Exclamation Stop Email Problem --> Rent Independant Mail Server --> Anyone know ones ?!

Hi,

I own a web hosting company and my customers have a lot of problem with their email. They can't send email to specific email address and they receive mail delivery failure.

Also they receive a lot of spam.. so i'm decided and i'm looking to rent an independant mail server to redirect my mx mail.myserver.com to this one.

The solution or email server must are cheap prices because we are a new company.. and we need these features :

- Email sended must be everytime approved and not detected as spam from any FAI (ISP).
    - Blocks spams and virus

Thanks for your help. If you know any other good solution, thanks to show us.

Hello, not sure what web hosting service(s) you are selling from - I'm going to presume you have a reseller 'shared' type hosting service you resell to your clients.

It sounds like the hosting company / datacenter you are with has been irresponsible (allowing spamers/ abusers /phishers) on their network and get the IP space blacklisted from most major providers (aol, yahoo, others).

To solve this, is not easy - other than to make sure your hosting services are on IP addresses which are not low-reputation or blacklisted. You can look for a provider that offers you dedicated ip addresses to just you and test the emails to be sure they work.

trouble getting email to deliver is VERY common in shared and reseller hosting because of the nature of abuse and un-trusted web sites co-sharing the same ip space, there is no simple answer other than being with a good provider which is very responsible with high end monitoring systems and abuse staff that crack down on things like spam to prevent the IP space from being blacklisted.

You can look at a VPS hosting plan to resell your hosting from, so you have your OWN ip that way as well (usually costs a bit more than the reseller hosting options)

Hope that helps.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam

We are not a reseller, we own our own dedicated server and our mail server are good configured and we don't appear in any blacklist.. but it seem than we have always one or much customer that have some difficulty to send email to specific people.

Exept rent a mail server, do you know a good antispam solution to install to a mail server to increase quality of mail received and sended by the mail server to block spam and to stop our email to be blocked by some ISP(FAI).

Thanks

If it is specific people that can't receive email from your users, then perhaps it isn't your problem?

To put another way, perhaps the technical solution should be on the other end?

You probably want to check your IP's reputation of your mail server, check over at senderbase.org and mxtoolbox.com at http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

Even if not blacklisted, your reputation can be very low for poor quality due to others in that datacenter/ip-space (or due to traffic on your server you may not be aware of).

IF you don't want to rent a server that has a complete mail solution that works for your needs, and want to add better anti spam software to your server, you would have to talk to the administrator to get their ideas since you said its already configured. So only they know what can be integrated or not (i.e. is linux, windows, is it a commercial mail system that can tie into something else etc). You could use MX mail filtering for inbound mail, if you don't want to beef up the anti spam features of your existing dedicated server, that's a quick fix and several providers can help you with that service too.
    Colohouse | P: 877-539-4638 | E: hello@colohouse.com
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Colocation | Web Hosting | Public & Private Cloud | IaaS & DRaaS
    Data Centers: New York | Chicago | Miami | Colorado | California | Amsterdam

Hi,

I know my reputation about blacklist.. but how i can get my general reputation based on my ip.. any tips ?!

Thanks

If your getting bounces to a specific address - what does the NDR state is the issue.. surely this will say if its there end or yours.. e.g. blacklist.. authentication required there end .. etc..

Also if you getting general spam issues, sometimes RBL's arent all that you need. Have you considered something an antispam product like Sophos PureMessage e.g. something that does content filtering email, phrases, phishing detection etc.. not just blocklists or outsourcing your SPAM detection to a 3rd party e.g. spamexperts.com then you can deliver your clean mail to your mail server.

im using all these as examples as i have used/use both and can vouch for them others are available GFI both inhouse/hosted solutions, MessageLabs, Websense

thanks i will check it these links.

It's always best in the long term to use your own mail servers and make 100% sure that you're not on any blacklists, and find out what's causing the bounces. Make sure your reverse DNS is setup, SPF records and all that - if that's all done, and everything is configured and you're not on blacklists, your problems will eventually disappear..

Yes i think everyone you are right.. i will keep my mail server. At this time, i check cpanel plugin to stop spam and i have find ASSP Deluxe.

What do you think about this plugin ? if i look comment on forum everyone seem to find it awesome.

Thanks for your advice and comments.

It sounds like you need to clean up your IP space, as you appear to be considered a "bad neighborhood" if you are having that many issues. This will take you some time to accomplish, but it will help your non-abusive clients.
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | 1500 CLASS-A/B/C | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING
    RESIDENTIAL IPS | 10G UNMETERED | IPV4 SOLUTION PROVIDER SINCE 2008