Thumbs up A review of evorack and how I got there.

I have had a hell of a time finding a VPS for my dozen or so websites. I needed the extra control and scope of a VPS as I am adding more sites every day and like the control I get with having my own server.

I though that I would share my experiences in brief of a few other providers as it may help you in finding your ideal VPS.

Firstly bhost.net. (1GB package)

The price is very good and for it you get decent advertised spec. The set-up was instant the standard control panel responsive. Initially I thought I was on to a winner, however, a few weeks in I noticed that as soon as I tried to do more than one thing at the same time, i.e. ftp and ssh, the server was slow. This was from at work and at home so separate from the network environment. The go-slow on the ssh terminal was painful so like a VPS floozie I jumped ship.

UK2.net

This was an accidental purchase (don't ask) I was trying to see what discount a certain code would give me only to confirm the order, woops. I know there is debate to be had over "cloud" environments with a VPS but the sexy sliders drew me in. Two very good things. One, you buy resources with UK2, you can then divide these up as you please and set up a couple of VPS machines. I had one with all the spec, then made another by splitting the resources, reconfigured the server and moved it all across. Wicked! When it works, it was fast, very fast. However, I would often wake up to find my server had frozen in some way needing a reset. This happened every day, very annoying.

Based on review on this site I went to evorack.

Initially I will admit I was worried as the setup was delayed, Jonny was very polite about it but the idea that there wasn't someone there to flick the switch disturbed me. However, he made it happen and got it up. The best shared hosting I have ever had was with a similar company so I stayed with them. Since then I have had check-in emails from him to see if I am happy. On top of that the server is rock solid and very fast. They have a test server which is good but as we all know these only show how fast their network is, not how well your server will work. I to this day could not tell you how many machines, staff or customers they have which feels odd but I can tell you that I am very happy. One week in and I have been very pleased with every aspect of the evorack package. A coupon has my 512 vps under a tenner or there abouts and in real-world tests it hasn't skipped a beat. I think I have found a service that will get me to settle down and commit!

Nice work, evorack.

Thanks for the nice review
    Rackulous - Server Spectaculous
    UK KVM & Xen VPS hosting since 2010

Windows & Linux Available | Native IPv6 | Gigabit Access Network | SSD and Spindle RAID10 Disk Storage

Just came across this thread.

I have been with evorack since 13/11/10.
    Gee almost a year....

Anyhow they are great, Jonny is fantastic and so are the servers

Quote Originally Posted by BeZazz View Post
    Anyhow they are great, Jonny is fantastic and so are the servers
    Thanks - much appreciated
    Rackulous - Server Spectaculous
    UK KVM & Xen VPS hosting since 2010

Windows & Linux Available | Native IPv6 | Gigabit Access Network | SSD and Spindle RAID10 Disk Storage

Hi latitudehopper

I just wanted to say that the disk I/O issues we had a while back (which caused your slowness) are now resolved, do consider trying us again!

Do direct message me for a free 2 months service if you wish to try before you buy.

Thanks
    BHost - Linux VPS and Cloud
    Fremont, CA | London, UK | Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Homepage - www.BHost.net
    Reviews - www.BHost.net/reviews