09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Join Date: Jun 2011
India to USA employee looking for work
I will be moving to USA after some months as my family may move there.
Just wanted to know the opportunities around there for an onsite or offsite position! Are there any datacenters/offices etc with vacancies.
I have 3 + years of experience with linux server administration, solaris, VMware etc.
1. Strong Exposure to Network Architecture and Security on Linux servers.
2. Web Servers - Apache 1.3.x/2.0.x, (expertise in configuring apache modules:
mod_dosevasive, mod_security, mod_rewrite etc ).
3. Performance Tuning/ Monitoring of Servers
4. Mail - SMTP, POP, IMAP, exim.
5. Kernel compilation: Good experience in kernel compilation, 2.2, 2.4 and 2.6.
6. Admin Tools - mytop, vmstat, iostat, top, traceroute, ping, sar, ntop, memcheck
7. Backup - tar, cpio, dump (ufsdump)
8. Security Protocols/Services/Tools - SSH, SSL, IPchains, IPtables, TCP Wrappers.
9. Port scanners: nmap, superscan
10. Vulnerability Scanner: Nessus
11. Hands on experience in OpenVZ
12. Crash Recovery of file systems - Using fsck
Web hosting Tools:
1. Good knowledge in web hosting Control panels such as Cpanel, WHM
2. Managing User Accounts, File Systems, Security, Disk Usage and Backup.
3. Server restoration and transferring of accounts between all types of server.
4. Configuring Nagios for 24/7 server monitoring.
5. Setting up new servers and installing server monitoring softwares like Nagios, MRTG etc.
Knowledge in Security Installations/Configuration
1. Installing and configuring software Firewalls (APF and CSF)
2. Installing and configuring rootkit detection software
3. Scan and harden /tmp /var/tmp directories
4. Extended Binary Hardening
5. PAM Resource Limiting
6. Inetd hardening
7. Installing Brute Force Detection software (APF+BFD)
8. Tweaking MySQL
9. Host.conf & Sysctl Hardening
10. Compiling PHP to the Latest Stable Version
11. PHP Hardening (Tweak php.ini & Disabling of insecure PHP functions)
12. Remove insecure packages and unnecessary softwares
13. Upgrade Installed Softwares to the latest version
14. Install Mod_security apache module with latest custom rules
15. Tripwire installation and configuration
16. Port scanning techniques
17. Mailmon - Sendmail monitor installation
18. ClamAV - Antivirus toolkit installation
19. Install Exim Dictionary Attack ACL
20. Spamassassin installation
21. Setup RBL integrated with major Spam databases
22. Install & Configure MRTG
Web Server Administration:
Linux Security Tools handled
Iptables, Ipchains, TCP Wrappers, APF, Rkhunter (Rootkit Hunter),
chrootkit , CSF
Well experienced with working for many leading data centers and webhosts.
Well experienced in handling L1/L2/L3 level tech support, Security and
- Kayako (including chat)
- WHMCS (including installation and error troubleshooting)
Experience in VPS(OpenVz and Xen)
Installing, configuring VPSs with various linux distros.
Experienced with VPS(Virtuozzo), OPENVZ, HYPERVM,XEN Environment.
Good knowledge in FFMpeg installation to enable video streaming for servers.
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is Off