hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Looking for a dedicated server for Minecraft Hosting.

Forum Jump

Looking for a dedicated server for Minecraft Hosting.

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Looking for a dedicated server for Minecraft Hosting.

I may be starting up another minecraft server hosting company in a month or so and want to do it rite this time. Does anyone know of a place that rents dedicated servers that will give me the best value for my money? The more ram they offer the better.

Talking about hosting other servers. SATA works fine for hosting for now. Location can be anywhere in the US. Budget would be under $200/ dedicated server.

Thanks!

Last edited by Ianm56; 11-22-2011 at 05:57 PM.

Sponsored Links
Old
Head Geek

How many players? SSD or SATA? Location? Budget?

Dallas, TX and Seattle, WA Data Centers: SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber

Old
Internet Service Provider

Any location preference?

█ UNMETERED PREMIUM BANDWIDTH DEDICATED SERVERS / VIRTUAL PRIVATE SERVERS - ASK FOR OFFERS!

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Talking about hosting other servers. SATA works fine for hosting for now. Location can be anywhere in the US. Budget would be under $200/ dedicated server.

Old
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianm56 View Post
What specs are you looking for? Unmanaged Or Managed. You can get an intel atom for 200 dollars a month but you can also get a sandy bridge for 200 a month.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHost View Post
What specs are you looking for? Unmanaged Or Managed. You can get an intel atom for 200 dollars a month but you can also get a sandy bridge for 200 a month.
Not really caring too much about the processor as long as it's quad core. If there is one with a good managed price that would be cool, but if there is an unmanaged one cheaper then that's fine.

Old
/home/xenos

Are you looking for linux or windows?

Old
/home/xenos

If 16GB RAM is enough you can get good deals on Xeon E3 servers at Incinero, Talenthouse, and IOflood.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Linux of course.

Old
Junior Guru

How many players are you expecting? make sure you are on a quad core server with as much RAM as they can put in the box for you at your price range.

~ Webair Managed Cloud Servers ~ Dedicated Servers ~ Advanced CDN Network ~ Enterprise / Managed Hosting ~ ICANN Accredited Registrar ~ Multiple Data Center Locations - New York, Amsterdam, LA, & Montreal ~
~ SKYPE/AIM: WebairGH - TWITTER - @WEBAIRINC - EMAIL: sales@webair.com

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebairGerard View Post
How many players are you expecting? make sure you are on a quad core server with as much RAM as they can put in the box for you at your price range.
Yeah, I'm looking for a dedicated server to start up another server hosting company since my last one I had to end for certain reasons and know what not to do now lol. I used MeteorVPS before and the owners are great and their servers were good and fair priced but I'm looking for something a little cheaper if that is possible lol.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassHost View Post
I would suggest the Sandy Bridge over the atom.

Above.net • AT&T • Cogent • Global Crossing / Level(3) • NTT • Qwest • Sprint • Tinet • Telia • Verizon • XO

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

I was looking at ioflood and I defiantly like this processor. http://ark.intel.com/products/52271 What do you think about the prices?

Old
Head Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianm56 View Post
I was looking at ioflood and I defiantly like this processor. http://ark.intel.com/products/52271 What do you think about the prices?
Excellent for minecraft, high CPU clock speed. Great bang for the buck.

Dallas, TX and Seattle, WA Data Centers: SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
Excellent for minecraft, high CPU clock speed. Great bang for the buck.
This is about the E3-1230. I can second this. We have setup several minecraft servers with TONS of storage. SSD, SAS, etc and the CPU can keep up with just about anything.

The one thing that becomes the limiting factor on growth with the E3 CPU's... at this time it is not reasonable to go to more than 16GB ram. So you must make sure 16GB ram will be enough for your long term goals. Otherwise you will want to look at other CPU options.

Above.net • AT&T • Cogent • Global Crossing / Level(3) • NTT • Qwest • Sprint • Tinet • Telia • Verizon • XO