Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thumbs down SWVPS and IONVM = Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad!

:: ionvm.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    - Upgrade options. The activation delay.
    - I asked about the problems in the past 5 days from now, has not yet been resolved.

:: swvps.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    - There are a lot of network problems.
    - Any downtime.

* Sorry, my English not good.

Hi,

Best option, you should look for new provider..

Good Luck..
    MyLabuan Web Design and WordPress Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

Quote Originally Posted by iaongz View Post
    :: ionvm.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by iaongz View Post
    :: swvps.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    How long had you been with both of these providers before coming to this conclusion?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'not a professional'? Are you having difficulty with support, are response times too long...? That's an incredibly wide-ranging statement.

Ionvm ARE professionals, although i think their support is well understaffed. They promise to improve it.

Their UK network down (Packet loss) for over 16+ hours now. Ignore by Ionvm?

Technically speaking, IonVM is by all means not a reliable company. Judging by time they devote to support, it looks like there's just (1) one person (2) who does it in his spare time (3) occasionally. The common scenario is when they don't reply for weeks, leaving an issue hanging there for days, they disappear when they are needed most. I am not sure, maybe if you have a dozen distributed spam servers around the globe, then having one off is not a big deal, but if you count on IonVM as your only and primary hosting, better forget it. Sad, very sad.

To be fair, that is not really a review you havent given us any real details, i dont think its fair to bash a company public without even giving us genuine reasons.
    IT & Hosting Solutions Rotherham - Virtual6 Ltd
    IT Distributor | IT Manufacturer | Hosted Products | Business IT Support

Look up this thread and you will see the real reason: their UK nodes are off for hours now, 70-90% packet loss. In fact, this has been happening for a couple weeks now, but in the last 24hrs it has worsened to the extent of being pretty much unusable.

If this is infact not true, Ionvm have right to defend it. But the real problem is the real problem, you just use just-ping with their test ip. and see much more significant packet loss. aulismedia said right because it happen worsen for last 24 hours.

Hey, im not saying they havent done anything wrong. All im saying is it would be nice if the OP would have given some more details, instead of just clearly signing up to bad-mouth the company (Based on his one and only post)

VMPort, your attitude here tells stories about how you deal with customers. Once again, look up this thread and get its context, especially pay attention to the message I was replying to. If you want to defend some of your colleagues, namely IonVM, you are free to do it. Otherwise, enough, we've seen enough flood already. Flood is never a solution to problems.

Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    VMPort, your attitude here tells stories about how you deal with customers. Once again, look up this thread and get its context, especially pay attention to the message I was replying to. If you want to defend some of your colleagues, namely IonVM, you are free to do it. Otherwise, enough, we've seen enough flood already. Flood is never a solution to problems.
    Ok. My Colleagues, i dont think so. Why would i willingly defend the competition unless i felt the need to say something i believe is correct. And what attitude are you actually talking about?

You could better actually come up with a hosting proposal and a migration plan for rats leaving a sinking ship, like me

Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    You could better actually come up with a hosting proposal and a migration plan for rats leaving a sinking ship, like me
    Lol. Your always welcome aboard.

What they have said about packets loss is true.

I got a vps with them at netherlands and now it's like... 87% packets loss, lol

It's been like for over 20h already...

Spirit,

this is very interesting indeed. People working under multiple identities are usually ones who have lots to hide. I blame myself for not being very thorough looking for a VPS provider initially, I wish I knew all I know now, even though it is far from all.

Ion's network seems to be back up, but the critical situation of the last weeks proved their inability even to calm people down, not even real effective solution. So I have requested a money back a few monutes ago. Good luck to them looking for new customers but I am off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    @Barefootsies I think that op added note regarding his english difficulties which can be limitating factor for sure. You might call him a "chicken" but from other side there's very possible that he invested some decent effort to write in your mother language. And then aulismedia described ionvm experience more detailed anyway.

For those which don't know... IONVM is just another mass product of "Master of Disguise" Dann Fry (or one of his many identities like Alan Jones...) known also for creating Delimiter, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies...
    Spirit,

Since I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now, I've registered here to clear things up for you.

I am an independent media and product design contractor. As such, I've become very well-acquainted with several developers around the industry, David at IonVM and Alan Jones being among them. The only entity you listed whose creation I took direct part in was Delimiter.us, which I believe is now a major VPS host drawing $40-50k/mo in revenue (I have had no involvement with it for the past 2 years).

IonVM, Super-VM, XVPS, daedelus.us, and TelVPS are projects I have been hired to design. I no longer have any involvement with IonVM, so I can't speak for its present status. ZoomServers Inc is the company that owns TelVPS. This is the extent of my involvement in the web hosting sector. If you'd care to list the 'few other virtual companies...', I'd be interested to know about them.

