CurlHost: No response, website down

I'm having issues with CurlHost. I signed up on Wednesday 8/31 and haven't gotten anything set up. Their site has been down since Saturday 9/3. I have a claim in to PayPal for a refund, and if CurlHost doesn't respond by 9/16, Judge PayPal will decide the case.

I signed up for the forums here to view tepid's profile (which can be found at webhostingtalk .com/ member.php?u=343965) but apparently my "user account may not have sufficient privileges to access [that] page". I'm hoping that posting this will fix that. Unfortunately, this is my second time writing this post due to vBulletin rejecting my previous post for having a link in it.

Anywho, if anyone else is having issues with CurlHost, I'd love to hear about them.

Quote Originally Posted by displeased View Post
    I'm having issues with CurlHost. I signed up on Wednesday 8/31 and haven't gotten anything set up. Their site has been down since Saturday 9/3. I have a claim in to PayPal for a refund, and if CurlHost doesn't respond by 9/16, Judge PayPal will decide the case.

I signed up for the forums here to view tepid's profile (which can be found at webhostingtalk .com/ member.php?u=343965) but apparently my "user account may not have sufficient privileges to access [that] page". I'm hoping that posting this will fix that. Unfortunately, this is my second time writing this post due to vBulletin rejecting my previous post for having a link in it.

Anywho, if anyone else is having issues with CurlHost, I'd love to hear about them.
    Web site is down for me too. As for his profile, I am not seeing anything there that will be of any use (no contact info etc).

One note about his profile though: Last Activity: 06-22-11 12:30 AM
    Lane Eckley (lane@staff.hypernia.com) ♦ Hypernia Corporation ♦
    Stablebox - Unlimited SSD Web Hosting | High Performance SSD VPS | Custom Solutions
    Check out our RECURRING Affiliate Program
    HERE!

I can't access their site either. Their domain record is privacy protected too, so no contact info.
    Do you have a phone number for them? If so, I'd advise you to call them.
    Farbyte Ltd [UK] ♦ Professional UK Hosting ♦ Tel: +44 (0)843 532 0744
    cPanel® web hosting since 2006.
    SSD caching VPS with resilient, redundant replicated storage & IPS
    ♦ Hosting ♦ Domains ♦ SSL Certificates ♦ VPS

Quote Originally Posted by Farbyte View Post
    Do you have a phone number for them? If so, I'd advise you to call them.
    No, just a PayPal receipt. The address is payments@curlhost.com and I'd expect that address to either bounce (their server(s) are down) or be unmonitored.

One clue is their WHOIS protection. If you are running legal operations then whois protection is not needed. Obviously the owner knew that this would come so this is why he hid his information.

Good luck on getting your money back.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged VPS's [OpenVZ & KVM] by tmzVPS.com | FAST - SSD Accelerated VPS Plans!
    █ Locations in California, Florida & London. Legal Adult Content Allowed.
    cPanel/WHM | Premium Network | Premium Softaculous and MORE Included! | Website Migrations Included!
    █ 24/7 Certified Support | INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2CheckOut, BitCoin, All Major Credit Cards Accepted!

That is to bad being down for a good amount of time is not a good sign. Good luck on getting your money back!

Just because they blocked there Who is info doe not mean they intended to do illegal activities. Id Protection is a product that is pushed among domain registrars and it is easy money. Allot of our customers have puchased Id protection so this means they intend to do illegal operations that is ridiculous
    | Buzy Bee Hosting, LLCsales@bzybhosting.com★Dedicated★XEN/KVM VPS★
    | Self/Fully Managed★ Reseller/Shared Hosting★cPanel®★ 99.9% uptime★
    | Softaculous★ CMS hosting★ SSL Certs★ Idera CDP Backup, FTP Backup

I don't think a private whois justifies this assessment/conclusion. That statement could be slanderous. Absent proof I would not go there. In any event OP is understandably displeased. I hope you get your money back & find a better host.

Quote Originally Posted by TmzHosting View Post
    One clue is their WHOIS protection. If you are running legal operations then whois protection is not needed. Obviously the owner knew that this would come so this is why he hid his information.

Good luck on getting your money back.

- Daniel
    • Protection against Ddos, DOS, Brute force, Proxy Attacks & robots. • MONEY BACK GUARANTEE! • No price increase EVER!
    • Has your current/prospective host been around more than 10 years? We have!

sales@uncensored-hosting.comUncensored-Hosting Follow @UncensoredHost

Quote Originally Posted by kneadingu View Post
    In any event OP is understandably displeased.
    Pun intended!

A private WhoIs doesnt mean anything. There are many criminals scouring the net to farm phone numbers and email addresses.
    1. Mmmmm food...

PayPal just sent me a message:
    Dear Mister Mister,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $x.xx USD and this amount has been credited to you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.
    CurlHost's site has been down every day. I think I'm going to go with QuickWeb. They're significantly more expensive, but I think it's worth it. Having my VPS in Seattle is important.

11. Newsletters

Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!