Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 41
  1. #1

    Thumbs down SWVPS and IONVM = Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad! Bad!

    :: ionvm.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    - Upgrade options. The activation delay.
    - I asked about the problems in the past 5 days from now, has not yet been resolved.

    :: swvps.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    - There are a lot of network problems.
    - Any downtime.

    * Sorry, my English not good.

  2. #2

    *

    Hi,

    Best option, you should look for new provider..

    Good Luck..
    MyLabuan Hosting : Shared & Reseller Hosting|VPS Hosting|Email Backup Services|Domain Services
    Join Us : MyLabuan FB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, United Kingdom
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by iaongz View Post
    :: ionvm.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    Quote Originally Posted by iaongz View Post
    :: swvps.com::.
    - Not a professional.
    How long had you been with both of these providers before coming to this conclusion?

    I'm not sure what you mean by 'not a professional'? Are you having difficulty with support, are response times too long...? That's an incredibly wide-ranging statement.
    Theo Robertson | vividWire | Solid IT solutions for business
    vividWire VPS - Low-latency London, UK VPS based in Telehouse North, SSD RAID10 storage & KVM virtualisation
    vividWire Shared Hosting - Performance UK hosting with cPanel, CloudLinux, CloudFlare, 99.99% SLA

  4. #4
    Ionvm ARE professionals, although i think their support is well understaffed. They promise to improve it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    379
    Their UK network down (Packet loss) for over 16+ hours now. Ignore by Ionvm?

  6. #6
    Technically speaking, IonVM is by all means not a reliable company. Judging by time they devote to support, it looks like there's just (1) one person (2) who does it in his spare time (3) occasionally. The common scenario is when they don't reply for weeks, leaving an issue hanging there for days, they disappear when they are needed most. I am not sure, maybe if you have a dozen distributed spam servers around the globe, then having one off is not a big deal, but if you count on IonVM as your only and primary hosting, better forget it. Sad, very sad.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,539
    To be fair, that is not really a review you havent given us any real details, i dont think its fair to bash a company public without even giving us genuine reasons.
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

  8. #8
    Look up this thread and you will see the real reason: their UK nodes are off for hours now, 70-90% packet loss. In fact, this has been happening for a couple weeks now, but in the last 24hrs it has worsened to the extent of being pretty much unusable.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    379
    If this is infact not true, Ionvm have right to defend it. But the real problem is the real problem, you just use just-ping with their test ip. and see much more significant packet loss. aulismedia said right because it happen worsen for last 24 hours.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,539
    Hey, im not saying they havent done anything wrong. All im saying is it would be nice if the OP would have given some more details, instead of just clearly signing up to bad-mouth the company (Based on his one and only post)
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

  11. #11
    VMPort, your attitude here tells stories about how you deal with customers. Once again, look up this thread and get its context, especially pay attention to the message I was replying to. If you want to defend some of your colleagues, namely IonVM, you are free to do it. Otherwise, enough, we've seen enough flood already. Flood is never a solution to problems.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    VMPort, your attitude here tells stories about how you deal with customers. Once again, look up this thread and get its context, especially pay attention to the message I was replying to. If you want to defend some of your colleagues, namely IonVM, you are free to do it. Otherwise, enough, we've seen enough flood already. Flood is never a solution to problems.
    Ok. My Colleagues, i dont think so. Why would i willingly defend the competition unless i felt the need to say something i believe is correct. And what attitude are you actually talking about?
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

  13. #13
    You could better actually come up with a hosting proposal and a migration plan for rats leaving a sinking ship, like me

  14. #14
    What they have said about packets loss is true.

    I got a vps with them at netherlands and now it's like... 87% packets loss, lol

    It's been like for over 20h already...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    You could better actually come up with a hosting proposal and a migration plan for rats leaving a sinking ship, like me
    Lol. Your always welcome aboard.
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

  16. #16
    Their NL node is now up again after 24h down...

  17. #17
    @Barefootsies I think that op added note regarding his english difficulties which can be limitating factor for sure. You might call him a "chicken" but from other side there's very possible that he invested some decent effort to write in your mother language. And then aulismedia described ionvm experience more detailed anyway.

    For those which don't know... IONVM is just another mass product of "Master of Disguise" Dann Fry (or one of his many identities like Alan Jones...) known also for creating Delimiter, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies...