I'd also like to point out what a bad practice it is to carelessly make negative allegations about individuals without contacting them or, indeed, knowing anything about them beforehand. Who are you, exactly? Where is your name? This is a professional industry that clearly goes much deeper than you perceive, and everyone involved in it works up to a degree of professionalism. Please do not work to damage this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dann_F View Post
    Spirit,

Since I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now, I've registered here to clear things up for you.

This is the extent of my involvement in the web hosting sector. If you'd care to list the 'few other virtual companies...', I'd be interested to know about them.

I'd also like to point out what a bad practice it is to carelessly make negative allegations about individuals without contacting them or, indeed, knowing anything about them beforehand. Who are you, exactly? Where is your name? This is a professional industry that clearly goes much deeper than you perceive, and everyone involved in it works up to a degree of professionalism. Please do not work to damage this.
    Thank you for clearing that up Fry.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008

You must have confused me with someone else.

Sometimes someone randomly mention you and your suspicious operations at LEB blog here and there and as LEB regular I don't deny that I participate in random LEB discussions however I dare to say that you use false arguments with saying "I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now" to build your own point on that. No, I did not, but as old delimiter client I participated in maybe two or so discussions about your operations in last few years.

Yes of course that you're suspicious with all those virtual names, with all those shady operations, multiple identities, etc... and people at LEB (customer segment where you're most likely the most active) including me, are intrigued with "is this maybe another mass dann's fry product" but don't try to pretend like everything regarding you here is transparent. No one will ever know how many fail vps hosts are your product but those which are known aren't because you said anywhere but because people discovered the truth. Imho. you're dangerous person.

I've registered here to clear things up for you
    Yeah, right! Should I welcome you to WHT "newcomer"?
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-24-2011 at 10:55 PM.

You must have confused me with someone else.

Sometimes someone randomly mention you and your suspicious operations at LEB blog here and there and as LEB regular I don't deny that I participate in random LEB discussions however I dare to say that you use false arguments with saying "I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now" to build your own point on that. No, I did not, but I participated in maybe two or so discussions about your operations in last few years.

Yes of course that you're suspicious with all those virtual names, with all those shady operations, multiple identities, etc... and people at LEB (customer segment where you're most likely the most active) including me, are intrigued with "is this maybe another mass dann's fry product" but don't try to pretend like everything regarding you here is transparent. No one will ever know how many fail vps hosts are your product but those which are known aren't because you said anywhere but because people discovered the truth. Imho. you're dangerous person.

Yeah, right! Should I welcome you to WHT "newcomer"?
    Do you understand what I meant by saying I am a 'contractor'? It means that I do work by commission for other companies. I do not run these hosts myself, I've only been part of their design and sales teams. This is how most companies operate. Moreover, all of these hosts seem to be doing quite well since I left them, according to my research.

Copied from LowEndBox and LowEndTalk:

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit (LowEndBox)
    Dann Fry? Oh, no… not again!
    March 21, 2011 @ 12:37 am | Reply
    Explicitly mentioning my name in a comment thread for no clear reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit (LowEndBox)
    Imran and yes, you’re most likely right.. same as K-R Networks don’t look like real company (TelVPS supposed to be part of a most likely fake K-R Networks company).
    I wondering if we will ever know how many of those LEB featured companies which come and go so fast are Dann Fry inventions.
    March 21, 2011 @ 12:47 am | Reply
    I don't know what the source of confusion is here. TelVPS is owned by ZoomServers Inc. They are the company that hired me. This is a matter of public record. Making false allegations against my identity for no clear reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit (LowEndTalk)
    October 18
    concernednetizen said: Donn Fry = Ionvm, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers ... Greg is new name for Donn
    You mean Dann Fry (aka Alan Jones) not Donn. There was also Delimiter, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies which should be listed
    Greg is the current owner of IonVM, he publicly mentioned it on this forum (I can't post links, thread ID 1079668, page 3). Here you've also incorrectly identified ZoomServers, Alan Jones, and other people/companies completely separate from myself as belonging directly to me. I have never directly managed any of these hosts, as I made clear above. I'll ask again, what are the 'other companies which should be listed'?

I found these in the first few results Googling my name (also how I found this thread). I'm sure there are more, as you seem hell-bent on slandering and discrediting any company name that comes your way, like everyone else at LowEndBox. Can you please keep the fantasy stuff there, and save WebHostingTalk and other reliable venues for credible, researched information?

