Relationship between BreatHost and KazeTech

Can you explain the relationship between BreatHost and KazeTech?

I applied for a trial and was surprised to receive a Welcome mail from KazeTech.

KazeTech website and client portal is down for last several days. Email to their support also gets unanswered. Even though their servers are running fine, I can't understand why is their main website down. Honestly speaking I'm worried about the whole KazeTech situation.

I would like to clear a few things up here.

There is no relationship between the companies Breathost and Kazetech. The companies are operated by seperate owners. We are just on the same network than Kazetech and normally there shouldn't be a welcome email from kazetech's email servers. Please forward me the email and sender you received.

1) I received two welcome mails. One from breathost.com domain. The other one is kazetech.com domain.

2) Both of them has same ip address for the trial server. So kazetech.com email is not an accidental one.

3) VPS control panel ip address provided by the welcome mail points to Kazetech's VPS control panel.

4) I have server from Kazetech.com and your new trial server is now listed together with my existing server.

5) Trial server IP address is in the same subnet of my existing Kazetech.com server.

I have already submitted a ticket (ticket no 784350) and provided you copies of welcome emails.

Quote Originally Posted by BreatHost View Post

There is no relationship between the companies Breathost and Kazetech. The companies are operated by seperate owners.
    Also same address on whois and same netblock upstream?

You know that if they did it once, they might do it again. Sebastian, who previously ran SynHost (dead pool December 2010), started BreatHost soon afterwards, and also created a separate brand “GerVPS” for his Germany low end box (although I did not post his deals there). Things start to crumble down at the end of May (see this WHT post), and their website no longer resolves on 21 June. Looks like Sebastian is a serial entrepreneur here so do look out for his new ventures.

kazetech.com and Breathost are same

TraceRoute to 99.192.244.202 [clients.breathost.com]
    Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
    1 0 0 0 206.123.64.46 -
    2 0 0 0 8.9.232.73 xe-5-3-0.edge3.dallas1.level3.net
    3 0 0 0 4.69.145.141 ae-3-80.edge4.dallas3.level3.net
    4 0 0 0 77.67.71.221 xe-2-3-0.dal33.ip4.tinet.net
    5 33 33 34 89.149.182.65 xe-5-0-0.mia10.ip4.tinet.net
    6 44 33 37 216.221.156.22 easy-online-gw.ip4.tinet.net
    7 33 33 33 99.192.244.11 ovza.kazetech.com
    8 33 33 33 99.192.244.202 clients.breathost.com

Trace complete

Quote Originally Posted by BreatHost View Post

There is no relationship between the companies Breathost and Kazetech. The companies are operated by seperate owners. We are just on the same network than Kazetech and normally there shouldn't be a welcome email from kazetech's email servers. Please forward me the email and sender you received.
    Hi Sebastian, what're you doing, trying to scam people again?

I've been following this topic since it was started. Can we take the silence as a sign of confession?

The situation with Kazetech is unbearable. I have a VPS with them and I can confirm that they are the very same IP block.

When I contacted their support for the first time, it took them (I mean, he) 7 days to respond that my VPS was down due to a problem with their OpenVZ node (WTF??? I have a KVM container!).

Now my VPS has been dead since last Thursday because they won't answer my ticket regarding a problem with their control panel VNC password management that is stopping me from logging into the console. It's Sunday already and I have no hope of seeing my service back up.

Oh, btw, the control panel itself is gone for a couple of days as well. AGAIN!

https://kvma.kazetech.com:4083
    http://kvma.kazetech.com:4082

So, if the fellow eveningiris is right about this Sebastian guy, it seems like he is paying a visit to the dead pool again. And I'm down 10 bucks...

I can confirm that Kazetech VPS Control Panel is down.

This is not the first time that their control panel is down. This entire month, either their VPS is down or their VPS control panel is down or their main website/client portal is down. When I asked why is this happening, they just ignored my tickets.

