hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Server Boost= THE SUCK!!!!

Forum Jump

Server Boost= THE SUCK!!!!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 PM

Server Boost= THE SUCK!!!!

I have been with them for three months, shared platform.In three months:
1) about 20-30 "service interruptions" with about 50% up time. Among the WORST host I have ever been with. I understand they are "upgrading" their servers but come on. It's been a "work in progress" for ages now.
2) Hacked one time. I woke up this morning to a hacked page. It had the Joker on it and the page hacked by some Urdu fools. Totally ridiculous. Customers were greeted with this for 5 hours and I had to answer a flood of phone calls asking if their personal data was "compromised". It was immensely embarrassing as the Joker played a ice little song and dance for my customers.

I would avoid serverboost.com unless they immediately or miraculously change their mode of operation. I suspect many of the "positive" reviews are fake. I doubt anyone could rate these clowns as positive. I mean a hacked page? Come on. And 6 hours to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 11:26 PM
Web Host Reviewer

If you're not happy, you can always move.

Plenty of excellent hosts to choose from using high end hardware that's already in place, and with uptime records that skate the edge of 100%. Such quality companies include EuroVPS, Stablehost, JaguarPC, MDD Hosting, HawkHost, SpeedySparrow ... even HostGator.

I would never sit on a bad service for 3 months -- not even 1 month.

Old 10-07-2011, 11:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

For 50% uptime, I would be out of there quicker than a lost dog! Honestly, that type of uptime is pretty bad to say the least and kpmedia has quite a point there.

In fact it actually reminds me of "Servage", somewhat similar.

l www.spiralhosting.com Chief Technical Officer Superior Service Guarantee

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Disabled

Correct, there are tones of hosting companies available to move your hosting services to, please be sure you will "backup" all your data before move.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Web Hosting Master

I know what you mean. I was a dedicated server customer there for 2 months and it was just outage after outage with the network until I gave up and moved.

Old 10-08-2011, 03:24 AM
Web Hosting Master

I find it sad to hear such a negative review about our company.
This actual downtime was caused by an exploit in the proftpd service. It was already fixed in the morning but since all sites were compromised we decided to restore the data. Off course such things take time with the amount of domains hosted on the server.

At least we take back-ups compared to some companies, so there wasn't any real big data loss. Some people expect too much from what they are paying.

About the uptime, I am sure you are exagerating.
The network issues we have had were mainly caused by DDOS attacks, not much you can do about it and mostly only 1 rack / switch was afected since our external connectivity is big enough not to bother other clients about it. We monitor everything so we can also interact quickly, certainly now we have our own network.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzuchy View Post
1) about 20-30 "service interruptions" with about 50% up time. Among the WORST host I have ever been with. I understand they are "upgrading" their servers but come on. It's been a "work in progress" for ages now.
Do you have data to backup the 50% uptime? A monitoring service? I don't mean to contradict you, but that's a pretty serious accusation to make of a pretty reputable company. Let's see some data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzuchy View Post
2) Hacked one time. I woke up this morning to a hacked page. It had the Joker on it and the page hacked by some Urdu fools. Totally ridiculous.
Unfortunately, this kind of thing is the nature of the beast in web hosting. Did they restore your data and indicate what the exploit was?

Hopefully you find a host that fits your needs in the future!

Best,
Dave

Old 10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg01 View Post
Do you have data to backup the 50% uptime? A monitoring service? I don't mean to contradict you, but that's a pretty serious accusation to make of a pretty reputable company. Let's see some data.

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is the nature of the beast in web hosting. Did they restore your data and indicate what the exploit was?

Hopefully you find a host that fits your needs in the future!

Best,
Dave
I thought this when I was reading this post Server Boost seem to get good reviews!!! Why would they suddenly be rubbish maybe this is just a one of thing. The guy who just posted from there company does not seem like an ass seem like a nice guy who know what he is going on about and wants to help.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Web Hosting Master

To answer the questions asked by Dave, yes we have restored their data and also sent a mailing to our clients who were actually hosted on the web server with more information about the exploit.
We like to stay professional and not hide such things from our clients, we are always very open about everything that happens, whether it is good or bad