I want to vent my frustration regarding SORBS, the spam protection service.
Yes, what they is awesome and it does stop spam, but in my case it's a truly annoying, pain the butt experience. Look at this:
1) their website is hosted in Australia, so each page loads SLOW AS HECK.
2) I really 'like' it that my username and password are sent through a GET request through your url. Really friggin' save, amateurs.
3) They require you to log in to their systems using the offending IP address as network. So do I have to login to my VPS, create a desktop environment, install firefox and visit their site? GET REAL.
4) The system sucks, and eventhough it was my own fault by not updating WordPress (minor version update) and the account got hacked, I instantly cleaned everything up last week but still I cannot email any hotmail or google accounts, so now SORBS is just costing me time and money.
5) If I want to define a network, or whatever they call it, I get an access denied error. If I want to add the DNS settings that's offered on their website (not even sure what to do with that) I get an access denied error. The third menu option is User manager and clicking on that leads to another Not found error.
So ALL in ALL:
FIX YOUR SITE, PEOPLE. This really frustrates the **** out of me, because I simply can't do proper business. We e-mail a lot of dj's and producers, and they happen to all have Gmail. We need to send a contract to Thailand this week, but we can't because of this dumb spam list, etc etc.
What do we need to do to get this fixed? Anybody ever had any experience with SORBS and their amazing website and policies?
Thanks for any help!