FYI, Breathost has been in the deadpool once before. To quote LowEndAdmin:

You know that if they did it once, they might do it again. Sebastian, who previously ran SynHost (dead pool December 2010), started BreatHost soon afterwards, and also created a separate brand “GerVPS” for his Germany low end box (although I did not post his deals there). Things start to crumble down at the end of May (see this WHT post), and their website no longer resolves on 21 June. Looks like Sebastian is a serial entrepreneur here so do look out for his new ventures.
    So this is the 3rd? 4th? offense?

Francisco

BreatHost twitted a couple of hours ago that they are deploying a new KVM node tomorrow, but not a single word here so far.

Just an interesting announcement I found over their website after a downtime:

At Breathost, we take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your; or our own expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to the previous owner Sebastian.
    Source: http://clients.breathost.com/announcements.php?id=1

I don't know. It may be the same person pretending to have sold the business so that people might think things will get better from now on. Either that or someone bought that domain along with the tough mission of fixing its credibility (in which case the new guy is not doing a very good job so far).

I just googled "BreatHost" and the two first results outside their domain are both that link to LEB's dead pool of June and a really bad review over here. Why would someone buy a VPS company with that kind of SE reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by eveningiris View Post
    kazetech.com and Breathost are same

TraceRoute to 99.192.244.202 [clients.breathost.com]
    Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
    1 0 0 0 206.123.64.46 -
    2 0 0 0 8.9.232.73 xe-5-3-0.edge3.dallas1.level3.net
    3 0 0 0 4.69.145.141 ae-3-80.edge4.dallas3.level3.net
    4 0 0 0 77.67.71.221 xe-2-3-0.dal33.ip4.tinet.net
    5 33 33 34 89.149.182.65 xe-5-0-0.mia10.ip4.tinet.net
    6 44 33 37 216.221.156.22 easy-online-gw.ip4.tinet.net
    7 33 33 33 99.192.244.11 ovza.kazetech.com
    8 33 33 33 99.192.244.202 clients.breathost.com

Trace complete
    Breathost could be hosted on Kazetech's VPS nodes, like how some people use Softlayer or shared web hosting to host their client area for WHMCS. It could be an innocent mistake but I'm not taking sides, just using the traceroute that you provided.

Quote Originally Posted by flvps View Post
    Breathost could be hosted on Kazetech's VPS nodes, like how some people use Softlayer or shared web hosting to host their client area for WHMCS. It could be an innocent mistake but I'm not taking sides, just using the traceroute that you provided.
    I want to update that I haven't received any response to my ticket from them so far. So I don't think it's a mistake.

Furthermore Kazetech's VPS and VPS Control Panel are down. It seems they are heading towards being in Deadpool. Their main website is up; but the site is broken.

If Breathost is using Kazetech's network, then we can safely assume that their VPS will be down too. Another candidate for Deadpool!

http://twitter.com/breathost

"Our provider has been arrested. Details will be posted soon."

Quote Originally Posted by linuxthefish View Post
    http://twitter.com/breathost

"Our provider has been arrested. Details will be posted soon."
    *lol* That is too funny!

what the hell?

Laughed when I saw it. The address on BreatHost's domain is a datacenter not owned by them, which was also used on KazeTech. There is clearly a relation between them, I think it is the same guy using different names.

Zulkhairi got arrested?\

Interesting, haha

I'm Sure Daniel Serjey is the same person, more like BreatHost director got arrested.

Zulkhairi was that displayed as the one getting our $ in paypal

Quote Originally Posted by linuxthefish View Post
    Looking at their Twitter feed, it looks like everything is constantly broken down, virtually every other day. Why on earth would anybody have signed up with them to being with? When I see a Twitter feed that is 100% complaints and excuses, I run away -- fast.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

yes they are very related.. my thread here:

/showthread.php?t=1121062

Quote Originally Posted by BreatHost on twitter
    Our provider has been arrested. Details will be posted soon.
    oh my god
    Web Developer