hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : Godaddy Simple Control Panel Apache/Tomcat error

Forum Jump

Godaddy Simple Control Panel Apache/Tomcat error

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Angry

Godaddy Simple Control Panel Apache/Tomcat error

Hello Everyone,

I have been using a VPS with Godaddy for some 2 years now. In their Simple Control Panel (SCP), they have recommendations for packages to upgrade on the system. I chose to upgrade the Tomcat package.

When I did I got an error with the following when trying to log back into their SCP:

====================

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findResourceInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1960)
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1749)
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:866)
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1319)
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1198)
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320)
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(index_jsp.java:56)
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.
Apache Tomcat/5.5.17
====================

I talked with Godaddy on it and they won't do anything about it - as usual. They said I would have to reprovision the server. Are you frickin' kidding me!?!?

I just want to be able to log back into the control panel. Anybody have any suggestions on what to do here. Since I can't control anything from their control panel anymore, it will all have to be done via telnet - which I'm not totally against, but I'm not an expert, just a novice unix user.

Please help. Thanks.

--
Ed

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

Godaddy is a domain registrar. Should do your hosting with a company that specializes in hosting and servers, not registering domains :-)

You will not find many good reviews of registrars and attempts at hosting as a side venture.

http://www.m3server.com

Old

Thanks, but that wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stach14 View Post
Godaddy is a domain registrar. Should do your hosting with a company that specializes in hosting and servers, not registering domains :-)

You will not find many good reviews of registrars and attempts at hosting as a side venture.

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

Sorry not much anyone can really say to assist you on this one, except godaddy. It is their control panel and service. My two cents is use a host not a domain registrar for hosting. Best of Luck

http://www.m3server.com