  18. #18
    Spirit,

    this is very interesting indeed. People working under multiple identities are usually ones who have lots to hide. I blame myself for not being very thorough looking for a VPS provider initially, I wish I knew all I know now, even though it is far from all.

    Ion's network seems to be back up, but the critical situation of the last weeks proved their inability even to calm people down, not even real effective solution. So I have requested a money back a few monutes ago. Good luck to them looking for new customers but I am off.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    @Barefootsies I think that op added note regarding his english difficulties which can be limitating factor for sure. You might call him a "chicken" but from other side there's very possible that he invested some decent effort to write in your mother language. And then aulismedia described ionvm experience more detailed anyway.

    For those which don't know... IONVM is just another mass product of "Master of Disguise" Dann Fry (or one of his many identities like Alan Jones...) known also for creating Delimiter, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies...
    Spirit,

    Since I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now, I've registered here to clear things up for you.

    I am an independent media and product design contractor. As such, I've become very well-acquainted with several developers around the industry, David at IonVM and Alan Jones being among them. The only entity you listed whose creation I took direct part in was Delimiter.us, which I believe is now a major VPS host drawing $40-50k/mo in revenue (I have had no involvement with it for the past 2 years).

    IonVM, Super-VM, XVPS, daedelus.us, and TelVPS are projects I have been hired to design. I no longer have any involvement with IonVM, so I can't speak for its present status. ZoomServers Inc is the company that owns TelVPS. This is the extent of my involvement in the web hosting sector. If you'd care to list the 'few other virtual companies...', I'd be interested to know about them.

    I'd also like to point out what a bad practice it is to carelessly make negative allegations about individuals without contacting them or, indeed, knowing anything about them beforehand. Who are you, exactly? Where is your name? This is a professional industry that clearly goes much deeper than you perceive, and everyone involved in it works up to a degree of professionalism. Please do not work to damage this.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann_F View Post
    Spirit,

    Since I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now, I've registered here to clear things up for you.

    This is the extent of my involvement in the web hosting sector. If you'd care to list the 'few other virtual companies...', I'd be interested to know about them.

    I'd also like to point out what a bad practice it is to carelessly make negative allegations about individuals without contacting them or, indeed, knowing anything about them beforehand. Who are you, exactly? Where is your name? This is a professional industry that clearly goes much deeper than you perceive, and everyone involved in it works up to a degree of professionalism. Please do not work to damage this.
    Thank you for clearing that up Fry.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann_F View Post
    Since I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now, I've registered here to clear things up for you.
    You must have confused me with someone else.

    Sometimes someone randomly mention you and your suspicious operations at LEB blog here and there and as LEB regular I don't deny that I participate in random LEB discussions however I dare to say that you use false arguments with saying "I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now" to build your own point on that. No, I did not, but as old delimiter client I participated in maybe two or so discussions about your operations in last few years.

    Yes of course that you're suspicious with all those virtual names, with all those shady operations, multiple identities, etc... and people at LEB (customer segment where you're most likely the most active) including me, are intrigued with "is this maybe another mass dann's fry product" but don't try to pretend like everything regarding you here is transparent. No one will ever know how many fail vps hosts are your product but those which are known aren't because you said anywhere but because people discovered the truth. Imho. you're dangerous person.

    I've registered here to clear things up for you
    Yeah, right! Should I welcome you to WHT "newcomer"?
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-24-2011 at 10:55 PM.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    You must have confused me with someone else.

    Sometimes someone randomly mention you and your suspicious operations at LEB blog here and there and as LEB regular I don't deny that I participate in random LEB discussions however I dare to say that you use false arguments with saying "I have seen you spamming my name all over the Internet for several months now" to build your own point on that. No, I did not, but I participated in maybe two or so discussions about your operations in last few years.

    Yes of course that you're suspicious with all those virtual names, with all those shady operations, multiple identities, etc... and people at LEB (customer segment where you're most likely the most active) including me, are intrigued with "is this maybe another mass dann's fry product" but don't try to pretend like everything regarding you here is transparent. No one will ever know how many fail vps hosts are your product but those which are known aren't because you said anywhere but because people discovered the truth. Imho. you're dangerous person.

    Yeah, right! Should I welcome you to WHT "newcomer"?
    Do you understand what I meant by saying I am a 'contractor'? It means that I do work by commission for other companies. I do not run these hosts myself, I've only been part of their design and sales teams. This is how most companies operate. Moreover, all of these hosts seem to be doing quite well since I left them, according to my research.

