Be cautious with web3k.ru

Hi fellow web hosts, if someone want to order a package of yours with the domain web3k.ru or the email pulaev@yahoo.com it may (more like it is) be a fraud. This "Gregor Pulaev" ordered my enterprise plan 3 TIMES annually with a different name/credit card (must be stolen) and the transaction was, of course, declined the 3 times. That's a sum of $719.85! The trace of his IP show he comes from Russia, but he ordred with a name in North Carolina and Montana. He have to be the owner of the domain because the DNS was changed to mine. So, be cautious with this person.

Eric Desroches - eric@american-hosting.net
    American Hosting for Quality Shared Web Hosting and Custom Reseller Solutions
    http://www.american-hosting.net/

It may not or may not be him. Its not that hard to hack an email account or a web interface. Especially with the passwords people use these days.

In my experience, I have not had a legitimate sale from any .ru customer to date. To my knowledge, Russia has a bad problem with internet fraud.

we always

We always triple check with followup emails, request for copys of a drivers licence's etc if the order meets one of these criteria:

1. Comes from a country outside US

2. Someone orders a expensive plan theyve never contacted a sales person about.

3. The credit card information does not match the customers information.

4. The email address is that of a free public email service.

If it meets one of these criteria, your best bet is to followup with a email/or phone call if in US (even better), and getting some more info, and if it still seems fishy even in the slightest bit, make them fax in 2 forms of ID.

Weve used this procedure for 7 years and have never had one fraudulant customer, weve caught prob. over 100 people before they became customers.
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

You're right Charles, i should have done it, in my case it meets the 4 criterias. Oh well, i gotta know next time i have an order like this
    Eric Desroches - eric@american-hosting.net
    American Hosting for Quality Shared Web Hosting and Custom Reseller Solutions
    http://www.american-hosting.net/

Related Posts from theWHIR.com