but in the end there is no "just turn it on" solution for the KB, you'll have to at least add some articles about your pricing, refund policy, support hours, etc.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    /etc/my.cnf
    Posts
    9,760
    Quote Originally Posted by mjjdesigns View Post
    I'll chime in here, as someone who *just* bought a pre-populated KB for WHMCS.

    Overall, for a handful of dollars, you get a good starting point. Rather than writing the mundane cPanel articles (how to add a domain, how to configure email, etc), those are already done, and those are pretty standard, regardless of the company and the server. cPanel is cPanel, for the most part.

    I did spend quite a bit of time, however, tweaking the rest of the content. I bought a KB that came with 180 questions, and I think I deleted 30 or so. Not because there was anything wrong with them, but because they didn't pertain to our model (we don't sell SSL certs, or dedicated IPs, for example.)

    I cleaned up quite a bit of the content, too. It was clear that the one I bought wasn't written by someone who speaks English as a native language.

    All in all, was it worth $25 to not have to write a ton of articles myself? Yes. It was a good starting point, but in the end there is no "just turn it on" solution for the KB, you'll have to at least add some articles about your pricing, refund policy, support hours, etc.

    I use demowolf tutorials far more effective to be honest...
    LeapHost High Performance Fully Managed App Solutions Powered By NitroStack™
    Fast Dedicated Servers | 15+ Global Locations | Server Management Specialists
    Fly Faster With The Speed of Light! | Be A Talkative Soul > Visit Our LH Forums

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Dallas,TX
    Posts
    61
    it's better write articles baseb on your experience. or you can copy with their permission ...
    Premium Web Hosting Multi Location
    HOSTING008.COM Since 2008

  10. #10
    Any cheap alternative for demowolf? I just need a few tuts and kb to start with, i will just do the rest....

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    3,585
    Download this free
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV4V5DSF
    whmcs collective knowledgebase

  12. #12
    Hi.
    Thanks for the info, can you tell me which folder to upload this KB?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    3,585
    under modules/admin/

  14. #14
    Hmm.. I guess this one needs me to login.. My whmcs is just an add up from another host from one of reseller accounts...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Middle Dearth
    Posts
    20,971
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriesN View Post
    Download this free
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CV4V5DSF
    whmcs collective knowledgebase
    Can't say that I'd be willing to connect to someone else's server to retrieve and insert articles into my database on the fly like this. Too much access to my billing, and too "iffy" in general (hidden whois on the domain isn't helping). I'll continue to write my own, thanks.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM
  2. WHMCS - Directadmin kb articles
    By Gold1234 in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
  3. Whmcs KB articles
    By cybosapien in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 11:45 PM
  4. WHMCS Kbase 106 Articles just $25!!
    By bdwarr6 in forum Other Web Hosting Related Offers
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM
  5. WHMCS Kbase 106 Articles just $25!!
    By bdwarr6 in forum Other Offers & Requests
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •