looking for some entry lvl windows hosting

I am learning ASP.NET and other microsoft products and am looking for a windows server 2008 host. I have noticed that a lot of windows hosts are more expensive than the linux counter parts. I assume this has to do with licensing fees. I actually have a license for windows server 2008 if someone can just provide the hosting platform to put it on if I can save some money that way.

I am looking for an unmanaged host with around 10gb space, 300gb+. I would like a 25mbps line or faster line. 512mb of RAM or more would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveworms View Post
    I am learning ASP.NET and other microsoft products and am looking for a windows server 2008 host. I have noticed that a lot of windows hosts are more expensive than the linux counter parts. I assume this has to do with licensing fees. I actually have a license for windows server 2008 if someone can just provide the hosting platform to put it on if I can save some money that way.
    This is cost of Windows hosting can matched with linux plans when it is Shared web hosting, if you would need a dedicated server with windows 2008, definitely yes, licensing cost comes to picture and even that cost per month would be again equivalent to the cost of cPanel / WHM subscription on Linux platform. Since you have windows 2008 license this even be reduced here in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveworms View Post
    I am looking for an unmanaged host with around 10gb space, 300gb+. I would like a 25mbps line or faster line. 512mb of RAM or more would be nice too.
    Go for VPS hosting, that should match your requirements. Whats your budget on this requirement? Give search in WHT offers section.
    HostASP.NET offers Affordable, Reliable ASP.NET Web hosting India / USA | Linux plans, Hyper-V Virtual dedicated servers (VPS)

Well since you are in learning phase a VPS is the right choice to go , however I am not sure if any provider will accept the things you have described regarding the license , but you can get a cheap VPS for your learning.
    || 24x7CloudServerManagement | Server Management & Technical Support ||
    || Hosting Infrastructure & Customer Service Mangement 24x7 | Cpanel Server Management ||
    || https://www.24x7cloudservermanagement.com ||

Get a VPS that already has Windows. Having your own license won't really do anything for you. Windows won't run on just any old hardware setup like Linux can, so cheap unmanaged VPS are out of the question. EuroVPS, JaguarPC and SolarVPS would be good places to start. If you want cheap, BurstNET, but you get what you pay for. (Not a knock against Burst, but I don't think newbies should use their unmanaged services.)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I don't think there's ANY host who will allow you to use your own license on a windows VPS server. A dedicated, yes. But not VPS.
    BurstNET_CSM - The Honey to BurstNET's Vinegar
    www.burst.net & www.burstnet.eu