    Copied from LowEndBox and LowEndTalk:

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit (LowEndBox)
    Dann Fry? Oh, no… not again!
    March 21, 2011 @ 12:37 am | Reply
    Explicitly mentioning my name in a comment thread for no clear reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit (LowEndBox)
    Imran and yes, you’re most likely right.. same as K-R Networks don’t look like real company (TelVPS supposed to be part of a most likely fake K-R Networks company).
    I wondering if we will ever know how many of those LEB featured companies which come and go so fast are Dann Fry inventions.
    March 21, 2011 @ 12:47 am | Reply
    I don't know what the source of confusion is here. TelVPS is owned by ZoomServers Inc. They are the company that hired me. This is a matter of public record. Making false allegations against my identity for no clear reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit (LowEndTalk)
    October 18
    Member
    concernednetizen said: Donn Fry = Ionvm, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers ... Greg is new name for Donn
    You mean Dann Fry (aka Alan Jones) not Donn. There was also Delimiter, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies which should be listed
    Greg is the current owner of IonVM, he publicly mentioned it on this forum (I can't post links, thread ID 1079668, page 3). Here you've also incorrectly identified ZoomServers, Alan Jones, and other people/companies completely separate from myself as belonging directly to me. I have never directly managed any of these hosts, as I made clear above. I'll ask again, what are the 'other companies which should be listed'?

    I found these in the first few results Googling my name (also how I found this thread). I'm sure there are more, as you seem hell-bent on slandering and discrediting any company name that comes your way, like everyone else at LowEndBox. Can you please keep the fantasy stuff there, and save WebHostingTalk and other reliable venues for credible, researched information?

  23. #23
    Heh... you pulled my comments out of context of whole discussion started by others and make them look like I "mentioning you name in a comment thread for no clear reason" while you're in every case mentioned by other people and I just reply/discuss about - just like this moment.

    Beside that you said all over the internet while it's just lowendbox/lowendtalk community - as place where your reputation isn't most clear...
    Can you prove two your claims:

    1. that I spamming your name all over the Internet for several months now (while I said that I participated in discusions about you and your shady reputation only at lowendbox/lowendtalk community) - it should be all over the internet, correct? So prove it!

    2. that I mentioning your name in a comment thread for no clear reason (while I claim that you're usually mentioned by other people, usually those your hosts victims while I reply in ordinary discussion) as example: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion...6#Comment_7276 ) - it should be for no clear reason specifly from me, correct? Prove it!

    Everytime when people discover some of your "organization" it's because you're doing mistakes. Everytime when problem appears and another company is "sold" to new unknown virtual identity and many people scammed it stay some detail like same paypal account address or something. Like this guy "concernednetizen" said, it's just a game, isn't it?

    I think this man make company, sell vps not pay server, sell company then new company and again this
    - concernednetizen
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-25-2011 at 12:31 AM.

  24. #24

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Can you prove two your claims:

    1. that I spamming your name all over the Internet for several months now (while I said that I participated in discusions about you and your shady reputation only at lowendbox/lowendtalk community) - it should be all over the internet, correct? So prove it!
    Yes. There are multiple search results from LowEndBox, LowEndTalk, and now WHT, from March 2011 through October 2011, as shown in this thread. This constitutes both 'many months' and 'all over the Internet', as far as I am concerned, and it's my prerogative to decide owing to the fact that it's my identity at hand.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    2. that I mentioning your name in a comment thread for no clear reason (while I claim that you're usually mentioned by other people, usually those your hosts victims while I reply in ordinary discussion) as example: ( ) - it should be for no clear reason specifly from me, correct? Prove it!
    I am not seeking to identify you as the sole culprit, except that you are the one who originally mentioned my name in this thread, which is why I'm here. It stands as proof of 'no clear reason' that you went out of your way to say something more than had already been said, and in fact, something completely ungrounded in actual fact, in your comments. You didn't just say exactly what had already been said, you attempted to construct further 'evidence' following the other comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Everytime when people discover some of your "organization" it's because you're doing mistakes. Everytime when some company is "sold" to another virtual unknown identity and many people scammed it stay some detail like same paypal account address or something. Like this guy "concernednetizen" said, it's just a game, isn't it?
    Well, it seems like a game for you, not for me. This is my livelihood. I professionally contract my services to Web startups. I'm not sure how to make that more clear. Yomura Ltd owns Delimiter.us and XVPS (though I believe XVPS has been sold on to another company since I worked with them). ZoomServers Inc owns TelVPS. Greg owns IonVM, I'm not able to disclose the company he owns due to contract obligations, but it is well-known. These are all long-standing and stable companies. I have been, at different times, hired by each of these companies individually, often as a result of mutual recommendation. Understand?