Heh... you pulled my comments out of context of whole discussion started by others and make them look like I "mentioning you name in a comment thread for no clear reason" while you're in every case mentioned by other people and I just reply/discuss about - just like this moment.

Beside that you said all over the internet while it's just lowendbox/lowendtalk community - as place where your reputation isn't most clear...
    Can you prove two your claims:

1. that I spamming your name all over the Internet for several months now (while I said that I participated in discusions about you and your shady reputation only at lowendbox/lowendtalk community) - it should be all over the internet, correct? So prove it!

2. that I mentioning your name in a comment thread for no clear reason (while I claim that you're usually mentioned by other people, usually those your hosts victims while I reply in ordinary discussion) as example: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion...6#Comment_7276 ) - it should be for no clear reason specifly from me, correct? Prove it!

Everytime when people discover some of your "organization" it's because you're doing mistakes. Everytime when problem appears and another company is "sold" to new unknown virtual identity and many people scammed it stay some detail like same paypal account address or something. Like this guy "concernednetizen" said, it's just a game, isn't it?

I think this man make company, sell vps not pay server, sell company then new company and again this
    - concernednetizen
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-25-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Charlatans detected

Greg is the current owner of IonVM
    Greg is most likely just another identity of people (or person) working at IonVM. They masqueraded identities this time to bring up a legitimate excuse for not taking care of their support tickets. Whoever calls himself David Krause used to be and still is in charge.

Besides, all the PayPal payments for IonVM services go to an account on http://www.alchymic.com/. And here: http://www.alchymic.com/contact.php it says "Alchymic LLC's owner can be reached directly at: dan@alchymic.com". Isn't this our Dann Fry, so-called newcomer?

The ways how this business works makes me laugh.

IonVM, Super-VM, XVPS, daedelus.us, and TelVPS are projects I have been hired to design.
    And then:

LowEndAdmin:

Hmmm.

$ host -t ns super-vm.com
    super-vm.com name server ns1.daedelus.us.
    super-vm.com name server ns2.daedelus.us.
    $ whois daedelus.us
    Domain Name: DAEDELUS.US
    Domain ID: D27130150-US
    Sponsoring Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrar URL (registration services): whois.enom.com
    Domain Status: ok
    Registrant ID: FBF91896859BDC8B
    Registrant Name: Dan Fry
    Registrant Organization: Daedelus Group
    Registrant Address1: 1202 7th St. SE
    Registrant City: Minneapolis
    Registrant State/Province: MN
    Registrant Postal Code: 55416
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Country Code: US

November 9, 2010 @ 10:27 pm | Reply
    And then from Alex Bilton/SuperVM:

Although we know Dan...

Dan is the registered owner of Daedelus Group, as you can see.
    So you have been only hired to design as example daedelus.us?

And then:
    And then from Alex Bilton/SuperVM:

So you have been only hired to design as example daedelus.us?
    'Consulting' entails work beyond design (often I do work for companies with no Internet presence or knowledge of where to start), though I designed daedelus.us as well. I worked with Daedelus no longer than a few weeks and haven't heard from them since, so I'm unable to make any comment about its status. What point are you trying to make?

More research on alchymic.com:

Here people are asked to boost the domain's rank in google: http://boyah.net/forums/index.php?topic=53998

Just in case if he deletes it, I'll copy here.

1. Search 'alchymic' on Google
    2. Go to page 5-6 and click:
    Alchymic | Index
    IT management and consulting; multimedia design, hosting, and publishing services.
    alchymic.com/
    I just need a few genuine clicks on it to get it in the first page results for 'alchymic', which would be good.
    luts for anyone who clicks it several times through proxies
    THANKS
    Post is published by someone called "vziard", there is vziard on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/vziard) whose location is also Minneapolis, MN, just like Daedelus Group's, registered on Dan Fry. His personal website mentioned on twitter is http://fourthtimensionaltransition.com. Now, there is no such website. Because he made a typo in the name It is http://fourthDimensionaltransition.com, not Timentional. Ok, here we go:
    fourthdimensionaltransition.com. But this domain is down at the time when I write this. Anyway

Registrant Contact:

4 DT ()
    contact@4dt.org
    Fax:
    109 E. 17th Street
    Suite 4107
    Cheyenne, WY 82001
    US
    Same coordinates at for alchymic.com, where that "Dan" is a primary contact.

On 4dt.org there is just total awesomeness Long articles about Revelations of Hermes Trismegistis, ancient physics and philosophy. No kidding, whoever stands behind it, is really into wizardry and alchemy. Thus the nickname: vziard = wizard.

So, folks, this is the true story of IonVM. Anyone for a service from them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast