hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Cloud Hosting : GearHost Reviews

Forum Jump

GearHost Reviews

Reply Post New Thread In Cloud Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

GearHost Reviews

Hi,

I'm starting to like GearHost's offers and I'm thinking about subscribing to their services.

Has anyone ever dealt with them? I can't find many reviews even since they are established since 2000...

Thank you very much!

Sponsored Links
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Contact us today - sales@develvo.net

Old

I found those but they are all VERY outdated! Look at the dates:

01-28-03, 11:26 AM
01-14-03, 12:04 AM
08-09-02, 01:19 PM

There is no recent ones and I find that weird... Thanks anyways!

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

There are a lot more recent reviews online by going to popular review sites such as SitePoint, Microsoft, Yelp, etc.

Instantly deploy and scale your your apps with no code changes.

Old

You can check my quick overview review here:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=15

Old
Web Hosting Master Disaster

GearHost is terrible... don't do it... I see they are trying to make it back on WHT... I won't allow it.

Old

LOL?! What are you talking about? Over ten years I've been with quite a lot of good hosting companies, but none so far have given me better support and flexibility.

Maybe in the past they went through tough time, I don't know. But today is today and all I can say about RIGHT NOW is: THEY ARE AMAZING! /topic

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompouk View Post
LOL?! What are you talking about? Over ten years I've been with quite a lot of good hosting companies, but none so far have given me better support and flexibility.

Maybe in the past they went through tough time, I don't know. But today is today and all I can say about RIGHT NOW is: THEY ARE AMAZING! /topic
Not sure whether are you checking about them or telling us how they are doing... You started this topic and now you are telling every one that they are great

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekwu View Post
I won't allow it.
Go ahead. Post away with your rants. It won't stop our growth and success. You can feel free to watch us grow if you like however.

Our offer still stands to give you free lifetime hosting to fix whatever we did wrong. I'm sure you post something to the effect that you wouldn't take it because you hate us so much but regardless we're all about making things right. If your willing.

Last edited by RyanK; 11-22-2011 at 01:04 AM.
Old
Premium Member

Quote:

And you base this on what?? One week of service??

█ Cloud Locations: San Jose, Dallas, Washington DC, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Singapore & Tokyo

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudstra View Post
Well we launched our cloud services about 10 months ago and we were private for about 2 months before going public. We run the latest versions of software and patch our equipment within 48 hours of release to allow for testing. Because of the redundancy there is no downtime.

We're not immune to server issues. They happen all the time. We have 3 servers crash a few days ago but the fact that everything is resilient to problems like that is what provides the 100% uptime. In that particular case there was a lag for a second before the other nodes picked it up and everything switched over. Sessions are sticky etc. No problems. Same goes for server updates, reboots, resets etc. We do these all the time but we're setup in a way customers don't see the downtime.

We're not your traditional host.

Last edited by RyanK; 11-22-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Quote:
You can check my quick overview review here:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...5&postcount=15
Thanks for the great review!

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudstra View Post
Yes based on a week usage, so what?

I'll update as I experience, but so far so good, is that wrong?

I talk for myself: I get the best service there is out there and I'm REALLY happy with it. Be jealous if you want :-)

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
Our offer still stands to give you free lifetime hosting to fix whatever we did wrong.
Problem solved ... I will gladly accept your offer of a free lifetime hosting if this guy doesn't and I will share my true experience with everyone possible. If you are willing to stand behind your service like that, there's a reason for it ... now if only I had the Bugatti to go along with the Hosting service I can't believe someone is so wounded and traumatized from a business experience that they wouldn't take up an offer like that.

Yes I did sign up just to get a crack at a lifetime hosting gig. I am trying to find a decent host for a decent price and so far GearHost has been the most willing to help me with my needs and most knowledgeable in their services. ... so how about that hook up for a host Ryan?

Old
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
Well we launched our cloud services about 10 months ago and we were private for about 2 months before going public. We run the latest versions of software and patch our equipment within 48 hours of release to allow for testing. Because of the redundancy there is no downtime.

We're not immune to server issues. They happen all the time. We have 3 servers crash a few days ago but the fact that everything is resilient to problems like that is what provides the 100% uptime. In that particular case there was a lag for a second before the other nodes picked it up and everything switched over. Sessions are sticky etc. No problems. Same goes for server updates, reboots, resets etc. We do these all the time but we're setup in a way customers don't see the downtime.

We're not your traditional host.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to you but your client.

█ Cloud Locations: San Jose, Dallas, Washington DC, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Singapore & Tokyo