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dann_F View Post
    IonVM, Super-VM, XVPS, daedelus.us, and TelVPS are projects I have been hired to design.
    And then:

    LowEndAdmin:

    Hmmm.

    $ host -t ns super-vm.com
    super-vm.com name server ns1.daedelus.us.
    super-vm.com name server ns2.daedelus.us.
    $ whois daedelus.us
    Domain Name: DAEDELUS.US
    Domain ID: D27130150-US
    Sponsoring Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrar URL (registration services): whois.enom.com
    Domain Status: ok
    Registrant ID: FBF91896859BDC8B
    Registrant Name: Dan Fry
    Registrant Organization: Daedelus Group
    Registrant Address1: 1202 7th St. SE
    Registrant City: Minneapolis
    Registrant State/Province: MN
    Registrant Postal Code: 55416
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Country Code: US
    ...

    November 9, 2010 @ 10:27 pm | Reply
    And then from Alex Bilton/SuperVM:

    Although we know Dan...

    Dan is the registered owner of Daedelus Group, as you can see.
    So you have been only hired to design as example daedelus.us?

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    And then:
    And then from Alex Bilton/SuperVM:

    So you have been only hired to design as example daedelus.us?
    'Consulting' entails work beyond design (often I do work for companies with no Internet presence or knowledge of where to start), though I designed daedelus.us as well. I worked with Daedelus no longer than a few weeks and haven't heard from them since, so I'm unable to make any comment about its status. What point are you trying to make?

  28. #28

    Charlatans detected

    Quote Originally Posted by Dann_F View Post
    Greg is the current owner of IonVM
    Greg is most likely just another identity of people (or person) working at IonVM. They masqueraded identities this time to bring up a legitimate excuse for not taking care of their support tickets. Whoever calls himself David Krause used to be and still is in charge.

    Besides, all the PayPal payments for IonVM services go to an account on http://www.alchymic.com/. And here: http://www.alchymic.com/contact.php it says "Alchymic LLC's owner can be reached directly at: [email protected]". Isn't this our Dann Fry, so-called newcomer?

    The ways how this business works makes me laugh.

  29. #29
    More research on alchymic.com:

    Here people are asked to boost the domain's rank in google: http://boyah.net/forums/index.php?topic=53998

    Just in case if he deletes it, I'll copy here.

    1. Search 'alchymic' on Google
    2. Go to page 5-6 and click:
    Alchymic | Index
    IT management and consulting; multimedia design, hosting, and publishing services.
    alchymic.com/
    I just need a few genuine clicks on it to get it in the first page results for 'alchymic', which would be good.
    luts for anyone who clicks it several times through proxies
    THANKS
    Post is published by someone called "vziard", there is vziard on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#!/vziard) whose location is also Minneapolis, MN, just like Daedelus Group's, registered on Dan Fry. His personal website mentioned on twitter is http://fourthtimensionaltransition.com. Now, there is no such website. Because he made a typo in the name It is http://fourthDimensionaltransition.com, not Timentional. Ok, here we go:
    fourthdimensionaltransition.com. But this domain is down at the time when I write this. Anyway

    Same coordinates at for alchymic.com, where that "Dan" is a primary contact.

    On 4dt.org there is just total awesomeness Long articles about Revelations of Hermes Trismegistis, ancient physics and philosophy. No kidding, whoever stands behind it, is really into wizardry and alchemy. Thus the nickname: vziard = wizard.

    So, folks, this is the true story of IonVM. Anyone for a service from them?

  30. #30
    And even more:

    http://boyah.net/forums/index.php?topic=53995.0

    I got my fancy new seven hundred dolla limit credit card activated today, and bought

    alchymic.info
    alchymic.net
    4dt.org
    avdsgn.net
    2x RapidSSL certificates

    premium namespace.
    alchymic.info will be that site with free proxy, seedbox, file hosting, etc I said I would launch awhile ago.

    alchymic.net is a future web host, need to age the domain a little.

    avdsgn.net is replacing analogvision.net for my design portfolio **** because I forgot to renew it and it's stuck in limbo

    I'll stop no one cares
    This is the right attitude!

