View Poll Results: Who wants the old WHT layout back?

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want the old one back

83 40.89%
  • I want to keep the new one

63 31.03%
  • I want to be able to choose between old/new

57 28.08%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Good job Corey
    BUY SELL WEBMASTER GOODS AT OnlyWebmasters.Com Auctions
    CHECK YOUR GOOGLE PAGERANK CLICK HERE

Looks nice, but looks aren't so important on here I don't think. Functionality (speed) is the most important point for me. So if you can do this without making it any heavier, go ahead, otherwise, think again.
    Web Hosting since 1999

Looks nice!

Is the "Find a host" and "Webmaster Resources" section going to be a paid listing?

Also, about the banner ads, is it going to be buy both spots only or either/or?

Looks great, only thing I would suggest is making the gradient change where it says “Register Here! It’s Free!" a lot smoother.

Overall a nice design. I see you got Corey to do it

sweet

I like it except the category background image.

Corey's work is great, but really it's not much unlike what we have now...
    <?php include_once('signature'); ?>

*runs to copy design before headsurfer implements it on WHM

hehe

j/k

great design...

I like it. Adding the "Webhosting News" is a good touch too.

There is give and take with this design. We obviously need to get ad revenue to support the development and purchase. However, I got a lot of complaints about the html ads. So, we took teh html ads out so that teh forum would be closer to the top of the page, as much as 20-25% closer. However, advertisers like the html banners. So, the offset was to put a banner at the top and the top and the bottom.

I wanted a news site to share content with Hosting Tech but I understand that everyone wanted as little change to the forum as possible. The compromise was to move the "who is online" list from the side to the bottom and put a text box with news headlines on the side. If you have no interest, you will hardly notice it. If you like being "up to date", you will find it handy.

Also, I had an idea when I purchased WHT that it would someday be a full fledged directory and resource site. Again, the concern was to keep teh design what it was. That led us to put text links at the top that would directly link into those areas.

In summary, we were able to eliminate the text ads, give it a face lift, add a news section and a directory, while still keeping the basic look and feel that everyone seems to like.

On the advertising side, the top and bottom banner ads will be sold in seperate campaigns.

The directory showcase listings will be a paid item while some "resource" areas and listings will be an unpaid editorial item.

We will be wanting some help to fill up the directory areas for the launch and will be offering a 100% free opportunity to run in these areas. There will be instructions soon on how to place your free ad. It will require a 120/60 logo with a max of 6k and 200 characters of text including spaces. It will be on a first come/first serve basis, so start getting your ad ready. More on this tomorrow.

Lastly, there will be a final feature of the new site that will launch in mid-Feb. It will be a FREE host and resource directory with ratings. It will require that you use your WHT user name and password to access so that there will be some tracking to the comments that are left. Also, registered hosts will be able to "respond" to comments.

Thats all for now,

Robert
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

I actually like the changes, especially the "news" section. Hopefully WHT can become the one stop resource that we all need. The Cnet(?) of the hosting industry.

Looks great

Sounds great - keep up the good work.

Originally posted by SoftWareRevue
    I just have one request . . . . . . . . Please consider changing the "Running a Web Hosting Biz" forum back to "Running a Web Hosting Business."
    I second that.

Also, "Web Hosting Requests" still needs some clarification. It seems like there's a post in Dedicated Server Special Offers almost every day for a Dedicated Server Request. It might even make sense to make "Dedicated Server Requests" its own category.

Overall it looks great Robert! A fresh look to WHT makes it better to visit these forums, instead of seeing the same old site everyday . The design is very similar to the current one, but with modern graphics, so it freshens everything up for the new year.

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

Originally posted by headsurfer
    We do that it needs a small adjustment to fir properly without a left/right scroll on 800x600, which will be fixed prior to launch.
    I think it's appropriate to have it at 800x600 as it seems to be the standard resolution that most ppl used.

Anyway, the new design looks nice and hopefully has better functionality as the present one has served us well for so many years.
    WHO AM I? CLICK HERE!

Originally posted by atr

I second that.

Also, "Web Hosting Requests" still needs some clarification. It seems like there's a post in Dedicated Server Special Offers almost every day for a Dedicated Server Request. It might even make sense to make "Dedicated Server Requests" its own category.
    No need to make it its own category...

I really don't like it. I don't like Cory's style at all. I hope we can keep the original skin to use, as i will find another forum to go to if we are stuck with this trash.
    Gone.

I'm usually the conservative type, but in this case I'll have to say that I like it. I'm up for a new design, and the proposed one looks nice. Keep it up guys.

Very Nice Design Indeed!.... Keep up the improvements Robert... Were loving them...
    Nirav S. - nirav@pulsehost.com
    Administrator
    Pulse Host - Advanced Hosting Solutions
    http://www.pulsehost.com

any plans for allowing a choice between the old and new style?
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

i like it , change it now ... please

Thumbs up

Looking Good!!!

I'm on 800 x 600 and had to scroll over to see right third.

Otherwise...

Looking Good!!!
    These are not the 'droids we're looking for. Move along.

Great design. Nice, cleaner look.

I like the html ads... I guess that's just me....

Originally posted by phision.com
    I really don't like it. I don't like Cory's style at all. I hope we can keep the original skin to use, as i will find another forum to go to if we are stuck with this trash.
    Well you are the first person whom thinks that, I dont think they are going to keep this old design when everybody else likes the new one.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast