Looking for XEN reliable company in Europe

Hello

I am looking for more alternatives in buying a xen vps located in Europe

I've got so far quickweb, linode(a bit too expensive), thrustvps.

I would want some affordable prices and possibility to pay for 12-24 months (so not 1month contract only).

Also please recommend some already known companies. I wouldn't trust all those new resellers that just launched on the market. The company should be active for atleast 3 years old or so. ( no lowendtalk crap offers )

I was using giga-international till now and in my opinion giga-internation starts to oversell a lot even if they say 2GB is guaranteed, it's working like crap and i'm sure a xen server would be far more better for my forum.

Thank you in advance

What is affordable for you? I would recommend mentioning your budget as a lot of people seem to have insane expectations
    YISP - High Bandwidth dedicated servers and colocation in YISP-AS(Amsterdam)!

Racksrv.com have been around allot longer than 3 years, UK based and very stable.
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED Since 2010!
    -> I am most active on the lowendspirit hosting forum Come join us!
    -> PHOENIX USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU

Racksrv.com appears to be more expensive than Linode, probably not what the OP is looking for. Though, I haven't checked if they do promos.

Take a look at vooservers. Apart from Linode, they're the only UK provider I use that offer up to date OS templates. No archlinux template however.

Tuxlite.com Complete LAMP and LNMP script for Debian and Ubuntu.

Not too hard for you to get in fact. But at least you let us know what is your budget.
    What is the reason you said your current host's service is crap?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

well, some prices simillar to thrust vps would be nice.

i see they have xen vps in uk 1gb ram $12.95 USD Monthly and 1,5gb ram at $22.95 so these are pretty good prices but i would like some alternatives

Quickweb has a bit more expensive prices but they have a lot of promo codes

Well seems gigahosting is just overselling stuffs. Everything went just fine in the first few months but now resources get used way too fast, getting cpu spikes and i have made all possible mysql and apache optimizations.

For a forum with about 8K members but about 200-500 max active 2GB guaranteed should be more than enough right? But everything loads really slow
    Last edited by xander88; 11-23-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by devisz View Post
    well, some prices simillar to thrust vps would be nice.

i see they have xen vps in uk 1gb ram $12.95 USD Monthly and 1,5gb ram at $22.95 so these are pretty good prices but i would like some alternatives

Well seems gigahosting is just overselling stuffs. Everything went just fine in the first few months but now resources get used way too fast, getting cpu spikes and i have made all possible mysql and apache optimizations.

For a forum with about 8K members but about 200-500 max active 2GB guaranteed should be more than enough right? But everything loads really slow
    Yeah 2 GB should be fine with proper optimization of apache/mysql which you have already said you have done.

Were the problems occuring whilst there were a lot of concurrent users online, or at any time? That would help diagnose whether its a problem with your setup handling the load or whether its just the hardware node thats packed out.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Right so you want a long standing company with excellent services and a top notch service record......... at a low end price.

I would refer you in that case to http://96mb.com which has very detailed reviews and benchmarking for allot of hosts so you can see how the numbers stack up against price.

If you want a good performing 2GB VPS for your forum then you should plan a different budget, somewhere in between of $25 and $40.
    Since your forum will really be making good use of the resources a $10 VPS will not do.
    If you chose something cheaper then you will be on a system that is always oversold. You might get lucky and end up on a fresh node - but then it'll just get slower in a month or two...
    Check out my SSD guides for Samsung, HGST (Hitachi Global Storage) and Intel!

At any time VMPort. I've already announced the guys from gigahosting that these problems started weeks ago but all i got was an upgrade to os which wouldn't help, reinstall os and charging money for a technician to check their own network (doh)

I haven't told a want a $10 xen vps wartungsfenster. You should probably read the thread before posting. Those are my current specs from vServer (not OpenVZ)

Somewhere around $20-35$ would be fine. Also that's why i want to go with xen since i want to avoid overselling

@backtogeek, thanks but it's same thing with lowendbox / lowendtalk so it's useless

I haven't told a want a $10 xen vps wartungsfenster. You should probably read the thread before posting. Those are my current specs from vServer (not OpenVZ)

Somewhere around $20-35$ would be fine. Also that's why i want to go with xen since i want to avoid overselling
    I did, thats why I saw '2GB' and $22.95 good others more expensive but with discounts, so I assumed your goal is around $25. :>

Well, please don't think I just skipped over the actual questions and didn't mean to offend you either.

The one german provider I normally recommend (xencon.net) is still quite ouf of budget, but I guess that's more because they slept through some price adjustment.
    Check out my SSD guides for Samsung, HGST (Hitachi Global Storage) and Intel!

What's more import price or quality?
    Managed or unmanaged ?
    Control-panel or no control-panel ?
    Ultra High Performance UK VPS without compromise.
    HPe servers, Intel NVMe DC P3700/P4600 SSD
    https://clustered.net

Quote Originally Posted by reiteration View Post
    What's more import price or quality?
    Managed or unmanaged ?
    Control-panel or no control-panel ?
    Do you have that in a .txt file to copy and paste or something?
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

@backtogeek, thanks but it's same thing with lowendbox / lowendtalk so it's useless
    Well not really, lowendbox is just the raw offer, 96mb.com gives details performance measurements, I know the majority of the reviews are on low end style boxes but it gives you a far better tangible idea of how well the servers perform

Anyway, you want quality XEN in Europe with some track record

So you have (In no real order):

Racksrv
    eurovps
    vmport
    quickweb
    yourwebhoster.eu

If your budget is fixed and they are to expensive then I suggest you need to realign your expectations.

Like many customers that I come across these days in the industry - you want A LOT for very little, and I don't agree with this 'technique'.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a great fan of 'best bang for the buck' - but you must realize that if you want your mission-critical requirements to be answered in full, and not get daily interruptions and problems - you need to pay a price that will allow the host to provide such service.

Good luck!
    Maple-Hosting - Netherlands Dedicated Servers
    Award-Winning Highly-Customizable Dedicated Servers Since 2008

“After 14 months, I can’t give them less than 10/10 on all aspects!” - Read Our Customer Reviews

I've got so far quickweb, linode(a bit too expensive), thrustvps.
    You are right, Linode aren't the cheapest but they have an excellent service on offer in their London DC and you'll find them hard to beat.

My other personal favourite for Xen in Europe is Xtraordinary Networks (xtrahost.co.uk) in London -- their offerings offer excellent value and nightly image backups. Again, they aren't 'budget', but if you're after dependability, you can't fault them.

Go with Linode

Network/hardware/support = All fantastic.

Maple-Hosting, don't get me wrong but i haven't asked a lot for a little price as you say. No one asked here for a known company that sells 1gb ram xen for $10 I've just asked about some other alternatives except what i have found. Quick web and thrustvps are quite old and have a pretty good reputation already so thats why i've considered them an alternative to linode so instead of getting a 1gb ram xen from them i could get a 2gb from thrust for example.

Someone asked here what type of server. Well ... unmanaged as i know how to manage my own vps and no cpanel

Too all the others, thank you for sharing your recommandations