    Let's go ahead:

    https://boyah.net/forums/index.php/t...tml#msg1088256

    There's a link right there for his Google+ profile:
    https://plus.google.com/112403875868641051721/

    Of course he will hide it right away, so I'm gonna copy publicly available info:
    Dan Fry
    Omne superius, sicut inferius.

    Introduction: You've found the correct Dan.
    Gender: Male
    There's his photo, too, he is a young guy. I have copied it for future reference: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/danfry.jpg/

    Spirit was right all along: IonVM is Dan Fry, a man of multiple fake identities, charlatan and scammer.

  31. #31
    Well, I have a vps with them...and I hope IonVM will manage to do things right.

  32. #32
    Not at all, it's incredibly easy... to do what I do you just need a small network of servers, rudimentary knowledge of the software that runs virtual servers on the servers (OpenVZ + SolusVM), and a website with a shopping cart linked to the servers (WHMCS). There's highly developed software made specifically for each part, and they all have modules and APIs to work automatically with each other. I just setup the websites, let them run for a month or two, and sell the whole operation for multiple thousands as a ready-to-go web hosting property.
    http://boyah.net/forums/index.php?topic=53995.0

    That's our Dann Fry.
    What he forget to mention is army of scammed clients with data loss, terminated accounts, unresponded tickets... in those migration processes.
    Last edited by Spirit; 10-25-2011 at 05:04 PM.

  33. #33
    So incredibly silly childish bragging, haha.

    And true, it would be OK if Dan "The Alchemist" Fry aka IonVM was able to deliver quality, yet he just can't. BTW he refused my request for a money back, I had do a chargeback.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post

    For those which don't know... IONVM is just another mass product of "Master of Disguise" Dann Fry (or one of his many identities like Alan Jones...) known also for creating Delimiter, Supervm, Xvps, Holoserv, Telvps, Zoomservers, K-R Networks, daedelus.us group and few other virtual companies...
    This has been brought to our attention before. If you can provide more details, contact us at http://helpdesk.webhostingtalk.com/ We have found a few connections, but more info would be appreciated.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    Greg is most likely just another identity of people (or person) working at IonVM. They masqueraded identities this time to bring up a legitimate excuse for not taking care of their support tickets. Whoever calls himself David Krause used to be and still is in charge.

    Besides, all the PayPal payments for IonVM services go to an account on. And here: it says "Alchymic LLC's owner can be reached directly at: ". Isn't this our Dann Fry, so-called newcomer?

    The ways how this business works makes me laugh.
    IonVM was sold to Greg in September. IonVM payments go to his company's PayPal. How do you claim you know this, are you a client of IonVM? David Krause still works at IonVM, but is not in charge. I know this for certain. Please take care to do the necessary research, that is, contact the individuals and companies in question, before making careless accusations in public. It hurts no one but yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    More research on alchymic:

    Here people are asked to boost the domain's rank in google:

    Just in case if he deletes it, I'll copy here.

    Post is published by someone called "vziard", there is vziard on Twitter () whose location is also Minneapolis, MN, just like Daedelus Group's, registered on Dan Fry. His personal website mentioned on twitter is. Now, there is no such website. Because he made a typo in the name It is , not Timentional. Ok, here we go: . But this domain is down at the time when I write this. Anyway

    Same coordinates at for alchymic, where that "Dan" is a primary contact.

    On there is just total awesomeness Long articles about Revelations of Hermes Trismegistis, ancient physics and philosophy. No kidding, whoever stands behind it, is really into wizardry and alchemy. Thus the nickname: vziard = wizard.
    Here's the full disclosure you're looking for, aulismedia: I own Alchymic LLC. This is the consulting agency I have mentioned. It employs several people, who variously operate Boyah, 4DT, FourthDimensionalTransition, Analog\Vision, and many other Web media properties under my supervision, NOT including IonVM or any other web host.

    Though it's incredibly irrelevant to the discussion here, 4DT is envisioned as an original content/research aggregation platform; the 2 articles posted on it right now are there to fine-tune formatting, and have little to do with the actual theme of the platform. (But I think it's funny that you call me 'really into wizardry and alchemy'!) The site won't be launching for another 8-10 months, you're welcome to take another look at it when that happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    So, folks, this is the true story of IonVM. Anyone for a service from them?
    What is the true story of IonVM, aulismedia? You've discovered that it has had some connection with a Web media consulting agency, and proved the consulting agency is owned by me, which is exactly what I said earlier. What's the problem? If I googled 'aulismedia' and posted everything I found, then claimed you were a Russian terrorist because that's just what I'm leaning toward, would it be true?


