Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

window vista is not good.why?

window vista is good i m using it it is fine in look and also give good result but most of the people does not like it i don't know why have you any problem from it is it creates problem for you while doing work during business if it is then please tell me also

These days compatibility with software is shocking... not that I play many games the few I try to download don't work and to top it off the inbuilt compatibility thingy don't fix it.

I guess for standard useage internet, email etc sure it would be suitable just remember the vulnerabilities would be high (security etc) so keep everything up to date.
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

I never understood why people didn't like it. If you are fully updated and have a clue what you're doing there shouldn't be any issues. I mean obviously if you are running extremely old software there might be issues but I know windows xp and older versions had the same.

Most of the whiners bashing Vista back in the days were folks who had driver issues. This had nothing to do with Vista itself, rather the blame lied entirely on the hardware vendors.

Vista (When upgraded to Sp2) is almost an OS as fine as Windows 7, in my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Most of the whiners bashing Vista back in the days were folks who had driver issues. This had nothing to do with Vista itself, rather the blame lied entirely on the hardware vendors.
    This.
    I will say though that Vista was a HUGE memory hog.I have 6GB floating around in this system, and it was slower than slow, constantly chewing through memory like nobody's business. Even with indexing and all that crap turned off, it just ate the hell out of my ram
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintereise View Post
    Vista (When upgraded to Sp2) is almost an OS as fine as Windows 7, in my opinion anyway.
    Haven't tried SP2. As soon as I discovered how much easier 7 was on both systems (laptop and desktop), in beta, I was "gimme the link to order". Amazon had a deal back in the day before it came out, $50 for premium upgrade, and I got two of 'em. Sweet deal, sweeter OS.

The biggest issue I had with it was that it was a memory hog. Like I said, even with 6 gig of ram in this beast, it was still slower than slow, and yeah, I was running 64bit, just like I am now
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Vista was Windows 7 Beta. Vista was slower, it used to many resources, it was garbage. Windows 7 is basically Windows Vista finished.
    Brad T. Burns - CEO - brad.burns(@)zioinc.com
    Zio, Inc. - Shared. Reseller. VPS. Dedicated. Gaming. Cloud.
    AIM: ZioEspeed Skype: ZioBrad Steam: ZioBrad
    Website

Garbage is a strong word, it was a great OS. Windows 7 was a "damn we did a good job with the UI, now lets re-optimize it and not call it Vista Second Edition".

Quote Originally Posted by MrRadic View Post
    Garbage is a strong word, it was a great OS. Windows 7 was a "damn we did a good job with the UI, now lets re-optimize it and not call it Vista Second Edition".
    I basically agree

I know it's a strong word, but Windows 7 was Windows Vista finished. Windows 7 runs much much smoother and has a lot more peripheral support out of the box.
    Brad T. Burns - CEO - brad.burns(@)zioinc.com
    Zio, Inc. - Shared. Reseller. VPS. Dedicated. Gaming. Cloud.
    AIM: ZioEspeed Skype: ZioBrad Steam: ZioBrad
    Website

This is obviously a fluffer thread, and look at the sites in the OP's signature. Look a bit suspicious and potentially illegal.
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Windows Vista wasn't a bad OS it just didn't live up to its expectations of being great.

IMO, I think window vista has a nice layout while the reason I didnt chose Window Vista is because it's too memory consuming and buggy. The reason why many people dislike window vista is because that a lot of updates are required to solve the major bugs. This proves that people got expectation for it.

Window vista is slow and window 7 is running very good and fast.

Vista Bad 7 Good

Vista wasn't nearly as bad of a product as it was made out to be - at least not after the driver issues were straightened out and service pack released.

The thing that bothers me most about the Vista situation is that Windows 7 should have been a Vista service pack - but it was easier marketing to offer something new than repair Vista's tarnished reputation.

As a cheapskate who hasn't yet bought a Windows 7 license, I feel a bit personally cheated by shortened life cycle of Vista. Sort of a kick in the nuts to those early adopters, eh? At least it's better than Windows ME.

slight spam eh
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Vista is crap because Microsoft has never tried anything graphics intensive like that before. Mac OSX has always been light years ahead of Windows in terms of graphics and usability while requiring low system specifications.

Windows 7 got a lot of the bugs fixed but I think Vista just left a bad taste all around.
    My Site : Chi Chi's Floral [Under Construction - Link Coming Soon!]

Hosted by: Myhosting.com - 10 months and counting!

Can someone take care of the spambot? :V

Its a never ending discussion on win Vista. It has many bugs. Slow, gets corrupted easily etc.
    Fast Domain Search: Use Domain Champion's free tool to quickly find available domain names on 285 Domain Extensions!

I've had vista on my other computer. No longer have it because lightning struck it. Anyway vista was awfully slow and hanged up on me most times. And for some reason. I'd lose my internet connection every 2 hours. And it was just the pc with vista that lost the connection.

I could use the net with my other computer with xp.

Other than that it was pretty good.

Chad
    Webmasterbabble.com Webmaster Forum
    Come join us at webmasterbabble.com

I think most of the bugs with vista were fixed in SP1.

Thumbs down

dll issues and slow loading windows, suggest you to get a mac
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.

I didn't like it until Service Pack 2. Windows 7 is a much better option.

Vista is so slow that you could make pancakes before the computer has even started... Thank GOD for Win 7 )

Yeah Vista is slower so hate it

I dunno why still people uses that stupid piece of worthless software, better get a apple and you can do much more than what advertise everywhere on negative forums :-)
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    I don't measure a man's success by how high he climbs but how high he bounces when he hits bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast