Thumbs up Hudsonvalleyhost 7+ months review

Its time to put in a review for another of my hosting provider. They are Hudsonvalleyhost.

I never knew about this company until they posted their ad on the vps hosting offers forum. I saw the ad on the very first day they posted and I wanted to look into offers and jumped in. It was an promotional offer, when I asked via live chat if they could keep the offer until 2morrow on Live Chat I was told yes the offer would be valid until the next day.

When I went to order the next day, to my surprise the coupon code was dead, I came to know their node was full so they stopped the promo offer and gave other offers around. I went again to Live Chat and asked them about the earlier day incident and the promise they gave me, they replied that they would keep up their promise and gave me a new coupon code for me to register with and I did happily.

At first, I used the vps only for backups later on after running into some issues with another host of mine I decided to check how hudsonvalleyhost does for a mainstream site and to my surprise it acted damn good. There was absolutely no load what-so-ever compared to my old vps.

I had some problems when they last changed ip addresses of users who were moved to HostDime data center. I had to re-install kloxo as the backup failed to work, "James" the support in-charge was professional and very helpful in performing smallest of things and explained in detail when ever necessary.

Later, I had ran into other minor issues which were needed for my scripts and James was ready to help me on that even though I was on a un-managed plan.

The response times for all the tickets is awesome most of the times its lesser than 20 minutes and the task completion is lesser than an hour.

my uptime (its 34 days since it was over then when they changed to HostDime data center and I had to re-build Cent Os after kloxo ran into issues)

Code:
     03:21:47 up 34 days, 10:08,  1 user,  load average: 0.07, 0.16, 0.17
    speed test:
    Code:
     wget http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    --2011-09-29 03:27:11--  http://cachefly.cachefly.net/100mb.test
    Resolving cachefly.cachefly.net... 205.234.175.175
    Connecting to cachefly.cachefly.net|205.234.175.175|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `100mb.test'

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 44.2M/s   in 2.3s

2011-09-29 03:27:13 (44.2 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

I have to say they are more than a semi-managed host for me for an un-managed plan hoster. I have nothing worry about them so far, they really care about the customers.

The best thing about HvH is, they inform the users what is happening around and what is going to happen much earlier via mails.

Keep it up HvH.

My ratings:

Support - 10/10
    Billing - 10/10
    Uptime - 10/10

Its been more than 7 months since I started using their service and I wish they stay the same if not better in the future too

Can I recommend this host to any one ? Yes, absolutely 100%. I had chat with Ernie their CEO, James, Conor all are very helpful and very polite.

*sorry for my english, not my naive language. And sorry once again for the long read.
    *submitted my site via report function for verification

Excellent, detailed review. Good to know their keeping you happy.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your kind words and will continue to provide the best service possible.
    ¦ Ernie - ColoCrossing by HostPapa | Enterprise Colocation and Baremetal Services
    ¦ Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Private Cloud | Managed Services | IP Transit
    ¦ Buffalo, NY | Los Angeles | Atlanta | Chicago | Dallas | Atlanta | San Jose | Seattle
    ¦ Equick @ colocrossing.com

I am so glad that you have praised this wonderful company. Yes they are one of the best.
    I have not met or should say spoken to a single one of the support staff that has not been very informative, courteous and or any that do not know what they are doing.
    Hats off to Ernie and all the gang at HVH.
    Hosting - At it's Simple Best!
    Get your Business, Blog or Personal Site Online in an Affordable way.
    https://www.fdwhostingco,com

one of the best company I've ever tried

keep the good job HVH

Thanks Ninak!!
    ¦ Ernie - ColoCrossing by HostPapa | Enterprise Colocation and Baremetal Services
    ¦ Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Private Cloud | Managed Services | IP Transit
    ¦ Buffalo, NY | Los Angeles | Atlanta | Chicago | Dallas | Atlanta | San Jose | Seattle
    ¦ Equick @ colocrossing.com

Thank you for the review.
    Maybe I can try to rejoin with HVHost again , since I have more time to manage my online business now :
    www.erawanarifnugroho.com - my personal homepage

thanks for sharing buddy...

I checked at the moment. Very reasonable prices. recently thinking of buying.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by droid14 View Post
    I checked at the moment. Very reasonable prices. recently thinking of buying.
    I don't think that you can go wrong. The prices are very reasonable. The staff is great and what more would you want.....
    Hosting - At it's Simple Best!
    Get your Business, Blog or Personal Site Online in an Affordable way.
    https://www.fdwhostingco,com