    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    [url]/url]

    That's our Dann Fry.
    What he forget to mention is army of scammed clients with data loss, terminated accounts, unresponded tickets... in those migration processes.
    Due diligence would show that there are, actually, an excess of positive reviews from IonVM clients, and a minority of negative reviews. Where can this veritable army of 'scammed clients with data loss, terminated accounts, unresponded tickets' be found? I'm sure you can find 3 or 4 to post here, but 3 or 4 clients among thousands who don't post reviews does not indicate a proven trend. I'd invite any critical reader of this thread to check Thread ID 1061680, where the actual 'status' of IonVM is much more clearly illuminated.

    I have never been in the habit of designing 'scams' or low-quality businesses. If I was, I probably wouldn't enjoy the success with Alchymic LLC that I do, would I? If I helped engineer 'scam hosts', would they still be thriving years later in the hands of well-known companies? No host that I have ever worked with has gone out of business. Everything I have posted in this thread has been shown to be exactly as I said it is. How does this all add up to my being, allegedly, a 'charlatan'?

    To reiterate and bring discussion back around to the original topic, I do not own IonVM, nor do I presently have anything to do with any web hosting company.

    Quote Originally Posted by dominum View Post
    Well, I have a vps with them...and I hope IonVM will manage to do things right.
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. From everything I've seen, IonVM is setup very well and has a good track record compared to most budget VPS hosts. Just glance at the topics in this board.


    Quote Originally Posted by aulismedia View Post
    So incredibly silly childish bragging, haha.

    And true, it would be OK if Dan "The Alchemist" Fry aka IonVM was able to deliver quality, yet he just can't. BTW he refused my request for a money back, I had do a chargeback.
    I have never worked support or accounts for IonVM. Please make clear who, exactly, you're aiming your criticism at.


    Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse View Post
    This has been brought to our attention before. If you can provide more details, contact us at ( ) We have found a few connections, but more info would be appreciated.
    I'd welcome your communication directly with me if there is anything left unresolved. I've tried to portray everything exactly as it stands in this thread. Please feel free to contact me at dan[at]alchymic[dot]com.
    Last edited by Dann_F; 10-25-2011 at 09:08 PM.

  36. #36
    Sure I was IonVM's customer, and this is from my PayPal payment for IonVM services made in August 2011:

    This transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *ALCHYMICNET".
    Payment To Alchymic Networks LLC
    I don't care much more about connection of IonVM and Dan Fry, it think it is just obvious.
    Last edited by aulismedia; 10-26-2011 at 10:49 AM.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,280
    I did engage to buy Ionvm in late sept and as of Oct 4th all your paypal payments come to me. I had the Ionvm handled on wht turned off, as per wht rules. We're cleaning up and improving some things but yes Ionvm is a very legit business if my name and weight of my reputation mean anything to you.

    However I can not get behind the rest of the things being said here. It seems like Dan in some way does help establish legit hosts whatever his role is in the others, but they do get sold and they are legit businesses.

    Ionvm was/is doing well but I can smell amateurish all over it. I bring 15 years of experience and lots of resources . Some of my main brands , in my sig, have been in operation for 13yrs. What will I do with Ionvm? Ive added some servers, some staff, will redo that dog ugly design, and bring my wowvps brand over so they are one and the same. These brands do not relate to my main brands and I hope I dont regret buying Ionvm, I do not so far. Its pretty consistent but needs our experience. I will be investing more into it and developing it further.

    As for Dan, he has been very helpful. I have no ideas about his past business involvements and don't want to engage that part of the discussion. I've only posted to clear the name of IonVM.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

  38. #38
    IonVM changed name to VPS6.NET now.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,280
    No, it didnt. Its still ionvm and has been cleaned up massively. I dont know what vps6 is , looks like a knockoff site or perhaps made by the same person that owned ionvm before me. I'd avoid it.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    35
    I was having dedicated server with SWVPS, they are little slow, support was ok but at the end I decided to leave the company because some times they ignore your requests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SwVPS Review (bad, bad, bad!!!)
    By SlAiD in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-27-2016, 03:10 PM
  2. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 12-05-2011, 09:09 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 01:23 PM
  4. Replies: 55
    Last Post: 11-18-2004, 01:47 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2002, 02:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •