hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : SWVPS and IONVM = Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Forum Jump

SWVPS and IONVM = Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Reply Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Thumbs down

SWVPS and IONVM = Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad!

:: ionvm.com::.
- Not a professional.
- Upgrade options. The activation delay.
- I asked about the problems in the past 5 days from now, has not yet been resolved.

:: swvps.com::.
- Not a professional.
- There are a lot of network problems.
- Any downtime.

* Sorry, my English not good.

Sponsored Links
Old
Aspiring Evangelist

Hi,

Best option, you should look for new provider..

Good Luck..

Old
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaongz View Post
:: ionvm.com::.
- Not a professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaongz View Post
:: swvps.com::.
- Not a professional.
How long had you been with both of these providers before coming to this conclusion?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'not a professional'? Are you having difficulty with support, are response times too long...? That's an incredibly wide-ranging statement.

Sponsored Links
Old

Ionvm ARE professionals, although i think their support is well understaffed. They promise to improve it.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Their UK network down (Packet loss) for over 16+ hours now. Ignore by Ionvm?

Old

Technically speaking, IonVM is by all means not a reliable company. Judging by time they devote to support, it looks like there's just (1) one person (2) who does it in his spare time (3) occasionally. The common scenario is when they don't reply for weeks, leaving an issue hanging there for days, they disappear when they are needed most. I am not sure, maybe if you have a dozen distributed spam servers around the globe, then having one off is not a big deal, but if you count on IonVM as your only and primary hosting, better forget it. Sad, very sad.

Old
Web Hosting Master

To be fair, that is not really a review you havent given us any real details, i dont think its fair to bash a company public without even giving us genuine reasons.

Old

Look up this thread and you will see the real reason: their UK nodes are off for hours now, 70-90% packet loss. In fact, this has been happening for a couple weeks now, but in the last 24hrs it has worsened to the extent of being pretty much unusable.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

If this is infact not true, Ionvm have right to defend it. But the real problem is the real problem, you just use just-ping with their test ip. and see much more significant packet loss. aulismedia said right because it happen worsen for last 24 hours.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Hey, im not saying they havent done anything wrong. All im saying is it would be nice if the OP would have given some more details, instead of just clearly signing up to bad-mouth the company (Based on his one and only post)

Old

VMPort, your attitude here tells stories about how you deal with customers. Once again, look up this thread and get its context, especially pay attention to the message I was replying to. If you want to defend some of your colleagues, namely IonVM, you are free to do it. Otherwise, enough, we've seen enough flood already. Flood is never a solution to problems.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
VMPort, your attitude here tells stories about how you deal with customers. Once again, look up this thread and get its context, especially pay attention to the message I was replying to. If you want to defend some of your colleagues, namely IonVM, you are free to do it. Otherwise, enough, we've seen enough flood already. Flood is never a solution to problems.
Ok. My Colleagues, i dont think so. Why would i willingly defend the competition unless i felt the need to say something i believe is correct. And what attitude are you actually talking about?

Old

You could better actually come up with a hosting proposal and a migration plan for rats leaving a sinking ship, like me

Old

What they have said about packets loss is true.

I got a vps with them at netherlands and now it's like... 87% packets loss, lol

It's been like for over 20h already...

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
You could better actually come up with a hosting proposal and a migration plan for rats leaving a sinking ship, like me
Lol. Your always welcome aboard.